Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe future trade is gambling  (Read 934 times)
Luizwalter Crypt

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2024, 01:35:22 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2024, 04:54:32 PM by Luizwalter Crypt

I think futures trading is a form of gambling. I saw the last six months report of a younger brother who is very close to me. He knows about crypto from my younger brother. He was taught the holding trade. Meaning, he was given an idea of how to trade on the spot. But he can learn about how to trade futures with the help of YouTube. And without informing my younger brother, he slowly started trading futures. After six months, the condition of his family became very bad. He was born in a middle class family. Later, the area was talking about his loss. I found out from his family that he lost around 14 thousand dollars trading crypto. I told him the last time I saw him to buy bitcoins with all his wealth. But he didn't hear anything. Later he sold his grandfather's land and paid off all his loans. Later I came to know from him that he knows about futures trade from YouTube and lost all his dollars by trading without understanding the value of x.

Now my question is futures trade is actually gambling? Or how did he lose all his dollars?

Trading in general could be gambling and at the same time not gambling depending on how the trader approaches the market.

It becomes gambling when you open your trading charts, see a trade going one direction and without properly spending time to analyze the market just dive in to the market and keep an expectation of a certain amount of dollars you want from the market and keep praying the trade goes your direction to meet your demand then you close the trade. And most atimes even when it gets to your expectation you leave it thinking more would come and you begin to struggle with your emotions and atlast trades like this ends in lose.

But on the other hand it's not gambling when you Do your proper analysis and backed up with your trading plan and you open your trade position and set a sl and tp and wait patiently for the results.

So, to newbies it's gambling in a way but more like a game for professionals so we need to learn till it becomes part of us then success follows.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
February 18, 2024, 02:55:26 PM

Now my question is futures trade is actually gambling? Or how did he lose all his dollars?

Trading and gambling aren't the same thing but using high leverage in futures can turn trading into a gambling. For example, using 100x leverage results in twice the profit or liquidity on a 1% price movement depending on the position. In other words, although it isn't exactly the same, there will be a risk similar to high-low dice games and it will be possible to make money completely depending on luck (of course, the correct direction of movement can be determined with technical analysis but financial markets can also move contrary to expectations). On the other hand, using leverage between 2x and 5x is a very good advantage especially for individuals with low capital and it isn't a gamble because the slightest movements in prices don't cause these positions to become liquid or gain several times in a few seconds.

In summary, I can say that futures transactions aren't gambling if the correct leverage is used and technical analysis of the traded financial product is made but trading a financial product with randomly and high leverage without technical analysis is gambling.
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 155

View Profile
February 19, 2024, 12:10:13 AM

Well future trading and gambling are literally two different thing. When you have good knowledge and principles on how trading works your way of trading won't be taken as gambling, but in a scenario when an individual have an half-size knowledge about trading and have this crazy mindset that trading is a get rich quick scheme.

Which may lead to you being reckless when it comes to trading, using uncontrollable leverages in order to keep on to that mindset of yours that trading is get rich scheme. And doing in so you may endup losing alot of your funds either by cutting losse at the wrong time or getting yourself liquidated due to the use of high leverages.

That why keep telling those that are new to the field of trading to not start their trading journey with future trading, but to first start by exercising spot trading first to gain more knowledge with lesser risk attached it. With that you be able to know how to manage your risks .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: