Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:05:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Racecar Project  (Read 355 times)
bitcoin_racer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:00:25 PM

Hello Bitcoin community!

I just wanted to get in touch with you guys and run one my projects through you and get any suggestions if possible.

So I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan and am set to return to the states in a few days. I've been talking with building a racecar that has it's parts/labor paid for entirely from bitcoin. I was kind of bummed out that the Dogecoin community beat me to the punch, but it's not a big deal.

Anyway, I have a 94 Miata that is currently setup for Autocross. However I intend to build it for SCCA and NASA track racing and eventually participate in some Amateur racing with it. I'll put on some bitcoin vinyls on it as well as my QR code to help bring attention to it. Get in touch with some other racers trackside and get to talking about bitcoin. However the most important aspect of this, is that all the aftermarket parts I would have purchased to keep my vehicle in racing condition would be purchased by bitcoin. Not having bitcoin and then exchanging it into Fiat to then buy parts, but giving actual shops bitcoins for their goods and services.

I've been running the idea past a couple shops local to my area in Virginia (I'm a California native) and not too many are taking it on, however I have zero distance restrictions and would gladly travel half the country to go to a shop to get work done that accepts bitcoin, or purchase items from them. Just trailering the Miata with the bitcoin vinyl will bring enough attention as it is.

I've been involved with the bitcoin community for about 18 months now (when I was living in japan is when I really got into it) and I would love nothing more than to get involved and promote it as best as I can.

Once I'm back stateside I'm buying the rest of the parts I need and I'll be making appearances at local race tracks and posting up pictures for you guys.

Anyway, like I said, if you guys have any suggestions/questions I'm all ears.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: