Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Corruption in Nigeria as a Problem of Economic Growth and Development  (Read 504 times)
Funke (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 03:01:30 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

Rapid growth and development are two essential desires of societies within the third world countries. But corruption had become the only problem to those desires among underdeveloped countries.

Global rating shows African countries especially Nigeria as one of the top most corrupt countries among others including Zimbabwe. The peculiarity of the highest in corruption index is Zimbabwe dollars by all evidence.

In an attempt to be richest among successive governments in the country, currency changes were used to amass excessive wealth. Successive governments introduced higher denominations of currencies up to trillions which caused over 300% inflation rate and complete collapse of the economy. The country has abandoned their currency due to bloated production of the currency in excess, from the onset, in order to allow excessive looting, the monetary policy allowed an excessive inflow and outflow of cash without regular of circulation.

Corruption affects development through inflation, inflation in turn is determined by the greedy forces of production, supply . Those who owns the means of production and distribution monopolizes the price control system to get richer.

So as the low and middle classes struggle to meet the needs provided by the wealthy, they get poorer while , the rich get richer through the exploitative manipulation of the price system. This is one way the development of societies are affected because, only few could be able to get properties and develop themselves.

Corruption in Nigeria and other African countries , corruption runs in a structural pattern . The political class installs people in positions to get returns. In that way , the system is dominated by a clique of allies with one ideology to protect each other's source of wealth.

Corruption in countries are in different forms.

1. Sex for job
2. Buying of job opportunities
3. Nepotism
4. Favouritism
5. Money Laundering or siphoning
6. Bribery.

Among all the fifth item is the major cause of under elopement in Nigeria and other countries. Culture and tradition places a minor role to development in only rural communities where they resist certain development to preserve lands and other historical properties.

In the time past , several ideas have suggested solutions to the problem of underdevelopment in Nigeria. In 2014, the Nigerian Government suggested Restructuring political powers and administration.

So far all the suggestions have failed and obviously, there will not be changes until, the Chinese communist system of administration is adopted.

A public or political leader must not acquire certain properties and nut not be richer than a certain net worth, with a stipulation of death penalty ( death by hanging). This will certainly stop the excessive looting and siphoning of public funds.

What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto Library

Activity: 840
Merit: 758

Find your Digital Services at- cryptolibrary.pro

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2024, 03:22:56 PM

This is not just happening in Nigeria it's a common problem in all of third-world countries. If you visit the top list of corrupted countries then you will find some common things on all them is curruption what you have already mentioned and also those are Third world countries.
And I also think that the first and main obstacle to the development of a nation and country is the corruption of that country. Mainly when it spreads among the majority of the people of that country, it can be seen that the same behavior is found among the people in those countries where corruption is at the top. Not only do they blame the government and political leaders for corruption, but those people also lag behind in helping the government.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Barikui1

Activity: 182
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 04:13:11 PM

Rapid growth and development are two essential desires of societies within the third world countries. But corruption had become the only problem to those desires among underdeveloped countries.

Global rating shows African countries especially Nigeria as one of the top most corrupt countries among others including Zimbabwe. The peculiarity of the highest in corruption index is Zimbabwe dollars by all evidence.

In an attempt to be richest among successive governments in the country, currency changes were used to amass excessive wealth. Successive governments introduced higher denominations of currencies up to trillions which caused over 300% inflation rate and complete collapse of the economy. The country has abandoned their currency due to bloated production of the currency in excess, from the onset, in order to allow excessive looting, the monetary policy allowed an excessive inflow and outflow of cash without regular of circulation.

Corruption affects development through inflation, inflation in turn is determined by the greedy forces of production, supply . Those who owns the means of production and distribution monopolizes the price control system to get richer.

So as the low and middle classes struggle to meet the needs provided by the wealthy, they get poorer while , the rich get richer through the exploitative manipulation of the price system. This is one way the development of societies are affected because, only few could be able to get properties and develop themselves.

Corruption in Nigeria and other African countries , corruption runs in a structural pattern . The political class installs people in positions to get returns. In that way , the system is dominated by a clique of allies with one ideology to protect each other's source of wealth.

1. Sex for job
3. Nepotism
4. Favouritism
6. Bribery.

Among all the fifth item is the major cause of under elopement in Nigeria and other countries. Culture and tradition places a minor role to development in only rural communities where they resist certain development to preserve lands and other historical properties.

In the time past , several ideas have suggested solutions to the problem of underdevelopment in Nigeria. In 2014, the Nigerian Government suggested Restructuring political powers and administration.

So far all the suggestions have failed and obviously, there will not be changes until, the Chinese communist system of administration is adopted.

A public or political leader must not acquire certain properties and nut not be richer than a certain net worth, with a stipulation of death penalty ( death by hanging). This will certainly stop the excessive looting and siphoning of public funds.

What do you think?
Who told you that Nigeria is the most corrupt set of people in the world? In as much as we have bad people everywhere, there are also good and reputable people in the Nigerian society.
Look at how sweet and peaceful Switzerland is, are you telling me that there is no corrupt person there? just as @crypto Library had said it's not only Nigeria, it's a worldwide desease that needs to be purge out of our system.

Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 05:31:53 PM

I must say, I like the fact that you can write and took quite some time to get this piece to a level that gives you great satisfaction but, would you mind fact chickening lost of this and drop the reference to the claims? I’m particularly interested in how my country is presented because, though I accept that there exists corrupt practices in various systems to our administration and lifestyle, I don’t feel we are worst or even way worst when compared to other parts of the would so, you might want to clear things up by fact checking and giving references.

1. Sex for job
3. Nepotism
4. Favouritism
6. Bribery.
These are norms in a society, it doesn’t make it any better but, it happens in our world everyday. Show me a nation that this is non existent and you’ll more than prove a point.

What do you think?
There are obviously means to solving several issues and I can tell you, Africa could be more than willing to adopt but, are you familiar with the term “THE WEST”.
Perhaps you need to go over what these could do to the forward of the least African country. You seem like one that would be open to researches so, I’ll leave you to go see how that term has influenced most nations in a way to hamper growth.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 05:36:20 PM

Corruption is everywhere! In some places it's hidden under the pile so it's not visible enough to the common people. But in majority of the places corruption is a common practice. So it's not easy to eliminate corruption from the society.

Probably it is a bigger problem in Nigeria and in many other African countries as well. But if you are looking for a corruption free society, you are probably day dreaming.

That's why people from such countries always look for ways to move to a developed country. Sad but that's the reality.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2024, 05:45:56 PM

I must say, I like the fact that you can write and took quite some time to get this piece to a level that gives you great satisfaction but, would you mind fact chickening lost of this and drop the reference to the claims? I’m particularly interested in how my country is presented because, though I accept that there exists corrupt practices in various systems to our administration and lifestyle, I don’t feel we are worst or even way worst when compared to other parts of the would so, you might want to clear things up by fact checking and giving references.

1. Sex for job
3. Nepotism
4. Favouritism
6. Bribery.
These are norms in a society, it doesn’t make it any better but, it happens in our world everyday. Show me a nation that this is non existent and you’ll more than prove a point.

What do you think?
There are obviously means to solving several issues and I can tell you, Africa could be more than willing to adopt but, are you familiar with the term “THE WEST”.
Perhaps you need to go over what these could do to the forward of the least African country. You seem like one that would be open to researches so, I’ll leave you to go see how that term has influenced most nations in a way to hamper growth.

every country has all these problems of corruption. Nigeria and all other parts of Africa's growth had been suppressed in many ways. Africa is a very rich country with huge deposits of resources but because it has been suppressed the corruption of leaders will also arise.

every organization we know is trying to help improve hunger but raw materials including food don't even reach these countries. it's like the supply chain stops sending in these countries which means there is certain corruption from the top that doesn't want African countries to develop.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 06:14:33 PM
Merited by stompix (5)

People saying "Corruption is everywhere" to a post about corruption in Nigeria really trivializes the point the OP is making. Yes, there is corruption in other places too but most of the developed world stands where it is today because the rich and powerful were not so easily able to trample rights and just practice unchecked corruption in those places. Someone gave the example of Switzerland. Are you out of your mind making a comparison between an impoverished, filthy, socially and politically broken and rotten country like Nigeria with Switzerland??

Really?

Its the age of right wing governments around the world and you will always hear these chauvinists egging people on to be "proud" of their heritage and culture. Tell me, What the fuck does a lot of these poor, impoverished African countries have to be proud of??? They let themselves be split in factions, tribes. Nigeria has these deep divisions due to Islamic fundamentalists, the divisions due to languages and what not.

Be proud all you want for the reason that you were born in that nation, but lets not wash over the plain fact that the leaders of these nations have been corrupt, power-hungry, incompetent fools. On top of that, the people themselves have fallen in ethics, humanity, dignity and honor. There is a reason that the "Nigerian Prince scam" became a meme to denote scamming throughout the world. The people will justify it in their own way but this reality is something that every Nigerian, every failed African national should face and ask to themselves. The people who rule you are generally only as worse as the people themselves.

These nations have let their culture and humanity rot. Lets not even go to the extreme sexual violence and the pathetic state of women in countries of Africa and impoverished Asia/ India. Frankly, Africans should really re-recognize their humanity first and then talk about bigger social things like corruption. You let Belgians fuck Congo over and really just became what Joseph Conrad described as the "Heart of Darkness".

That my friend is the unadulterated truth about the state of African nations and their history. Lets not trivialize it with "Ohh, corruption is everywhere". You have far more serious problems to consider than just corruption.

EDITED: Please don't consider this as a hate post about Africa or Nigerians. I am not against any people. I have met many cool African friends. Yet, the problems of Africa are something that has always broken my heart since I was a child reading about it being the "cradle of civilization". I understand that a lot of this impression may also be wrong considering how things have changed in the past 20 years. Yet, i have read enough of the sad histories of Uganda, Congo, Rwanda and countless others. Even South Africa has these horrifying crime figures in Johannesberg. It almost feels like Africans have become incapable of humanity. May God help them all.
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 07:08:52 PM

I like the fact that your some worth grounded with the background, cultural and political heritage of Nigeria. We don’t get to deny the fact that, we’ve got corrupt leaders in this part of the world and we as Africans do try to do things in our best interest but it continues to be surprised and influenced by the rich and powerful from the developed world still.
Leaders trying to make a change and unify Africa and Africans being labeled as dictators with a puppet leader being prepared and put in place by the west to serve interests of the west.
Where after the neocolonialism, they still fashion colonialism in terms of business and unscaled trade relations. Not like the pol don’t know better but being I’ll fated, it becomes really difficult to escape the grasps of this long claws of the west.

Little wonder why some African nations lately have been or are going through military actions.

Believe me, I found it a bit uneasy having to read this as, it doesn’t define Nigeria politics by any means. Maybe the comparison don’t get to go but, your telling me Switzerland is any less corrupt than Nigerian?

Little wonder what it’s been referred in the popular phrase a Swiss Banker…. It’s always the one place where it all gets to and it’s made to go away. Accepting corrupt and laundered money across nations of the world because it adds to its economy, does that make it any less corrupt or rotten?
Are you out of your mind making a comparison between an impoverished, filthy, socially and politically broken and rotten country like Nigeria with Switzerland??
Nigeria being impoverished, are you serious right now or you’re about what’s being posted on the internet and the various chants you hear out there. Of course the standards of living might be poor for a large part of its population but, that’s largely due to corruption I agree but, not at all defines the wealth in the nation.

And prince scam?
Naaahhhh, Nigeria didn’t start swapping of cards, drugs, pimping and more of the vices you’ve hit out there. If only Nigeria was as half secured as the rest of the developed world, crime rate would have been zeroed upon. Nigeria is much more better than y’all imagine it to be and Nigerians are good people. Don’t be fooled by the few gullible people out there and what they preach.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Funke (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 09:55:42 PM

I like the fact that your some worth grounded with the background, cultural and political heritage of Nigeria. We don’t get to deny the fact that, we’ve got corrupt leaders in this part of the world and we as Africans do try to do things in our best interest but it continues to be surprised and influenced by the rich and powerful from the developed world still.
Leaders trying to make a change and unify Africa and Africans being labeled as dictators with a puppet leader being prepared and put in place by the west to serve interests of the west.
Where after the neocolonialism, they still fashion colonialism in terms of business and unscaled trade relations. Not like the pol don’t know better but being I’ll fated, it becomes really difficult to escape the grasps of this long claws of the west.

Little wonder why some African nations lately have been or are going through military actions.

Believe me, I found it a bit uneasy having to read this as, it doesn’t define Nigeria politics by any means. Maybe the comparison don’t get to go but, your telling me Switzerland is any less corrupt than Nigerian?

Little wonder what it’s been referred in the popular phrase a Swiss Banker…. It’s always the one place where it all gets to and it’s made to go away. Accepting corrupt and laundered money across nations of the world because it adds to its economy, does that make it any less corrupt or rotten?
Are you out of your mind making a comparison between an impoverished, filthy, socially and politically broken and rotten country like Nigeria with Switzerland??
Nigeria being impoverished, are you serious right now or you’re about what’s being posted on the internet and the various chants you hear out there. Of course the standards of living might be poor for a large part of its population but, that’s largely due to corruption I agree but, not at all defines the wealth in the nation.

And prince scam?
Naaahhhh, Nigeria didn’t start swapping of cards, drugs, pimping and more of the vices you’ve hit out there. If only Nigeria was as half secured as the rest of the developed world, crime rate would have been zeroed upon. Nigeria is much more better than y’all imagine it to be and Nigerians are good people. Don’t be fooled by the few gullible people out there and what they preach.

I quite understand your perspective of the concept of the West. The West domination of the Economies of developing countries is a big problem, the west hampers with our collective development as Africans through the following ways

1. Enforced high interest loans offered to African countries through IMF and World bank, these loans are forced on African countries. During President Buharis times as head of state , he refused accepting the forced world bank loan , they forced him to devalue the Nigerian Naira.

2.  Multinational corporations and companies established in African countries in strengthen imperialism and Neo-colonialism

3. The West has discouraged the productive capacity of Africans and has made us unproductive so that , we can be economically reliant on them.

To save ourselves from the powers of the west as problem of development in African countries, we must cut them office in these areas and indigenize our productive capacity.
Asiska02

Activity: 798
Merit: 669

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2024, 10:02:47 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3)

~

All this long epistle about your country and keep saying your country is the worse in terms of corruption because of how you keep reiterating the matter and bringing some prove to back up your claim. You can’t just come to a conclusion without going for a full research about other countries on how they operate and how they deal with corruption. If corruption is part of the problems in the country, I think there are other pressing issues that needs to be addressed before delving into corruption. I don’t like it and I don’t like to be associated with it, Nigeria is not the most corrupt country in the world nor is it in Africa, don’t say too much if you don’t know much.

]1. Sex for job
3. Nepotism
4. Favouritism
6. Bribery.

~
What do you think?

“Nigeria is not the most corrupt country in the world or in Africa” and if you continue having that mindset you’ll never appreciate even when a good that deserves merits is done for you or the country. All the listed causes of corruption in the country listed above are all prevalent everywhere and it just differs the country at that time and how they handle or control their cases. Culture and Religion hasn’t caused more effect to Nigerians because of the believe of a togetherness and living together as one in peace and harmony. If that is not achieved for a country, the case of corruption is still a secondary factor to be considered in such country. Despite all the problems faced in the country, it is still a place I will like to stay and live forever as my permanent residency.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
letteredhub

Activity: 504
Merit: 198

If bitcoin be for me...

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 10:27:48 PM
Merited by Dr.Bitcoin_Strange (1)

People saying "Corruption is everywhere" to a post about corruption in Nigeria really trivializes the point the OP is making. Yes, there is corruption in other places too but most of the developed world stands where it is today because the rich and powerful were not so easily able to trample rights and just practice unchecked corruption in those places. Someone gave the example of Switzerland. Are you out of your mind making a comparison between an impoverished, filthy, socially and politically broken and rotten country like Nigeria with Switzerland??
Really?
You don't just call or address another's country in such manner of  language only people from the cave should be doing while a supposed enlightened being I assume you to be rebuke the charade of incivility. Read history , the oil wells and natural resources of the African nation's have been the very source  of the WEST and European nations so-called development you pride yourself with Feel free to do your own unbiased research and not what you have been enlightened with by your censored media concerning African nation's.

Africa and Nigeria especially isn't poor nor filthy it's a rich nation filled with any natural resources in the world you can think of, what Africa and Nigeria in particular lacks is good and selfless leaders in political and economic positions that out of their greed have sold their Father land to the pillaging and siphoning of her wealthy resources by the so-called First world.

Can you please mention five natural resources that Switzerland has and it's lacking in Nigeria apart from good political leadership and I'll mention a full hand of natural resources found in Nigeria alone that the whole of the European countries are lack as a natural resource.

Can you unequivocally say there's no corruption in your country that the system is perfect ?

Let be objective in how we share our thoughts and not being derogative as no nation is an autarchy of itself.
Stepstowealth

Activity: 462
Merit: 145

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 10:42:41 PM

1. Sex for job
3. Nepotism
4. Favouritism
6. Bribery.
Corruption is the common problem in many countries but you'll be surprised that it has not hindered their own growth and development as much as it has hindered the growth and development of many African countries like Nigeria that is suffering from it. The leaders of some African countries do not know when to be corrupt, they are corrupt always and concerning everything even the one that will benefit their families. The leaders from other countries in other continents where things are still going on fine are corrupt too, but selectively. They know how to be corrupt and also know that it should not be with everything, so it has not slowed down their economy.

You should not speak so bad, using many descriptions too for a country you have never visited. Nigeria even with the corruption is a common problem not peculiar to us alone is still a very enjoyable place to stay. We are a blessed country.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T               CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO               [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     WHITEPAPER     //          R L B          //     RLB LOTTERY     //
███████ ███████      |       Twitter       |        ►   S P O R T S B O O K   |   [ N E W ]  C L A N S   ◄        |      Discord      |      ███████ ███████
Funke (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2024, 11:40:28 PM

Really?

Its the age of right wing governments around the world and you will always hear these chauvinists egging people on to be "proud" of their heritage and culture. Tell me, What the fuck does a lot of these poor, impoverished African countries have to be proud of??? They let themselves be split in factions, tribes. Nigeria has these deep divisions due to Islamic fundamentalists, the divisions due to languages and what not.

Be proud all you want for the reason that you were born in that nation, but lets not wash over the plain fact that the leaders of these nations have been corrupt, power-hungry, incompetent fools. On top of that, the people themselves have fallen in ethics, humanity, dignity and honor. There is a reason that the "Nigerian Prince scam" became a meme to denote scamming throughout the world. The people will justify it in their own way but this reality is something that every Nigerian, every failed African national should face and ask to themselves. The people who rule you are generally only as worse as the people themselves.

These nations have let their culture and humanity rot. Lets not even go to the extreme sexual violence and the pathetic state of women in countries of Africa and impoverished Asia/ India. Frankly, Africans should really re-recognize their humanity first and then talk about bigger social things like corruption. You let Belgians fuck Congo over and really just became what Joseph Conrad described as the "Heart of Darkness".

That my friend is the unadulterated truth about the state of African nations and their history. Lets not trivialize it with "Ohh, corruption is everywhere". You have far more serious problems to consider than just corruption.

EDITED: Please don't consider this as a hate post about Africa or Nigerians. I am not against any people. I have met many cool African friends. Yet, the problems of Africa are something that has always broken my heart since I was a child reading about it being the "cradle of civilization". I understand that a lot of this impression may also be wrong considering how things have changed in the past 20 years. Yet, i have read enough of the sad histories of Uganda, Congo, Rwanda and countless others. Even South Africa has these horrifying crime figures in Johannesberg. It almost feels like Africans have become incapable of humanity. May God help them all.

My brother it is annoying seeing our youths making comparisons to justify a corrupt system because they are afraid to say the truth.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1857

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
January 06, 2024, 01:20:51 AM

It's also my impression; it seems corruption in Africa is extreme and rampant. And it is holding back African countries from reaching even halfway their potentials. It has been like that for many decades. There must be a much deeper problem causing that. Is it partly cultural? Is it because the continent and the African people have been subjugated for centuries?

Corruption is also a very big problem in my country, but I see this problem as a mere symptom. I cannot speak with authority on the African situation, but I'm convinced that my country's corruption problem has something to do with many factors which at its roots include lack of values.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
January 06, 2024, 12:48:56 PM
Merited by stompix (2)

A few posters above confirm what i was saying in my post.

People make comparisons egged on by their stupid media and stupid politicians. They tell them that the problem is not their own leadership or thought standards but the WEST is the problem..."Yayyyy...Death to Gamora".

My whole post was not about hurting the sentiments. I clarified that much towards the end.

Yet, people don't read their own history. African nations have nobody else but their own divisions of ethnicity, tribes, languages and religions to blame when it comes to their historical exploitation. One warlord fighting against the other while the west is able to make them kill each other, supply weapons, get cheap resources and profit from both sides.

No major revolution came out of any of these African countries except in South Africa. All they did was get their own heroes killed and crucified when they tried. My whole point was, stop blaming the west and find your unity irrespective of the divisions. Maybe then you can boast about Nigeria having resources. Stop making excuses that the countries have gone to shit.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
January 06, 2024, 03:39:22 PM

This is not new.

Corruption is the number one goal of every government, I believe. People who has great power nowadays are always after money, they don't care how they would get it, they just get it no matter what. Corrupt government are everywhere around the globe, they are the type of politicians who doesn't care about their citizens, unless it is election time.

They are the ones who always use sugarcoated words to brainwashed people's mind to encourage them to vote for those kind of politicians. What a cruel world we live in.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 6272

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
January 06, 2024, 03:55:59 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2024, 04:21:02 PM by stompix

Seriously!!! Are you drunk or what? Still partying from New Years Eve?  Roll Eyes

A few posters above confirm what i was saying in my post.
People make comparisons egged on by their stupid media and stupid politicians. They tell them that the problem is not their own leadership or thought standards but the WEST is the problem..."Yayyyy...Death to Gamora".

No bruh, Nigeria is not poor because corruption, because people argue between themselves and try get as much as they can for themselves and their family knowing that everything is wrong in the country and unless you break the laws which nobody ever follows you won't make it!

In year 34 000 then the Federal Union will finally make peace in the 5th Stellar war with the Pluton Republic and everyone will agree that homo sapiens astronomicus and homo sapines martes are the same species that have the same genealogical tree branching from year 6000 when the human species has left for the first time our galaxy there will be still some guy somewhere in Africa blaming colonialism for his family not affording soemthing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkEqI3_J4xg
Everyone should watch and weep of what reality really looks like!

Read history , the oil wells and natural resources of the African nation's have been the very source  of the WEST and European nations so-called development you pride yourself with Feel free to do your own unbiased research and not what you have been enlightened with by your censored media concerning African nation's.

Read your damn history first, oil exploration in Nigeria began in 1957 you gained independence in 1960!
What have you done since then?
South Korea was a country destroyed by war, poorer than all of Europe at the time, no natural resources, a constant enemy north, and yet:
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.KN?locations=KR-NG
But yeah, easier to blame stuff that happened a century ago than actually man up and change something.

Colonialism?
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD?end=2022&locations=NG-RO-BG-KZ-MY-TH-PE&start=1983
In the '90 you had a gdp per capita on par with eastern europe, what happened?
Common, make my day, explain how colonialism is to be blamed here:

What do you think?

Unlike most of you guys I've actually lived in a communist, truly communist country!
You have no idea how this actually looks like, and corruption, corruption is a spawn of communism, if you think communism will get rid of it you're on some pretty weird drugs, it's communism that has brought insane corruption in this world, with people you can't defy, you can't held responsible taking all the power and demanding money for everything!

Communism works only till all money you have gained by looting the wealth of others and nationalizing everything lasts, then it's poverty, poverty and poverty 100 times worse than anything you can imagine!

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Hewlet

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 06, 2024, 08:00:23 PM

Corruption is just one of the numerous factors that can hinder the economic growth of a nation.

Poor decision-making on the part of the leaders is for me, the main cause of the economic situation ravaging Nigeria and let me point it out that economy challenges is not just peculiar to Nigeria, it is a global issue, and Nigeria equally has its share of it

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
topbitcoin

Activity: 1610
Merit: 689

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 06, 2024, 08:25:45 PM

Corruption..! This is a problem that is quite complicated and difficult to overcome. Even though it is an action that is very detrimental to the country and makes its people miserable, eradicating corruption in government is impossible, but if it is minimized, it can be done.

And acts of corruption can be a factor inhibiting a country's economic progress, this is true. because if a country has frequent cases of corruption due to the large number of irresponsible officials, then don't expect that the country's economy will be stable and the country's economy will progress. The country will continue to experience economic losses and setbacks. because they (government officials) who manage their country's economy are busy enriching themselves. Meanwhile, when a country wants to progress economically, it inevitably has to involve investors, but when the country has a bad image with many officials who commit corruption, then don't expect investors to enter the country. because for investors, corruption is a loss and something that is dangerous for investors.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pokapoka124

Activity: 1120
Merit: 555

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2024, 09:08:47 PM

What do you think?
No one has said anything concerning this part of OP’s post, which I think is the point of the thread. So far, all I can see is fighting over which country has more corruption. I understand that this is a sensitive topic and many may find the topic offensive, in my opinion anyone who considers himself a patriot would be offended by it.

I don’t think OP is very knowledgeable about how society and government operate. A communist government is not a system that favours the average person. Communism is a system where everything is owned and controlled by the state. I find it ironic that a bitcoiner could be pro-communism.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: