Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:04:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My thoughts on how we could reduce shit posts and also stop thread repetition  (Read 47 times)
Troytech (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 159

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 12:30:53 PM

I've been seeing a lot of persons making threads that has already existed before, and I won't really blame anyone cause I've done such before and would get correction that a thread like this has existed before. So I thought of a way that we could at least reduce it.

Every important thread from our local board should be pinned 📌 on the top of the local board, just the same way each moderator pin rules or something like that, since they are so many threads already existing we could be changing them every month at leat 3 or 5 every month so that many persons would stop repeating those same post.

Not like I Don know there is a search feature in the forum but it has been existing and people are still making same mistakes and some of this threads I'm referring to are three years old or even longer and many persons expecially newbies might not have any idea that threads like that even existed.

And this would also help our local board have some discussions that everyone can contribute in, and since it would be a discussion, many newbies can easily learn and our board would have more comments than threads, cause the amount of threads created everyday in our board is too much and most of them are repetitions of what has already existed, I think this could really help our board be more lively and filter a lot of shit threads.

Or another method to help reduce it. Is to create a rule that before Posting a thread, you must search if such has existed before.

And another reason I think people don't really like commenting  in old threads is there are scared that their good comments may not be seen or honoured, since many persons have forgotten about it and maybe merits are not been allocated there anymore.

I think our senior men could also help by creating something like a wall observer thread and we all continue to contribute to it. This would also help reduce a lot of thread. If you check discussions like technical discussion, you would find out that there are lots of comments more than threads created on a daily basis.

If what I'm saying could be looked into by our senior men then I think it could be helpful. If you have any contribution to this you can add.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Dailyscript

Activity: 182
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 12:38:42 PM

I know what you are trying to say and how you feel it will help the LB. But this matter has been discussed several times in various threads. Which means you are still committing the same offence that you are trying to eliminate.

Below are threads that have discussed the same issue and was pointed out by one of our brother, @Jegileman

My humble suggestion for the Naija local board

Troytech (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 159

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 02:17:36 PM

I know what you are trying to say and how you feel it will help the LB. But this matter has been discussed several times in various threads. Which means you are still committing the same offence that you are trying to eliminate.

Below are threads that have discussed the same issue and was pointed out by one of our brother, @Jegileman

My humble suggestion for the Naija local board
If this is the case then they should stop complaining about it cause the problem cannot be solved without any action.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Doan9269

Activity: 882
Merit: 583

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 02:39:22 PM

If we all can strictly adhere to the rules and regulations of the forum, then we may not have to worry much on how members should be considered for this, the problem we most have is that we often show negligence to some certain principles or ethice of doing things, as a newbie, you're required to start with learning about the things that are required of you to do, how to render a quality post, and other means of getting used to the forum activities, then posting is another challenge some are not knowing that here is not like other social media platforms they could just raise a discussion anyhow or make a post that doesn't carry much attention or being relevant.
Majestic-milf

Activity: 812
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 03:29:27 PM

If we all can strictly adhere to the rules and regulations of the forum, then we may not have to worry much on how members should be considered for this, the problem we most have is that we often show negligence to some certain principles or ethice of doing things, as a newbie, you're required to start with learning about the things that are required of you to do, how to render a quality post, and other means of getting used to the forum activities, then posting is another challenge some are not knowing that here is not like other social media platforms they could just raise a discussion anyhow or make a post that doesn't carry much attention or being relevant.
I folo agree to this yarn you drop and you just drop the answer to the question at hand. Most users for here especially the noobs dey more focused on creating their own thread than browsing the forum and as such dey dey guilty of post repetition and shit posts.
 Some of them feel say nah competition to make post and if you check wetin dem dey drop, not only is it repeated, in other for them to wan make look like new thing, them go come dey yarn out of point.
I no go lie, some of these posts and threads wey dey continually dey 'recycled', e dey make the board look untidy and for change to take place, we gats check out own posts too when we wan create whether person don open am before so we fit go there go add our own two cents instead of making a new one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x