Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:11:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Heads up cool bitcoin stuff auction at Scarce.City  (Read 487 times)
LitLitBit (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 50

View Profile
January 11, 2024, 02:16:25 AM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

In case you didn’t see Scarce.City is having a BAZAAR GRAILS auction that ends tomorrow. Some cool items including a Hero of Bitcoin Gameboy, Citadel21 Volume 1, 28 Days Later Opendime and a Cryptograffiti United Nodes of Bitcoin Note among other cool works of art.

Check it out if you haven’t seen it.

https://scarce.city/collections/the-bazaar-20

LitLitBit
stackinsats777

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2024, 02:49:08 AM

Shhhh  Grin
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 3044

View Profile
January 11, 2024, 11:10:51 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2024, 10:42:00 PM by ChiBitCTy

I love seeing different outlets selling these collectibles.  I mean between scare and auction houses such as Heritage and Stacks starting to market this stuff, it's taken the hobby to a whole new level.  That said when it comes to scarce, for the love of god make a better website.  The site is too difficult to navigate and just a pain to use over all.  I've placed a few bids on there and was turned off entirely by the whole experience.  Just my 2.  Thx for sharing!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Prestonx89

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 12:45:59 PM

I love seeing different outlets selling these collectibles.  I mean between scare and auction houses such as Heritage and Stacks starting to market this stuff, it's taken the hobby to a whole new level.  That said when it comes to scarce, for the love of god make a better website.  The sight is too difficult to navigate and just a pain to use over all.  I've placed a few bids on there and was turned off entirely by the whole experience.  Just my 2.  Thx for sharing!

I do agree with that, the layout and menus need a rework. I was trying to filter down to just auctions to see what items are being bid on at the time and I couldn't work out how to do that. That being said I love to see a website of this nature get as much traction it just needs a little work to make it friendly for the user.
PeakDK
Copper Member

Activity: 408
Merit: 40

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 02:40:30 PM

Hi Litlitbit Is it correctly understood that your Cryptograffiti United Nodes was won very cheaply and that you will not sell it anyway but refund the money to the buyer instead?

Spokanistan51

Activity: 1737
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 03:23:26 PM

I love seeing different outlets selling these collectibles.  I mean between scare and auction houses such as Heritage and Stacks starting to market this stuff, it's taken the hobby to a whole new level.  That said when it comes to scarce, for the love of god make a better website.  The sight is too difficult to navigate and just a pain to use over all.  I've placed a few bids on there and was turned off entirely by the whole experience.  Just my 2.  Thx for sharing!
Agree Chi, their website is horrible compared to say Stacks or even Ebay.

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 2271

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 03:35:29 PM

they also need to find a way to keep sellers from backing out of auctions when the end price is not to the satisfaction of the seller or from selling something that is not yet completed. An auction is an auction and the seller should understand that and be ready to ship at the conclusion of the auction - no exceptions.

I have had a seller back out for not liking the end price in the past and I have had a seller that was unable to ship the item due to it not even being completed 3 months after I paid.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 3334

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 05:55:05 PM

they also need to find a way to keep sellers from backing out of auctions when the end price is not to the satisfaction of the seller or from selling something that is not yet completed. An auction is an auction and the seller should understand that and be ready to ship at the conclusion of the auction - no exceptions.

I have had a seller back out for not liking the end price in the past and I have had a seller that was unable to ship the item due to it not even being completed 3 months after I paid.

Really?  That is allowed? Why not place a reserve next time ...wouldnt that be the right way to do things? I would be extremely pissed off if any of that was pulled on me.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 06:04:50 PM

Really?  That is allowed? Why not place a reserve next time ...wouldnt that be the right way to do things? I would be extremely pissed off if any of that was pulled on me.

scarce.city does "no reserve" auctions and are for 48 hours only. unless its at the btc conference and they extend it :/

Mine BTC @ kano.is
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 06:20:58 PM

scarce.city does "no reserve" auctions and are for 48 hours only. unless its at the btc conference and they extend it :/

Its probably something they SHOULD do. If people are able to pull this off, what the point of me trying to buy anything when I know deep down inside the deal can be cancelled? How about the seller placing a deposit that would not be returned if the deal falls thru.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 06:34:12 PM

Its probably something they SHOULD do. If people are able to pull this off, what the point of me trying to buy anything when I know deep down inside the deal can be cancelled? How about the seller placing a deposit that would not be returned if the deal falls thru.

those should be options - they are afraid if they allow for a reserve that some auctions may end without a bid - item not selling - then they did the work of listing etc and get zero.

however, i would say allow a reserve to be set but allow bids below the reserve - let the seller see what people are actually willing to pay.

for example an item sells for 1 btc - so a seller rushes to sell theirs hoping for the same amount, they set a reserve of 1btc but then see that with all the bids the highest is only say .65 btc - that then is more reflective of the value.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 06:38:16 PM

those should be options - they are afraid if they allow for a reserve that some auctions may end without a bid - item not selling - then they did the work of listing etc and get zero.

however, i would say allow a reserve to be set but allow bids below the reserve - let the seller see what people are actually willing to pay.

for example an item sells for 1 btc - so a seller rushes to sell theirs hoping for the same amount, they set a reserve of 1btc but then see that with all the bids the highest is only say .65 btc - that then is more reflective of the value.

Exactly my thoughts...and I do believe Ebay had that hidden reserve setting years ago when I sodl items. I can only see it protecting both the seller and the buyer from getting dissapointed as in this case.

Prestonx89

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 07:15:18 PM

I think even if you have the option to go with a reserve price sellers will often opt not to use it as they attract more people when there's no reserve. Users will bid just on the off chance and once they're sucked in the race they might go the extra mile to try and win the item that they might've not even been interested in had it been a reserve listing. Is that right? of course not but that's human psychology. That being said reserve price should be there to choose from, in my opinion.
anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1242

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 07:27:15 PM

In case you didn’t see Scarce.City is having a BAZAAR GRAILS auction that ends tomorrow. Some cool items including a Hero of Bitcoin Gameboy, Citadel21 Volume 1, 28 Days Later Opendime and a Cryptograffiti United Nodes of Bitcoin Note among other cool works of art.

Check it out if you haven’t seen it.

https://scarce.city/collections/the-bazaar-20

LitLitBit

Not honoring a winning bid is incredibly scammy by you... as Scarce does not have a reserve option (believe me i've tried) so none was stated in the auction.  They do have a start this bidding at a price you are happy to sell it at and auction from there, but greed stopped you from taking advantage of that option as you were worried it'd get no action.  The fact the the item is in Chris' possession at Scarce and he is allowing this is AWFUL and strike 2!! (Strike 1 being extending an auction at the conference because someone important didn't like the current prices at the time of the original ending)
At this point REAL auction houses will be selling crypto collectibles and the people bidding won't have to worry if Chris will make a good or poor decision on that given day.

So disappointing to see such a lack of integrity in the space!
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 515
Merit: 45

Holder of last resort

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 07:42:33 PM

Scarce should be involved with the escrow of the items on top of the funds. Scarce should have to physically have the work in their offices to host the auction that way the seller can't back out

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
anonymousminer
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 08:19:23 PM

Scarce should be involved with the escrow of the items on top of the funds. Scarce should have to physically have the work in their offices to host the auction that way the seller can't back out
They do have the item... and Chris is sending the item back to LitLitBit and refunding the winner.  The winner was told they'd get some CG stickers for the trouble....
#ScarceSucks
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 08:28:06 PM

their no reserve standing has had me not list a few items as well

what is this "start at a set price" thing? if someone wants a reserve they should uses that option at least.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
anonymousminer
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 08:33:09 PM

what is this "start at a set price" thing? if someone wants a reserve they should uses that option at least.

Just that if you won't take less than 0.05BTC for example, you have the option to set that as your starting bid.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 08:40:00 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2024, 09:32:51 AM by mprep

Just that if you won't take less than 0.05BTC for example, you have the option to set that as your starting bid.

that was not an option when I last checked - it was for someone else's items - they decided to have me auction them on the forums instead.

my two sats:

the auction was done with no reserve - perhaps it was not done as good as it could have been done by SC but that is no fault of the buyer. I am sure all buyers love it when they win an auction for less than they anticipated and I am sure all would be upset if a seller backed out.  I think it better to be concerned with the reputation one has and the effect it has long term on all their future deals. I would say ship the item - take the pymt. then blast SC for not doing as they promised. Let them be the point of failure - remove the focus from the seller/buyer and put it on them.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

Mine BTC @ kano.is
anonymousminer
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 08:56:58 PM

that was not an option when I last checked - it was for someone else's items - they decided to have me auction them on the forums instead.
You are correct, it's not an option if you want the item to be part of the "bazaar."
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: