Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:34:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding privacy and security  (Read 237 times)
Amphenomenon (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 326

Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2024, 09:05:55 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2024, 01:33:11 AM by Amphenomenon

While some individuals get the actual view of privacy and security others have a misconception about it, thinking that in order to be privacy and security free is to totallt quit the internet or create a virtual hero for themselves which is somehow true but even living in the physical re (offline) world doesn`t mean you are free from being watch except you want to into seclusions.
 Can we then now say there is no need to be privacy and security cautious because of this fact? NO, we have to be highly caytious of our privacy and security especially online in order not to be victim of data breach that can lead to identity theft or any kind of scam online especially malware and phishing scam and at least have some control of how our data is being use online.

There are alot of things we do online that requires certain of our data`s, which seems like we are really in need of and we may have no alternative than use them but we have to know the risk involve in giving them these data`s, if it really worth the risk then we can opt for it or simply forget it, if it don`t. This is among the reason we have to be knowledgeble in privacy and security, here are some basic things we need to know if it worth the risk for us :

Why KYC is extremely dangerous – and useless
What happens when your identity is stolen -- real story || Avoid CEXs!
Re: Bitcointalk - About Privacy
Our Dependency on Google
Privacy and ways to protection
Why it’s important to avoid telling everyone about your crypto holdings
How to lose your Bitcoins with CTRL-C CTRL-V
Bitcoin Privacy - How easy it is for someone to find all your wallets addresses
Let's talk about Privacy
https://itsfoss.com/linux-better-than-windows/
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-its-important-careful-what-you-share-social-media

Note:
One thing you should always try to read about any platform or sites, is their terms and conditions especially when it deals with your data privacy and finance

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 4271

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2024, 07:13:46 AM
Merited by Amphenomenon (1)

Some of your links lead to third-party sources, and they may also not be entirely safe, even though we always advise against clicking on unfamiliar links.
I prefer to see links so that I can understand whether I should click or not.
Probably everyone understands that a transition can show a bunch of information to the site owner, including the IP address.
In addition, there is a lot of information on the forum collected in one BenCodie post, and everyone has the opportunity to learn about confidentiality, security, and anonymity.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5434404.msg61717956#msg61717956

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ArikeTobi

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 01:42:17 AM

While some individuals get the actual view of privacy and security others have a misconception about it,

Others don't really have the misconception about security and privacy, they ok my lack the understanding to why they needed it most, in so doing they show being less concerned about them, it's called a careless attitude.
Pi-network314159

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 01:52:26 AM

There are alot of things we do online that requires certain of our data`s, which seems like we are really in need of and we may have no alternative than use them but we have to know the risk involve in giving them these data`s, if it really worth the risk then we can opt for it or simply forget it, if it don`t. This is among the reason we have to be knowledgeble in privacy and security, here are some basic things we need to know if it worth the risk for us :

One thing I know that requires us to provide our data, is an important thing that requires registration and confirmation of an online form you fill, to prove its really you. For them to know who you really are, before engaging with you on anything. Most at times it's to our benefits but do to the disadvantages involved makes us think otherwise.

promise444c5

Activity: 266
Merit: 128

Keep Promises !

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 04:59:40 PM

There's only a way to be free of all these stay anonymous..... its not easy though but you have to try hard in staying anonymous  probably  going through  the links stated by OP could help better .
Hence, we should  all learn from the Anonymity  of Satoshi Nakamoto himself
This is a good post but I guess they are all Internet related and we cannot do without using Internet Huh You just need some  privacyy

Yamane_Keto

Activity: 462
Merit: 477

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 04:01:59 AM

Privacy is a lifestyle more than simple rules that are followed. Unless you learn how to develop yourself and search for everything new, you will not enhance your privacy, as the world is changing rapidly, so continuous learning is necessary for privacy.
part of your privacy links contain trackers, which are bad for privacy, so the first lesson in privacy requires using a good browser that you trust, otherwise it will be the first to collect data about you, and you must stay away from everything associated with Google and Cloudflare as much as possible.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Amphenomenon (OP)

Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 01:04:13 PM

Hence, we should  all learn from the Anonymity  of Satoshi Nakamoto himself
This is a good post but I guess they are all Internet related and we cannot do without using Internet Huh You just need some  privacyy
The truth is if we want to be fully anonymous as Satoshi, then we have to create a virtual hero of ourselves, since nobody really knows if Satoshi was a female, male or even   group of individuals.

part of your privacy links contain trackers, which are bad for privacy, so the first lesson in privacy requires using a good browser that you trust, otherwise it will be the first to collect data about you, and you must stay away from everything associated with Google and Cloudflare as much as possible.
Truly but when you put it this way about totally avoiding Google alot of people may just entirely give up on their privacy online since they see Google as part of their life and they can't imagine a life without it and then will not just bother themselves about any privacy protective measures online by which later they may fall victim of cyber attacks

Some of your links lead to third-party sources, and they may also not be entirely safe, even though we always advise against clicking on unfamiliar links.
Probably everyone understands that a transition can show a bunch of information to the site owner, including the IP address.
Oh sorry for my mistake, next time I will always try to make it well known, if its a third party source

In addition, there is a lot of information on the forum collected in one BenCodie post, and everyone has the opportunity to learn about confidentiality, security, and anonymity.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5434404.msg61717956#msg61717956
Thanks for this info God bless you.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Kelward

Activity: 378
Merit: 222

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 06:49:34 AM

Privacy is a lifestyle more than simple rules that are followed. Unless you learn how to develop yourself and search for everything new, you will not enhance your privacy, as the world is changing rapidly, so continuous learning is necessary for privacy.

Totally agree that if we want to attain true privacy and improve on our security consciousness then we have to make it a lifestyle, so protecting against scams and hacks will come natural to us. So we must only submit our KYC where it is most necessary and ofcourse the reputation of the app that we're doing this must be well known, like in the case of CEX, an exchange like Binance, is trustworthy and their services are very important, so you can do it to be able to use their services. Having a lifestyle of being security conscious is basically carrying out research first on any unfamiliar sites on the internet before engaging in their services and don't trusting anything said by unknown persons on social media sites, because they might be scammers. Do your due diligence first on security matters whether it's on or offline.

Cookdata

Activity: 924
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 06:03:17 PM

While some individuals get the actual view of privacy and security others have a misconception about it,

Others don't really have the misconception about security and privacy, they ok my lack the understanding to why they needed it most, in so doing they show being less concerned about them, it's called a careless attitude.

You can't speak for all, less than 3% of the world I last learned only hold Bitcoin and even with that number, few know about security but don't even know how to keep privacy to a maximum because even the way you use a wallet address in making transaction has a way of its own privacy which need to protect, don't say there is no misconception because plenty of people don't know privacy not to even mention of people that use centralized exchanges almost all their life and they don't see anything bad in using them because they are meant to enjoy until there is gas light in the end.

Some people think security is about backing up seed phrase and making sure that their private keys shouldn't be exposed but don't even know anything about wallet surveillance, they don't know how to make use of inputs and out and out to keep change to protect privacy, even the type of wallet and the nodes they connect to and this is because achieving privacy and security is something you learn every day using bitcoin. Some people like me don't even understand about privacy until I start to learn about bitcoin, learning is a continuous process.

Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 06:19:44 PM

Confidentiality is very important in every case. Not only in the case of cryptocurrency or crypto wallet but users protect privacy but in every activity and use of every thing users give the highest priority to security. If an important person visits an area, he is first concerned about security because if the security system is not good then he will never visit that area. Presidents and Prime Ministers of different countries usually follow a lot of protocols that they think will keep them safe. Just as people give the highest importance to their own security, people also give the highest importance to the security of their bank account wallet or anything else. But we give some personal password so that no one else can use our laptop or mobile phone and that is privacy and everyone is very much aware about this privacy.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 06:39:56 PM

Data is everywhere when use the internet and as a user, we unconsciously filling those things up. We thought that it's fine to give those details especially in a social media where it's like a public forum and data miners are everywhere there as well.

If you happen to post your phone number to any comment section, don't be surprised if someone will approach you to offer such things. Privacy is still not that talked much on the internet for the normal users.

But for people like us, we're all aware of how important it is to keep ourselves remain with the privacy of ourselves that we protect.

PrivacyG

Activity: 770
Merit: 1724

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 08:27:06 PM

There was a time I used to not care this much about Privacy.  One thing I remember about that period of my life is I used to have many more worries than I now have.

Had there been no attempt to completely destroy and remove our Privacy in the last decade, I think I would of had even fewer worries.  Being preventive and some what paranoid proves to be useful later on.  You realize half the population of the World has been affected by events you are not, only because you practiced caution.  I have never had my Coins stolen off Centralized Exchanges, there have been no important Accounts breached, the companies I know of which have had their data base leaked did not contain my information due to my explicit request of having my personal information removed from their data base and so on.

Ledger had the customer information leaked a while ago and all I had leaked was one of my disposable mail address.  Other customers had much more valuable information exposed to people with bad intentions.

If you are not preventive you are going to have more worries long term.  You will be scared when a big company has their information leaked because you are one of their customers with real information stored in their Servers.  You will be scared when big Exchanges like Binance drop down on the floor because you know you have value stored on their Wallets.  And so on.

I love being paranoid.  While to the outside world it seems weird and sketchy, the people who are paranoid know the reality is otherwise.  You are calmer and more protected even if you look like the odd one out.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Zanab247

Activity: 1176
Merit: 119

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 02, 2024, 12:37:00 PM

Privacy is a something you must understand very well before going into decentralized investment because it has to do with online things which it can make you stay longer in your cryptocurrency investment when you make your details safe and secure, but if you don't make them safe and secure, there is no way you can stay long in that investment.

Many people has exposed their details on some links they click on social media some years ago that make some strange things to begin to happen to their money because, they didn't observe very well before clicking that particular links that are traps of the scammers to have their way to some people privacy.

SquirrelJulietGarden

Activity: 1302
Merit: 726

View Profile
February 02, 2024, 12:53:33 PM

Privacy is a something you must understand very well before going into decentralized investment because it has to do with online things which it can make you stay longer in your cryptocurrency investment when you make your details safe and secure, but if you don't make them safe and secure, there is no way you can stay long in that investment.
Privacy exists in our life, in online and offline and it is everywhere, not only in investment or decentralized investment. Your post shows that you misunderstood about privacy.

You also confused about security and privacy that are different.

Many people has exposed their details on some links they click on social media some years ago that make some strange things to begin to happen to their money because, they didn't observe very well before clicking that particular links that are traps of the scammers to have their way to some people privacy.
It depends on what they interacted in the past and what details they leaked to phishing sites. If it is a phishing site, when they log in their account on it, I am quite sure that their money on a real platform will be drained out by scammers very quickly. They will not wait like some years to steal money from victims.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Sandra_hakeem

Activity: 756
Merit: 1031

Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2024, 09:52:43 PM

exactly what it looks like to me. I didn't click any of those links and I don't even want to.

MR preacher, how do you inform people of endangering themselves out there with some links I ain't even sure they not crap?..  even though they ain't scammy links, is that how to preserve your anonymity?
It'll actually be nice to know users in person - but just imagine being entangled on one that'd possibly wreck you?.. I seen a couple of scholarship ads on Twitter, just to end up on a site I couldn't even comprehend.

Sandra 🧑‍🦰

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Amphenomenon (OP)

Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2024, 01:40:03 AM

MR preacher, how do you inform people of endangering themselves out there with some links I ain't even sure they not crap?..  even though they ain't scammy links, is that how to preserve your anonymity?
It'll actually be nice to know users in person - but just imagine being entangled on one that'd possibly wreck you?.. I seen a couple of scholarship ads on Twitter, just to end up on a site I couldn't even comprehend.

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
I don't think, you read all through the replies of this post before writing this because you would have seen, that I apologise for not making it known to others that there are some third party sites among my list.

Anyway now its clear to everyone since I just edited the post, it's up to users now to choose if they want to be redirect to a third party site

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀