Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:54:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our naija and cryptocurrency  (Read 109 times)
Biggeno (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 06:29:25 PM

No doubt the history of cryptocurrency can be trace back to many years back, (especially wen we dey talk about Bitcoin)
But the big deal nah be say watin our naija dey talk about cryptocurrency and how this thing (Bitcoin) don dey seriously evolve for naija

Mata carry am say even our C.B.N neva accept am as legal tender, so dem no really put hand for the thing (cryptocurrencies)

Now despite this, the very educated literates and financial guru for obodo-naija know the impact of this cryptocurrency thing and how e fit transform lifes basically through investing in them

I no know for others ohh, but for me I feel say if our naija put hand for cryptocurrency mata, our country go really get some sort of standard and maybe some kind things no go even affect we the citizens, that I believe..

But if I go kindly ask watin be your own take for this my small topic?

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tuclikk

Activity: 74
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2024, 11:35:40 AM

get some sort of standard and maybe some kind things no go even affect we the citizens, that I believe..

The Nigerian Government through CBN and its policies is kind of playing policies here with its contradicting laws and regulations on  Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

Introducing Bitcoin to our country is a good idea the gov't should take serious because in this crypto run we go dey get much advantage in many aspects of participation.

Op you said standard, we all hope to see so, but cryptocurrency can not eradicate poverty in the country.
Doan9269

Activity: 868
Merit: 578

View Profile
January 15, 2024, 12:33:01 PM

Mata carry am say even our C.B.N neva accept am as legal tender

CBN are not the one to approve bitcoin as a legal tender, the government will have to do that, but we are not much anticipated on that as before since the first step had been granted permission for, which is Bitcoin being recognized as a legal digital currency everyone can use.

Now despite this, the very educated literates and financial guru for obodo-naija know the impact of this cryptocurrency thing and how e fit transform lifes basically through investing in them

Not only the elites identified our that bitcoin is what they need, it's something that every person who identified something wrong with the fiat financial system wants to see happened, those that want change are indeed in need of bitcoin, this is what cryptocurrency has brought our ways, we have the freedom alternative of with bitcoin.
Fiasem20

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 08:36:36 PM

Bitcoin not been a legal tender in Naija doesn't affect the bitcoiners because bitcoiners are still trading and investing on bitcoin regardless without the involvement of the third party.When it comes to how beneficiary this currency is? I will say it's a life changer,it has transformed many youths in our country.Its just a matter of time,as time goes on bitcoin in Naija will soon be a legal tender because we are in digital generation.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Biggeno (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 10:22:39 PM

those that want change are indeed in need of bitcoin, this is what cryptocurrency has brought our ways, we have the freedom alternative of with bitcoin.

I strongly agree with this point you stated above, but one thing that saddens me is that despite the full blown opportunities that the cryptocurrency including bitcoin have brought to the society, must people are still been illiterate about it and therefore distance themselves from it.
Ever-young

Activity: 1176
Merit: 165

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2024, 12:35:06 AM

I strongly agree with this point you stated above, but one thing that saddens me is that despite the full blown opportunities that the cryptocurrency including bitcoin have brought to the society, must people are still been illiterate about it and therefore distance themselves from it.
You don’t expect everyone to be in the system all at ones it’s not possible and beside most Nigerians don’t really understand how the currency works they just think it’s all about a get rich scheme kind of thing as most of them have been told from the beginning until some of them happen to get the true values and how bitcoin works they can’t get into it and another thing again is that some people want something that will give them quick profit as soon as they invest on it which bitcoin is not design to do that and they are not ready to be patient which so the reason why most of them fall into the wrong hand of investing on shit coins and at the end of the day they get scammed of their hard earned money.

Jegileman

Activity: 336
Merit: 173

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 02:50:43 AM

Mata carry am say even our C.B.N neva accept am as legal tender, so dem no really put hand for the thing (cryptocurrencies)

Central Bank of Nigeria does not regard bitcoin as legal tender and they didn’t stop the citizens from using is also. It was only stated clear about how volatile investing in such currencies will be and have earlier stopped all banks from having anything to do with them. A breath of hope came in this new administration as they to regularise the use of it. This seems like a form of embracing the use but I still feel it is for their own benefit and not for the benefit of all.

This aspect is what most Nigerians don’t know about bitcoin and are still uninformed about the importance of it. Lack of proper information about bitcoin has also limits its adoption by the people. Also the literacy level and computer knowledge of people also play a substantial role in this regard. If correct information is been given about bitcoin to the public, I am sure more people will embrace it.

I no know for others ohh, but for me I feel say if our naija put hand for cryptocurrency mata, our country go really get some sort of standard and maybe some kind things no go even affect we the citizens, that I believe..

You can think so since you’ve already assumed that bitcoin investment can lead to a source of financial freedom for some people who have embraced it. About standard of the country; bitcoin could improve it but I don’t know to how length it can penetrate. This is a very volatile asset that can make someone have a standard life and at the same instance make you lose some money. Seeing it more a means of financial services will help more and will reduce the high hopes of the public not to expect something huge from it so as to avoid big disappointments.

Samlucky O

Activity: 280
Merit: 200

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2024, 03:48:21 AM

Whether government makes it a legal tender or not, Bitcoin is still active in Nigeria. Through binance P2P and other exchanges I don't see enough reason why we should be always emphasising on government making our currency a legal tender like El Salvador. All countries can not make Bitcoin a legal tender. For me accepting Bitcoin as a medium of exchange is ok for me. And also being able to send Bitcoin to bank and withdraw as fiat is also ok for me. So I see no reason why my concern will be on making it a legal tender. Rather what I should be thinking of right now is to invest in Bitcoin since there is no restriction in buying from binance P2P. I believe the only thing government can do that Will affect people is to restrict the buying of crypto exchange sites (CEX) and that is nearly impossible. So provided that the gate is still open to buy Bitcoin, I see no reason to bother myself.

Y3shot

Activity: 588
Merit: 164

Bitcoin👌 or nothing

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 08:16:52 AM

Bitcoin not been a legal tender in Naija doesn't affect the bitcoiners because bitcoiners are still trading and investing on bitcoin regardless without the involvement of the third party.When it comes to how beneficiary this currency is? I will say it's a life changer,it has transformed many youths in our country.Its just a matter of time,as time goes on bitcoin in Naija will soon be a legal tender because we are in digital generation.
Right from time the bitcoin has never been difficult for bitcoiners in Nigeria to have access to it despite that the government have not yet make it an alternative money. Write from the existence of bitcoin,  it has been of very good help of people in our country in different ways, I believe the country is going to the time when they will discover the usefulness of bitcoin and they will choose it as an alternative money that will really help investors and economy of the country.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 170

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 08:57:49 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2024, 09:40:11 AM by Mayor of ogba
Merited by Odohu (2), Dr.Bitcoin_Strange (1), Promocodeudo (1)

Whether government makes it a legal tender or not, Bitcoin is still active in Nigeria. Through binance P2P and other exchanges I don't see enough reason why we should be always emphasising on government making our currency a legal tender like El Salvador. All countries can not make Bitcoin a legal tender. For me accepting Bitcoin as a medium of exchange is ok for me. And also being able to send Bitcoin to bank and withdraw as fiat is also ok for me. So I see no reason why my concern will be on making it a legal tender. Rather what I should be thinking of right now is to invest in Bitcoin since there is no restriction in buying from binance P2P. I believe the only thing government can do that Will affect people is to restrict the buying of crypto exchange sites (CEX) and that is nearly impossible. So provided that the gate is still open to buy Bitcoin, I see no reason to bother myself.
There is a big reason for our government to make Bitcoin a legal tender in Nigeria. If Bitcoin is made a legal tender in Naija, it will be a big adoption for Bitcoin, and the news will trigger Bitcoin to make an upward trend. It will also allow Naija citizens to buy Bitcoin with their ATM card in a simple manner, which would limit scams since some of us cannot make use of P2P trading to buy Bitcoin. Bitcoin will be accepted and used to pay for goods in shops that will accept Bitcoin as payment, and policemen will not intimidate you if they see a Bitcoin wallet on your phone because Bitcoin has been made a legal tender in Naija.

Mate2237

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2024, 10:13:43 AM

Cryptocurrency na new invention and if we talk say cryptocurrency been dey exist yes na di true tok be dat but him never exist for people to know. And nai make di Holy Bible sef talk say nothing is new and nobody go fit do any new thing everything ended exist we only need di knowledge to explore di invention. As bitcoin come to an existence, you know as a new invention wey be shey no be government invent am sef so make governments come dey fear am to be use. So na so so ban ban we dey hear. And now dat Nigeria government e don try unbanned the use of cryptocurrency let them just make it as a legal tender so that e go sweet to use am.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀