Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:22:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's The Weirdest Alibi Of Gamblers So They Can Continue Gambling?  (Read 798 times)
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
February 17, 2024, 03:16:01 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2024, 04:32:17 PM by qwertyup23

I find this thread really funny given the examples you provided, OP.

There was a time where I had this friend who continues to gamble despite the enormous loss that he incurred. Even if we were already advising and convincing him to stop, he kept rationalizing that he wants to gamble since THE LORD TOLD HIM TO DO SO.

We lost our minds when he said that and we definitely stopped convincing him to stop. We knew that from that moment, he was suffering from something that is beyond addiction- he was losing his mind and he started exhibiting abnormal responses to normal environmental situations.

In retrospect, I am in the position that these people who rationalize and think of ways just to continue gambling are the ones who are suffering mentally. They definitely do need professional help and guidance in order to at least mitigate the damage that gambling addiction caused them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x