Bitcoin Forum
October 04, 2024, 08:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Nano 3 [unofficial thread]  (Read 6556 times)
PegasusNZ

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2024, 04:05:48 AM

A little help with the Nano 3 please.

All hooked up and connected to my Wifi

Setup my pool etc

Display keeps showing the Please Check Internet symbol, but all is good with my system and the Nano 3 appears on my network, etc.

I cannot get it to mine on any pool.

Mining Status is Fine / Green circle but Network status is 0 ms and red circle, says no active pool or workers.

I can control the miner from the GUI and a IOS app so it is clearly connected.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with Starlink. A quck fix is to run through a VPN
MeneerAart

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 06:35:23 AM

A little help with the Nano 3 please.

All hooked up and connected to my Wifi

Setup my pool etc

Display keeps showing the Please Check Internet symbol, but all is good with my system and the Nano 3 appears on my network, etc.

I cannot get it to mine on any pool.

Mining Status is Fine / Green circle but Network status is 0 ms and red circle, says no active pool or workers.

I can control the miner from the GUI and a IOS app so it is clearly connected.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with Starlink. A quck fix is to run through a VPN

How does that work? I have the same problem
Network status is on 0ms. Can access the miner through the GUI and app. Also no active pool or workers.
Omarkoman

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2024, 08:14:17 AM

My nano3 today stopped working.
Display says nonsupport adapter but im using genuine canaan supplied power supply plus tried different ones from other nano3 i have.

Any idea what to do? I tried reset but still same issue.
brontolo10

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2024, 09:46:18 AM

Hi,
  have you noticed anomalies on the ckpool statistics when using an Avalon nano3? in particular, do you see the same "bestshare" and "bestever" with the nano3 cgminer log?

B10
willi9974
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 2822

Escrow Service

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 07:34:52 PM

Hi,
  have you noticed anomalies on the ckpool statistics when using an Avalon nano3? in particular, do you see the same "bestshare" and "bestever" with the nano3 cgminer log?

B10
Take a look into the statistic page from our solo Mining group.
I see on nano3 devices different numbers

https://solorun.lima.zone/

Looks all normal from my side

Best regards,
Willi

hawer357

Activity: 154
Merit: 32

Coin, Coin, Bitcoin

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 08:40:42 PM

Display says nonsupport adapter but im using genuine canaan supplied power supply plus tried different ones from other nano3 i have.

Were you able to recover from that problem? Did you try restarting the device? There is a log menue in the lower left side in the UI. You may want to download and look into them.

Monitor willi9974's Solo Pool Miner Race @ https://solorun.lima.zone/
crychab

Activity: 15
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 27, 2024, 12:27:33 PM

Hi,
have two Nano 3
after updating one to 24071801_42c628d Firmware (latest?) it looking for me that's a litte bit unstable against the older Version
looking for Firmware 24032701_48bd3a6 for downloading
Thank you
whoismeanyway

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 04:50:45 AM

try a different power wall socket.
ya5on

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 07:39:26 PM

Please accept my litte guide with a tip:

Re. POWER ADAPTER:

I can confirm that USAMS US-CC168 (usams 140W GaN: https://e-catalog.co.uk/USAMS-US-CC168.htm) will work. It comes w/proper USB-C cable. (Remember! AN3 must have capable cable!)

Re. FIMRWARE

The firmware before  24071801_42c628d maybe didn't like mining on full power. After firmware update to 24071801_42c628d there has been no problems whith AN3 rebooting, but AN3 has thrown itself off network once or twice (my fault?)

Re. PROBLEMSOLVING:

If '0' (red)? Double check everything regarding "BTC mining adress" and "syntax' for pooladresses"

THEN: Try out this configuration for problem solving (-it works for me):
POOL 0 = stratum+tcp://public-pool.io:21496
WORKER = you_receiving_bitcoinadress.voluntary_w_miner_name_here (else: no punctuation)
PASSWORD = Choosing_a_PW_is_Voluntary
Air Speed = High

After two-three minutes check with https://web.public-pool.io/#/app/you_receiving_bitcoinadress

Re. OTHER TIPS:

I have ETHERNET connection, but I found that activating wifi for this setup procedure makes things a little easier because you don't have to log off>log on>log off>log on to different networks when setting up AN3): Use wifi for first part of setup, then fall back cable

Re. STANDARD SETUP WHEN "NOT CONNECTED"

When/If AN3 goes "offline"  press the bottom knob (not the power button!) +4 sec to turn 'On' the AN3 internal wifi setup-procedure and connect to:

"network heater_nano_3" (PW:root/root)

This brings up login screen
Choose the correct network to use + Give correct network key and
Let the AN3 does it's thing.
(You can turn off wifi now if you have cabled net..)
Last step is to connect to the same network you just instructed AN3 to use:
Look at the AN3 display for it's "communicating IP" there:
Enter that adress in browser; and "Voíla!"

! As mentioned I found that using pc's wifi in addition to cable to connect to AN3 via browser adress 192.168.168.168 is a "less messy" way than logging on/off different wifi's during setup as this can get confusiing if the AN3's first try to connect is not successfull)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2681

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 07:51:36 PM

<snip>
I have ETHERNET connection, but I found that activating wifi for this setup procedure makes things a little easier because you don't have to log off>log on>log off>log on to different networks when setting up AN3): Use wifi for first part of setup, then fall back cable

<snip>
As mentioned I found that using pc's wifi in addition to cable to connect to AN3 via browser address 192.168.168.168 is a "less messy" way than logging on/off different wifi's during setup as this can get confusing if the AN3's first try to connect is not successful)
Maybe older Nano's had a LAN port but the latest ones are WiFi only so cable connection is not possible.

There is no need to change the PC's WiFi address, just make sure that the PC or router broadcasts its SSID so it can be selected from the list that the setup program will display after logging in.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
ya5on

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 08:36:36 PM

<snip>

<snip>
As mentioned I found that using pc's wifi in addition to cable to connect to AN3 via browser address 192.168.168.168 is a "less messy" way than logging on/off different wifi's during setup as this can get confusing if the AN3's first try to connect is not successful)
Maybe older Nano's had a LAN port but the latest ones are WiFi only so cable connection is not possible.

There is no need to change the PC's WiFi address, just make sure that the PC or router broadcasts its SSID so it can be selected from the list that the setup program will display after logging in.

Sorry, maybe I explanined badly, so that you have misunderstood:

(Remeber: In AN3 setup you have to first connect to it's internal net, then -afterwards - to access setup, you have to connect to the same net as AN3)

AN3 has ONLY wifi -. yes. To set up AN3 you have to connect to it's wifi. I did not mention connecting any cable to AN3 or changing any IP , only using your wifi in additon to ethernet to avoid complications during setup (because: one has to first connect to the internal net of AN3 (called: heater_nano_home..?) then you must disconnect, then connect to "home"wifi that you defined for AN3 ; In this operation I have experienced "a little chaos" if AN3 doesn't connect . Having a pc w/cable connection AND also using it's wifi to do "the AN3 connecting" makes you able to do both at the same time one browser window first to 192.168.168.168, then new tab when AN3's connected to proper net w/ it's new ip, - see..?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 10:31:30 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2024, 04:21:02 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

I did not have to do that.
I powered on the Nano, despite my laptop WiFi subnet not being 192.168.168.xxx and set to my home router address, it saw the nano and reported it. The laptop is not connected to a cabled LAN.

Without changing anything I connected to the nano's server & then entered the nano address 192.168.168.168 into browser and after several seconds I got the Avalon login screen.

After logging in with root/root it presented the WiFi SSID selection list. I selected my home router connection SSID & saved it.

Rebooted Nano and my home router assigned it a new address within my subnet and everything works. I did not have to manually change any addresses.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Danzotron

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 04:38:41 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2024, 07:28:10 AM by Danzotron

Anyone know where you can download the latest firmwares for manual updating? Only seem to be able to do the automatic update through the Avalon remote app. Would be nice if I didn't need a phone to do firmware updates.

Omarkoman

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 08:03:33 PM

The issue still persists. I am getting nonsupport adapter error message on the screen.

I tried :
- multiple other genuine canaan power supplies that work with my other nanos
- third party power supply
- full restore - the process where you connect nano 3 to your computer and fully reload the firmware/software on the device

The suggestion from someone to try another wall socket makes no sense but i tried anyways, no change.

Also another person i know who bought nano 3 as well just started having exactly same issue.

Any other suggestions or is the unit bricked?
hawer357

Coin, Coin, Bitcoin

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 11:08:29 PM

The issue still persists. I am getting nonsupport adapter error message on the screen.

I tried :
- multiple other genuine canaan power supplies that work with my other nanos
- third party power supply
- full restore - the process where you connect nano 3 to your computer and fully reload the firmware/software on the device

The suggestion from someone to try another wall socket makes no sense but i tried anyways, no change.

Also another person i know who bought nano 3 as well just started having exactly same issue.

Any other suggestions or is the unit bricked?

I don't really understand the problem you have. I've an Avalon Nano 3 which I run with a Dell 165W USB-C power supply for month without any problems. I once had to reboot it but that's all.

You can try getting some help on Canaans Telegram channel. If you think it is the power supply, take the Dell one, and I still have a spare one which I could give away. Other than that, if you believe you tried everything, than you may have to give up.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 11:32:20 PM

You can try getting some help on Canaans Telegram channel. If you think it is the power supply, take the Dell one, and I still have a spare one which I could give away. Other than that, if you believe you tried everything, than you may have to give up.
Give up? No. Canaan should replace the miner.
Because you've tried different PSU's my guess is that the USB-C PD connection in the miner is messed up and is not reporting the PSU capability correctly.

Omarkoman

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 11:58:52 PM

I don't really understand the problem you have. I've an Avalon Nano 3 which I run with a Dell 165W USB-C power supply for month without any problems. I once had to reboot it but that's all.

did you read my post above ?

my nano 3 simply stopped mining and I am getting "Nonsupport Adapter" on the screen now :

See photo :

https://i.postimg.cc/C5dXhR3B/IMG-9271-1.jpg

I have more Nano 3s , all using genuine Canaan power supplies so I tried those and it does not work. I also tried different non Canaan power supplies and same message.

I did all the things listed above and still I get this message.

I contacted the support and they cant troubleshoot over email, I need to send the device for repairs. As I openned the miner , I lost warranty. I opened it to add heatsinks as per RedPandas recommendation which did bring down temps considerably vs stock. All my other Nanos have the same mod and are working ok. just this one stopped so I am asking on the internet to see if anyone had same issue. Support said to send it to Malaysia for repairs which comes at a fee, its simply not worth it as it would cost me lot more than a new nano to post it, get it repaired for a fee and pay for postage back.

I posted it in the Telegram group but no help.

Like I said, another person I know who bought Nano 3 as well recently JUST got the same problem after simply moving the miner from one room to another. Exactly same issue.

I hope the above explains my problem ? Doesnt look like though anyone here had this issue.

Omarkoman

View Profile
September 01, 2024, 12:25:38 AM

Because you've tried different PSU's my guess is that the USB-C PD connection in the miner is messed up and is not reporting the PSU capability correctly.

yes, I believe that is probably the issue, I might try to see if I can desolder the current USBC connector and solder a new one. Nothing to lose I guess.
hawer357

Coin, Coin, Bitcoin

View Profile
September 01, 2024, 07:09:17 PM

yes, I believe that is probably the issue, I might try to see if I can desolder the current USBC connector and solder a new one. Nothing to lose I guess.

Good luck getting help. That company is a mess with it's software. They have so many issues and they just made a single firmware which didn't fix anything other that the issue hundreds of users reported. It took me weeks to get a link to download the tools.

Try, force them, but I wouldn't expect much from Canaan.

They are reading here in the forum, there are posts from them, why don't they responding, why don't you get any useful help from Telegram?

NotFuzzyWarm is right when he says they should replace it. Try it, I hope you get a replacement.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2024, 07:27:40 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2024, 05:41:15 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

While the connector *may* be the problem, I'd 1st look at the soldering on the PD interface chip next to it because it is alive enough to at least report the status. That chip is what does the negotiating with the PSU and cable to determine their power capability. If negotiation fails the PSU defaults to 5V @ 1A (standard USB power) vs the PD3.1 ability to deliver 24-48V @ up to 5A.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: