Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:07:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Investing into crypto really safe?  (Read 885 times)
IQ.cash

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 12:04:52 PM

Crypto currency investment na risky kind of investment, because Several risk dey associated to this kind of investment, crypto currencies dey very volatile, come dey make crypto investors more vulnerable to losses,  but most persons no dey reason am , them invest in am heavily and most of them done cash out, and still most of them still loose money, crypto investment fit profit you or fit make you loose money before you close eye open, because the price fit climb or drop before you close eye open. E better to take the risk, but take the risk responsibly.
If you no sabi about crypto investment, e fit hard make you succeed because you need sabi everything about crypto investment before you fit invest. If you no reason well before you invest, your risk go dey high. You gats get specific time and strategy for your investment. If you no fit invest for the right coin at the right time, your risk go just dey high anyhow. The kind risk wey you go carry dey depend on how you don plan your investment. Investing for crypto wey go last small time dey carry big risk. So, na long-term investment you suppose dey look. To invest for crypto, you must ready to carry risk. You no fit invest for crypto without risk. So, you go need invest for crypto with risk for your mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miles2006

Activity: 238
Merit: 156

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 02:14:45 PM

All I talked about is the scams and hacks aspect of cryptocurrency, I never got the opportunity to mention the volatility of the market. Indeed one can minimize it's risk of losing in the market first by learning and studying the market, study a coin before you buy, watch the market behavior of the coin, don't be too greedy to take little profits. These tips I just mentioned doesn't apply for Bitcoin, because investment doesn't require you to become a trader. You can buy Bitcoin and keep the investment for years without worrying about the price movement, and you'll still reap your profit. But in altcoins/ shitcoins, you have to keep track of the market to sell your profit before the coin start experiencing losses.
The only problem people face holding some altcoin is because of greed, taking advantage of the market is never a bad idea rather they believe the coin will experience a great and high potential, some coins are for short term investment not long term investment, if talking about long term investment you should consider bitcoin investment first.
Talking about the scam now, I don't think people still fall for their silly games and lie except the person don't know what to do and mostly newbies face this challenges of scam and hack cause they're not enlighten about bitcoin, people like this have enough chance to learn like e.g forums like this will always enlighten newbies about investing.

Makus

Activity: 322
Merit: 221

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2024, 05:40:41 PM

The only problem people face holding some altcoin is because of greed, taking advantage of the market is never a bad idea rather they believe the coin will experience a great and high potential, some coins are for short term investment not long term investment, if talking about long term investment you should consider bitcoin investment first.
Talking about the scam now, I don't think people still fall for their silly games and lie except the person don't know what to do and mostly newbies face this challenges of scam and hack cause they're not enlighten about bitcoin, people like this have enough chance to learn like e.g forums like this will always enlighten newbies about investing.

Newbies are not the only one who fall for those scams or hacks, especially hacks. Hackers don't plan on hacking a newbie, but rather they aim higher at those who have accumulated more coins over the years. That is, they target exchanges and other businesses. Just like one of the post boss Charles Tim posted, talking about a scam in binance  exchange. Even an experienced user could fall for that scam. The scam is all about the scammer generating a Bitcoin address that look almost like your own, and keep it in a position were you can easily pick it up and use it thinking it's urs. And if you are not careful you might accidentally credit the scammer thinking it's your own address.
Miles2006

Merit: 156

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 06:35:15 PM

Newbies are not the only one who fall for those scams or hacks, especially hacks. Hackers don't plan on hacking a newbie, but rather they aim higher at those who have accumulated more coins over the years. That is, they target exchanges and other businesses. Just like one of the post boss Charles Tim posted, talking about a scam in binance  exchange. Even an experienced user could fall for that scam. The scam is all about the scammer generating a Bitcoin address that look almost like your own, and keep it in a position were you can easily pick it up and use it thinking it's urs. And if you are not careful you might accidentally credit the scammer thinking it's your own address.
That's just the fact here, newbie or not can experience this hack situation, talking about the hack no doubt that the target are meant for those who have accumulated huge amount over the years, are you trying to tell me that everyone who accumulated such bitcoin have fallen victim to this hack?, that's impossible cause they're safety measure to follow and this measure don't guarantee 100% but it's best to follow those measure. When I mean newbies I'm actually referring to investors who don't have any idea about bitcoin safety measure and I made reference of this forum, the forum can be of help just like the way you mentioned Charles Tim and the thread he created, seeing all this you'll get enlighten gradually except you're not ready to learn.
Concerning the scam, if I may ask have you ever experience such or your close friend, I believe if this method you mentioned is so smart everyone would have fallen victim, when dealing with crypto investment you need to be smart and alert cause we are actually talking about money. Nobody is above the scam and hack we hear everyday so you should not get me wrong.

Makus

Merit: 221

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2024, 07:03:25 PM

That's just the fact here, newbie or not can experience this hack situation, talking about the hack no doubt that the target are meant for those who have accumulated huge amount over the years, are you trying to tell me that everyone who accumulated such bitcoin have fallen victim to this hack?, that's impossible cause they're safety measure to follow and this measure don't guarantee 100% but it's best to follow those measure. When I mean newbies I'm actually referring to investors who don't have any idea about bitcoin safety measure and I made reference of this forum, the forum can be of help just like the way you mentioned Charles Tim and the thread he created, seeing all this you'll get enlighten gradually except you're not ready to learn.
Concerning the scam, if I may ask have you ever experience such or your close friend, I believe if this method you mentioned is so smart everyone would have fallen victim, when dealing with crypto investment you need to be smart and alert cause we are actually talking about money. Nobody is above the scam and hack we hear everyday so you should not get me wrong.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that you haven't heard any talk about being scammed those mean they have experience it, besides the scam I mentioned earlier is one binance exchange, and not everyone uses binance exchange here. We were told not to keep our coins in exchanges so we only trade but not keep to keep our assets there for long.and beside that, I believe we Nigerian are very intelligent enough to fall for some scams that even an advanced outside man can't resist falling for. Some time I wonder if those who fall for some certain scam are so dumb enough to be blinded with enticing words.
DubemIfedigbo001

Activity: 294
Merit: 232

Let love lead

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2024, 07:59:15 PM

The most important things to first know are the coins to invest on and the right time to buy. Some people will invest on a shitcoins while some people will invest at the wrong time. These are the two most costly mistakes someone that wants to invest on coins and tokens can make.

The recommended coin is bitcoin. Make further research to know some other ones. Last year has been the time we have been advising people to invest in bitcoin, but it is never too late for now.

Its very much important that people learn the difference between investing she trading. From my understanding of this thread, OP is  describing trading and not good  crypto investment. Like you rightfully mentioned above, voice of con matters a lot and not necessarily when to buy, reason being that a good con like bitcoin has longevity as its  core features and any investment in this previous con should be long term.

A lot of  people who made fortunes from bitcoin were not traders, but investors who embarked on a long term investment. Its never late to start from where you're and you'll see that  correct crypto investment yields good benefits, and is relatively save when you're investing rightly.

Promocodeudo

Activity: 392
Merit: 196

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2024, 08:53:06 PM

Crypto currency investment na risky kind of investment, because Several risk dey associated to this kind of investment, crypto currencies dey very volatile, come dey make crypto investors more vulnerable to losses,  but most persons no dey reason am , them invest in am heavily and most of them done cash out, and still most of them still loose money, crypto investment fit profit you or fit make you loose money before you close eye open, because the price fit climb or drop before you close eye open. E better to take the risk, but take the risk responsibly.

OP I don't know how long you have been in crypto business or investment, your explanation on how crypto works is not bad but I must be sincere with you the only coin I will advice anyone to invest in without fair of any kind is bitcoin, despite how volatile it is, this digital asset remains the best among all, the value of bitcoin doesn't change no matter how it depreciates in price, as far as digital market is concerned BTC is excellent, talking about loss in the market it is normal, I wont say that Bitcoin is a saint but in terms of reliability and transparency it is the best beside no investment that loss is not involved, what matter is your level of risk management.

Y3shot

Activity: 588
Merit: 166

Bitcoin👌 or nothing

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 11:22:07 PM

The most important things to first know are the coins to invest on and the right time to buy. Some people will invest on a shitcoins while some people will invest at the wrong time. These are the two most costly mistakes someone that wants to invest on coins and tokens can make.

The recommended coin is bitcoin. Make further research to know some other ones. Last year has been the time we have been advising people to invest in bitcoin, but it is never too late for now.
Since the timing of when is supposed to invest in shitcoins it will be better for one to go for a reputable coin that is safe for longtime investment.  Altcoins are very risky and most time it is very complicated for people to invest in it because it is hard for investors to tell if it will bring profit.  It is better to invest in bitcoin that is reliable of bringing profits than trying to invest in altcoins because it is cheap. It is not about buying altcoins cheap that will determine profit.
Youngkhngdiddy

Merit: 205

View Profile
January 26, 2024, 10:00:42 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2024, 01:17:32 AM by Youngkhngdiddy

Since the timing of when is supposed to invest in shitcoins it will be better for one to go for a reputable coin that is safe for longtime investment.  Altcoins are very risky and most time it is very complicated for people to invest in it because it is hard for investors to tell if it will bring profit.  It is better to invest in bitcoin that is reliable of bringing profits than trying to invest in altcoins because it is cheap. It is not about buying altcoins cheap that will determine profit.
Alt coins are highly volatile, this is why it’s in very paramount to know the coin you’re investing in, we have different types of traders, the day traders and those who invest for the long run, first you need to know the kind of trader you wanna be, and be prepared to to face whatever effects that comes with its. If you want to be a long term investor/trader be prepare to have patience, long term traders are investing for the long run. They are willing to wait to accumulate a 100% return of their investment. While short term traders ( the day to day traders) should have that self discipline to avoid liquidation.
 To achieve success in both situations you need to have knowledge in trading and crypto trading as whole, of course you can’t start what you don’t know unless you just want give up your money. Gather the necessary information you need to begin your Bitcoin journey, this forum is one way you can gain authentic information and it is will give you guidance on your journey in the cryptocurrency. Alt coin may look cheap but not all have the strong community and foundations, not many will know what happening behind the scene, but if you are in forum or in community where you get first hand information you will know the kind of project to follow and invest in. Be careful with where you keep your money, not every thing that glitter is gold.
Bright0515

Activity: 94
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 11:18:54 AM

For me I will admit it is really safe to invest in Bitcoin but most importantly you have to follow it up as to know your stance on it cause no condition is permanent.
I still believe that up to this day many people who still do this Bitcoin trading still don't know much about this stuff.

I just decided to drop this cause it's a learning place for us all where you can drop the little you got for others to see through and I believe everyone should at least know about this before investing the root and how it came about.

Follow the link I will drop and comment on what you understand[urhttps://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Marketl] source[/url].
Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 113

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 07:37:28 PM
Merited by Nwada001 (1), Agbamoni (1)

Every investment comes with it's shares of gain and loss.
In the crypto space the acronym DYOR which stand for do your own research plays am important role, is a watch word that has do with conducting thorough research and due  diligence before making any investment decision.

Many has gained profit and some loss too  in investment
You should DYOR instead of depending of completely on others advice and opinion or tips from social media influencers that are paid to creat awareness or increase publicity. It is very important to have good understanding of any investment one want to get involve in, know the features, opportunities and the risk that maybe involve in other to make best decision but this are mostly prioritize in altcoins why some are just pumb and dump there are still good project that has made investors smile.

OP I don't know how long you have been in crypto business or investment, your explanation on how crypto works is not bad but I must be sincere with you the only coin I will advice anyone to invest in without fair of any kind is bitcoin, despite how volatile it is, this digital asset remains the best among all, the value of bitcoin doesn't change no matter how it depreciates in price, as far as digital market is concerned BTC is excellent, talking about loss in the market it is normal, I wont say that Bitcoin is a saint but in terms of reliability and transparency it is the best beside no investment that loss is not involved, what matter is your level of risk management.

It is mostly advisable to invest in bitcoin which is a store of future wealth and value. Your DCA strategy of 10% or 15% weekly or monthly accumulation considering your income flow with your reserved and emergency fund kept aside to enable you not to sell your investment when there is an unforseen circumstances but to persist in your accumulation will leave you a generational wealth, wealth that will pass from one generation to another.am Really happy for knowledge that is being shared in this bitcointalk forum.

Jerrycrypto2024

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 03:20:42 PM

It's more risky not to take a risk this popular saying is truth about life once your afraid of loosing, you can not try anything good. All investment as long as life is concerned is made different kind of risk the question is will the risk be favourable, that is what you need check and that can only be through the study of people who have venture into it. Our people always say even if you don't know frog, just look at the tappole. That is to say even if your still indoubt  about Bitcoin investment you should see those  succeeding on it. others who are investing genuinely and directly to Bitcoin not on any altcoin or coin that is not real and begin to doubt.
Obim34

Merit: 225

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 06:45:28 AM

It's more risky not to take a risk this popular saying is truth about life once your afraid of loosing, you can not try anything good. All investment as long as life is concerned is made different kind of risk the question is will the risk be favourable, that is what you need check and that can only be through the study of people who have venture into it. Our people always say even if you don't know frog, just look at the tappole. That is to say even if your still indoubt  about Bitcoin investment you should see those  succeeding on it. others who are investing genuinely and directly to Bitcoin not on any altcoin or coin that is not real and begin to doubt.
Life currently is all about the risk and risk management. Owning a business aside is a risk same with investment on any cryptocurrencies, the market has many options and then we are left with the option to pick any that suits us. The amount of risk undergo determines the amount of success after investing, that is the reason people would prefer investing in Altcoins than Bitcoin knowing fully well the higher risk associated with Altcoins just because they want a bigger return of profits.

Fiasem20

Activity: 140
Merit: 19

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 09:35:09 PM

Crypto investment dey attached with some risk because e dey volatile.One thing about investing in crypto is either u loss or u profit.And also choosing the right crypto to invest on like(Bitcoin),right now bitcoin dey the bearish period after now bitcoin investors wey hodl their assets for their digital wallet dey wait for the all time high price.So like dis person wey dey invest in bitcoin get the belief say the price of bitcoin go increase in the future. And also crypto investors choose the best asset for long term investment and invest with the money wey u fit afford no be all ur life savings u go use invest so that even if u loss e no too weigh u down.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Promocodeudo

Activity: 392
Merit: 196

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2024, 10:08:52 AM

The most important thing to do an investor is to have a good knowledge of crypto in general and be very conversant with the particular coin you are investing in, no matter how risky a commodity is, your first approach determines your continues existence in such investment, you don't just wake up and see a coin, then decide to invest immediately without make thorough research about that coin, the crypto market is different from our usual goods, you have to study the potential profit attached to any coin before investing, the fact is at this point crypto market is not understand so investing in new projects without a good information about them will amount to high risk.

icebar

Activity: 14
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 10:31:17 AM

Purchasing cryptocurrency requires extensive knowledge, so proceed with caution; investing without this knowledge will put your money at serious risk. You must adopt distinct investment methods and certain investment times. Your investment will be riskier if you are unable to purchase the proper currency at the right moment. Thus, your investment method will determine how much risk you assume. There is increased danger when making short-term cryptocurrency investments. Thus, you have to make long-term investments. Furthermore, investing in cryptocurrency requires taking a risk. Investing in cryptocurrency requires accepting risks. Thus, you must make cryptocurrency investments.
Gormicsta

Activity: 168
Merit: 75

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 06:13:26 PM

E dey good to know say crypto currency investment get risk, because lots of different risks dey associated to this kind of investment, crypto currencies dey very up and down, e dey make people wey dey invest dem money for crypto, dey vulnerable to losses,  but some people no dey reason am, dem dey invest heavily, and some people don cash out, and some other people don lose money, if person wan invest money for crypto, e dey better make dem know wetin dey at stake, and manage the risk properly
Y3shot

Activity: 588
Merit: 166

Bitcoin👌 or nothing

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 06:57:12 PM

Purchasing cryptocurrency requires extensive knowledge, so proceed with caution; investing without this knowledge will put your money at serious risk. You must adopt distinct investment methods and certain investment times. Your investment will be riskier if you are unable to purchase the proper currency at the right moment. Thus, your investment method will determine how much risk you assume. There is increased danger when making short-term cryptocurrency investments. Thus, you have to make long-term investments. Furthermore, investing in cryptocurrency requires taking a risk. Investing in cryptocurrency requires accepting risks. Thus, you must make cryptocurrency investments.
The first investment one should think of before acquiring cryptocurrency is knowledge.  You can do without knowledge when dealing with cryptocurrency,  knowledge will determine if you are in the right investment or the wrong one. I think people what people needs most I crypto is knowledge,  the lack of knowledge has really made so many beginners to lose their money just because of too much desperation of making money quick from the Market.
Biggeno

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 09:28:33 PM

I like the fact that you said it all without been bias, like some people who only would say the benefit of the subject matter, but even as at that I would love to add to what you have already played on, cryptocurrency investments been risky is just like every other business that also suffer from high chance of profit and loss, but where I feel most individuals get it wrong especially most of our Nigerian brothers and sisters is that they fail to do proper market analysis before they jump into it, most of them just want quick money and they are usually filled with greed and pride.

So when they hear about a business model they just want to heavily throw all of there money into it without understanding what it is all about and at the end of the day they start complaining that it's a scam or the system doesn't actually work, i just wish people go through things before they engage on them.
teamsherry

Activity: 168
Merit: 50

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 10:13:25 PM

Bro I would not say that your not right cause in general all investment bears its risk and we only do it because of potential future gain that we can see, and its good to make informed decisions based on performance of this asset that we chose to invest in, in our case bitcoin or any other crypto currency, since its been generalised I won't use the stats of one to cover all, but I'll say that it all matters on your approach, there are many successful investors in the crypto industry and history and they all have one thing in common they were long term holders, so I'll advice you to follow long term holding if you want to make profit from crypto with little stress on your emotions about risk, cause as historical performance permits, crypto currency and assets in general gains value over time or lose value over time and there are many factors that cause this, and one of them is scarcity which bitcoin is a very good example, with only 21 million total supply, but would continue to be scarce as time goes on, so if you want to invest chose bitcoin and for sure as a long term investor you would be on the winning side

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: