Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:13:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You want to make USDT transaction, check transaction fee across chains  (Read 252 times)
Publictalk792

Activity: 294
Merit: 278

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2024, 03:28:42 AM

If you will transact it from non custodial wallet so these will not cut the fee in USDT. These will collect fee according to chain. Means if you will transfer USDT in Binance chain so these will collect fee in BNB which will be a chain fee. Or if you will transfer USDT Trc20 so you will pay in Tron(TRX).
If you use the exchange or custodial wallet so the fee will be different and higher. Different exchanges have different fee structure. The exchanges are collecting $5 to $20 fee in USDT ERC20. And in TRC20 they are collecting $1. So the TRC20 is less expensive as compare to ERC20.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bureau

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 03, 2024, 04:52:27 AM

If you will transact it from non custodial wallet so these will not cut the fee in USDT. These will collect fee according to chain. Means if you will transfer USDT in Binance chain so these will collect fee in BNB which will be a chain fee. Or if you will transfer USDT Trc20 so you will pay in Tron(TRX).
If you use the exchange or custodial wallet so the fee will be different and higher. Different exchanges have different fee structure. The exchanges are collecting $5 to $20 fee in USDT ERC20. And in TRC20 they are collecting $1. So the TRC20 is less expensive as compare to ERC20.

What you are saying does make sense, recently I was checking the transaction fee for transferring USDT on the TRC20 chain. I came across a post on another forum and found that if you use a tronlink pro wallet then the USDT transaction is free. You would only need to freeze some TRX to get energy. When you transfer from an exchange like Binance the BNB smart chain is way cheaper than any other network.

tjtonmoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 366

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2024, 05:05:30 PM

I think it is much easier to just hop into your wallet and try to make a transaction to see what the actual gas fee is. You are checking the gas fee because you want to make a transaction. For that you need to go into your wallet anyway, so why not see the gas fee right then and there? And the gas fee frequently changes.
This is true that when you make your transaction, you must to open your device, access your wallet and make a transaction.

The point is, before you do this, you can use those websites to check network status, transaction fee and see that do you actually want to make a transaction at that moment. If transaction fee is too expensive, it's unnecessary to do later steps.

No offense but I don't see the need for going to some other website to see the fee.
Maybe it's just me but doing transactions and watching the fee from the wallet is much easier. I could be wrong and people could have different opinion about this. But that's how I like it.
You are missing a point. The more exposure your wallet has with Internet, the more risk so if you can reduce it, why don't do this?

Prevention is better than cure even you can not have an airgap computer for your wallets.
Well now that you have explained it, it makes more sense. I haven't thought about it like that and now I understand why it is so important not to expose your wallet too much to the internet. Prevention is indeed better than cure so I agree with you.
Then again, I don't think Binance chain and Matic as well as Solana will ever have high fees for transactions. If I own tokens in those block chains, I don't think it is necessary to watch the fees first.
How much higher could the fee be ? If I'm making it big transaction, those small fee own matter that much.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 03, 2024, 09:13:50 PM

Be careful in choosing it, because with the stories that I've heard then it's not about the fee but the wrong network of choice when you've withdrawn your USDT from exchanges like Binance. Whilst mostly will say that matic is the cheaper one together with bsc.
It doesn't matter but please always check the address you'll receive your USDT if it's the right format for that network but usually, if you have the same most of them, it's possible that they have the same addresses if it's with the other exchange. Still, you need to pay attention to that detail.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1379

View Profile
January 03, 2024, 10:41:19 PM

Truly, it is a helpful website with a simple interface. I will bookmark it in my browser. It's good that it gathers the fees of the top four networks in one place, making it easier for people who may not have enough time to check the fees of each network individually when sending transactions related to the USDT currency. This way, they can choose the least congested network and verify the fees of each network to select the appropriate one to complete the transaction.

Thank you, OP, for your efforts.  Smiley

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2024, 10:47:22 PM

Another platform I can share about gas which is related to OP - https://fees.wtf

But this is only for Ethereum, it will show you historical gas transactions like how much you already spent on gas only, and it will also show the number of transactions, and how much in Ethereum you already spent and converted into USD.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2024, 05:17:50 AM

Is the gas fee on ETH less than the Tron network? Last time I checked it was around $2 for the ERC20 transfer but now it decreased which means the ETH2.0 is succeeding. Roll Eyes

It's Tron which has gotten worse lately. Regarding ETH 2.0, It seems to be a prominent misconception that it has 'already' scaled Ethereum which is not the case, what we call ETH 2.0 is term used to signify improvement phases Ethereum is to go through in upcoming years, the first step was transition from PoW to PoS, which has happened.

Scaling is to happen down the road as sharding is implemented.

USDT on other networks has negligible fees but the liquidity is high on Ethereum and Tron compared to other chains so I would better keep USDT in either one of these chains so that when I need to convert I may not face problems.

I don't think liquidity matters unless you are converting millions worth crypto.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
riantolie

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2024, 05:38:17 AM

TRX was way cheaper before, it's kinda disappointing, I was really used to it.
Bushdark

Activity: 882
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 04, 2024, 06:47:01 AM

What you are saying does make sense, recently I was checking the transaction fee for transferring USDT on the TRC20 chain. I came across a post on another forum and found that if you use a tronlink pro wallet then the USDT transaction is free. You would only need to freeze some TRX to get energy. When you transfer from an exchange like Binance the BNB smart chain is way cheaper than any other network.
Looking at the op chart, I was seeing busd which I don't think is still available on many exchanges. This stable coin had been delisted from even Binance which was the owner of the coin and I think other exchange too might have done that too. Busd is not among the stable coins since the team had decided to remove it and discontinued the existence.many investors should be aware of this and make proper research about the use of busd which belongs to Binance.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 02:30:41 PM

I tried a couple of custodial wallets before, and some still gives you an option for a low, mid, and high-priority transactions. But I still think that non-custodial wallets fees are much cheaper because like you said, they totally based their fees on the chain and I think they don't charge us any extra/hidden fees for using their wallets. This is one of the good things about them. Exchanges fees are of course higher than the wallets.

This is because they are also paying for their operations. But as usual, the fees in ETH and heavier chains are still expensive the lighter ones like Tron. Good thing they created alternative coins like this for us small-time users.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2024, 05:37:42 PM

I tried a couple of custodial wallets before, and some still gives you an option for a low, mid, and high-priority transactions. But I still think that non-custodial wallets fees are much cheaper because like you said, they totally based their fees on the chain and I think they don't charge us any extra/hidden fees for using their wallets. This is one of the good things about them. Exchanges fees are of course higher than the wallets.

This is because they are also paying for their operations. But as usual, the fees in ETH and heavier chains are still expensive the lighter ones like Tron. Good thing they created alternative coins like this for us small-time users.

If you are looking for cheap fees, Matic should be your choice. The second best is BSC network. They do charge on the gas token than on USDT. Tron chain is a bit complicated and that too complicates the withdrawal fees for some custodial wallets. They depend on how much energy and bandwidth you have. Sometimes it can be as low as free but if you are doing faster and more transactions, you'd pay much larger than on BSC. Except it, the custodial wallet's fee would be always higher than non-custodial ones even if they send in large batches.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2024, 07:16:29 PM

I think the OP should check solana blockchain as well. I think they have the lowest fees among all the blockchains right now. Polygon is also cheap but when you made deposit, it takes almost 800 confirmations before you can withdraw that fund once again. If you need to use any centralized exchanges in a short time like in any arbitrage trade where time is money you can fall behind. On the other hand any deposit from solana has been credited a lot faster than all of ETH's layer 2.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀