Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which part of bitcoin is sitting or moving  (Read 45 times)
Cleanshit (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2024, 08:23:39 AM

I anticipate that I'm not the only one seeking to learn more about how bitcoin moves, especially with bitcoin ETFs on the horizon. I'm curious if anyone knows which portion of the bitcoin market shifted recently. It could also be simpler to identify the portion of bitcoins that remained static.
Not a single movement
Assume a wallet that has just recently held one bitcoin and has no incoming or outgoing transactions. Then there would undoubtedly be one bitcoin that remained in place.

Potential motion
Let's say there is a wallet with 10 bitcoin in it right now. Three [Suspicious link removed]ived in a transaction that happened earlier. I wouldn't mind if we just mentioned that the bitcoin in this wallet moved (thus 0 did not move). You could argue that there are seven bitcoin that did not move, but it would be hard to generalise when many transactions occur.
Thus, the query
How much has bitcoin moved or not moved during the last 12 months or just one day?
My current thoughts are that this should be ascertained using the blockchain's information. Anything off-chain would, of course, be ignored, but that's okay.
I discovered the quantity of bitcoin that is presently in use as well as the volume of transactions throughout a 24-hour period. However, I think that numerous transactions of the same coin (back and forth or a > b > c) would account for a sizable portion of transaction traffic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: