Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:47:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategies of Large-Scale Miners in Responding to Rising Hash Rates  (Read 114 times)
Allex Ferreira (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2024, 05:53:48 PM

Hey Bitcointalk Community,

With the hash rate of Bitcoin constantly climbing, I'm curious about how large-scale miners manage to stay profitable. What specific strategies or techniques are they using to cope with the increased competition and maintain their edge? Any insights or examples would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Easteregg69

Activity: 1457
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 16, 2024, 05:55:44 PM

Strategy is you make it like modules you can turn on and of without destroying the whole.

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2603

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 16, 2024, 06:27:50 PM

Simple - 1st find areas that can provide massive amounts of cheap power and make long-term contracts with the power companies. Then  use investors money to constantly upgrade equipment and expand their operations. Of course it is a vicious cycle as their ever increasing hash rate just makes diff go higher...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Allex Ferreira (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2024, 10:21:30 PM

Simple - 1st find areas that can provide massive amounts of cheap power and make long-term contracts with the power companies. Then  use investors money to constantly upgrade equipment and expand their operations. Of course it is a vicious cycle as their ever increasing hash rate just makes diff go higher...

So is a never ending operation?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2024, 02:36:18 AM

Yep. Pretty much.
The upcoming 1/2ing will probably shake out many marginal-profit operations but I also expect that much of their newer hardware will be resold to the survivors....

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Allex Ferreira (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2024, 03:15:03 PM

Yep. Pretty much.
The upcoming 1/2ing will probably shake out many marginal-profit operations but I also expect that much of their newer hardware will be resold to the survivors....

what is the upcoming 1/2ing?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2024, 03:30:20 PM

what is the upcoming 1/2ing?
Um you should probably checkout the Beginners & Help area...
One excellent post from there is this one with a ton of useful links.

Allex Ferreira (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2024, 07:55:02 PM

You mean Bitcoin Halving!!!

why did not say in full  Grin Grin Grin hahahah
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: