Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you own a mining rig?  (Read 415 times)
Sergeant Major

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2024, 02:42:24 PM

I've mined Bitcoin and alt coins on and off over the years, dating back to 2013, mostly using GPUs.  ASICs were always hard to make profitable between purchase and electricity costs.

I couple years ago I got into Helium (HNT) mining and acquired 11 miners.  One was destroyed when the company I worked at had an issue with me putting it on their roof, but that's another story.

Now I just have the 10 miners all cranking away at my house, making IOT coins that I convert to HNT.  They aren't all supposed to be in the same place, they are supposed to be spread out over an area, maybe a half mile or more between miners.  I don't care.  I'd have to pay rent to people to run miners at their house, and I did for over a year, and that's not profitable.  So I just don't care and let them run at my house for FREE and at minimal power cost.  More Money for Me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koraall

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2024, 07:16:23 PM

I started mining in 2022 and did it till the end of 2023. But then I decided to calculate how much I earned during this time. I found out that It wasn’t profitable at all. I spent more money on ASIC’s and electricity than I received. So, for me, it was a negative experience.
I still have all the construction that I made and am planning to sell it.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 17, 2024, 02:21:10 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I started mining in 2022 and did it till the end of 2023. But then I decided to calculate how much I earned during this time. I found out that It wasn’t profitable at all. I spent more money on ASIC’s and electricity than I received. So, for me, it was a negative experience.
I still have all the construction that I made and am planning to sell it.
You have been mining for one or 2 years and say that it is not profitable, but this can only be in a few cases:
-you had ASIC breakdowns, and you lost a lot of profit due to downtime
-your electricity is too expensive and you did not use a calculator before purchasing or bought old equipment
-you sold all the coins at once and did not expect the price to rise

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Greazzy

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 19, 2024, 01:12:22 AM

i own a small farm it is profitable if u hold the profit for long time
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2024, 11:35:48 AM

i own a small farm it is profitable if u hold the profit for long time
I would say this one has been profitable in the past. If you mine Bitcoin, then you need to pay for mining equipment and pay large electricity bills. Even 1 ASIC with a consumption of 3500 watts will give you a consumption of 2500 kilowatts per month. But with altcoins, such an experience can give a negative result.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
9TONNN
Copper Member

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 10:20:06 AM

They don't have idea that setting up mining equipment need technical skills and time.
Mining today with a good community to help you out from this forum, is not that difficult. Technical stuff gets known within a month or so and you would be mining in no time. Plus there are so many youtube miners, who demonstrate how to operate miners.

To run your mining equipment efficiently you have to keep an eye on the breakdowns and ready to fix them as soon as there is a break down.
Fixing is also not the issue in my opinion. Again the miners of this forum are knowledgeable and in most cases they will be able to help you out.

One must keep this aspect of mining in mind before starting it.
The biggest issue is whether you will hit an ROI and then cross over that.

Do you know good reliable supplier of ASIC miners in Singapore or Malaysia or Thailand? I need cross-country delivery of these ASIC miners on a monthly basis.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 11:29:03 AM

They don't have idea that setting up mining equipment need technical skills and time.
Mining today with a good community to help you out from this forum, is not that difficult. Technical stuff gets known within a month or so and you would be mining in no time. Plus there are so many youtube miners, who demonstrate how to operate miners.

To run your mining equipment efficiently you have to keep an eye on the breakdowns and ready to fix them as soon as there is a break down.
Fixing is also not the issue in my opinion. Again the miners of this forum are knowledgeable and in most cases they will be able to help you out.

One must keep this aspect of mining in mind before starting it.
The biggest issue is whether you will hit an ROI and then cross over that.

Do you know good reliable supplier of ASIC miners in Singapore or Malaysia or Thailand? I need cross-country delivery of these ASIC miners on a monthly basis.
Try starting your search from the site
https://www.asicminervalue.com/

In the section Where to buy? there is a list of verified sellers for each ASIC
https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/bitmain/antminer-ks5-pro-21th
I and this site do not guarantee you a safe purchase, but this resource usually contains links to trusted sellers.

In Russia, ASICs are sold as regular goods on large marketplaces, and you have time to check the equipment.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██