Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:20:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does it take to start a pool?  (Read 1419 times)
jjshabadoo (OP)

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 08:02:15 PM

I'd like to eventually start one in the future and figure I should start learning as much as I can. I already have a fairly robust server that I own for business purposes and it is WAY underutilized. I have a business class cable internet connection with average download speeds of 30-40 mbps and upload around 5 mbps.

What type of server specs are we talking to run say a 100 GH/s pool?

Does the server need a robust internet connection?

I already have great security and storage redundancy. I also have pretty cheap power costs and would have no issues running it through my business.

I also have a very knowledgeable IT guy who I work with, so he could certainly do the software implementation.

Thanks in advance for any advice/responses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 12:02:44 AM

If you search the Software or Development Forums, you will find a complete Open Source Mining Pool setup package in there. I believe it uses the author/developer's Adsense account or something like that to generate revenue, so he'she'they can freely give it away.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 08:33:56 PM

This describes pretty much everything you need to start a pool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_niy2ZM5Jo

It's not a rick roll... make a list of everything he says it requires and that's pretty much it, along with a few bits of software here and there.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: