Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Free Stuff - Too Good to Be True?  (Read 84 times)
Ticdeneb (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 10:44:48 AM

You've likely seen tempting ads - "Sign up, get free crypto!" Or "Share, get free crypto!" This usually sounds miraculous, I mean, this is free money for just sharing public wallet address or blasting out some information yeah? What can go wrong? Many things my friend, can go wrong.

The crypto world is full of scammers looking to trick users and it gets even worse by each passing day. Some giveaways are real, but many just steal your information or hack your wallet. You might wanna ask, oh ! what about a surprise crypto that drops into your account? Sometimes it happens, but telling real from fake drops isn't easy. The idea of making easy money makes even savvy crypto users fall for traps. Before chasing free crypto hype, research thoroughly and never share sensitive details. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. The untamed world of crypto has many bandits wanting to take advantage of the unaware. Go carefully!

Being an informed user i.e questioning hype, securing accounts, avoiding irrational excitement - is key. Crypto riches exist, but finding legitimate freebies requires wisdom and smartness, not greed and gullibility.
Stay attentive, friends!

Mind sharing with us some successful and unsuccessful airdrop/giveaway events you've joined in the past or maybe your near-scam airdrop/giveaway experience?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 11:05:06 AM

You've likely seen tempting ads - "Sign up, get free crypto!" Or "Share, get free crypto!" This usually sounds miraculous, I mean, this is free money for just sharing public wallet address or blasting out some information yeah? What can go wrong? Many things my friend, can go wrong.

Why on earth that someone or somebody will give free crypto into people that will just sign up 
or sharing their site? and also considering that they will give free crypto the problem is that do the payment
has value? or another shitcoin or scam coin?  try not to be lured by this foolishness mate because internet
is full of liar and full of stupidity so don't be one.

Ticdeneb (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 11:53:34 AM

Why on earth that someone or somebody will give free crypto into people that will just sign up 
or sharing their site? and also considering that they will give free crypto the problem is that do the payment
has value? or another shitcoin or scam coin?  try not to be lured by this foolishness mate because internet

Exactly! I mean these kind of offers feels and seems super suspicious especially when it's coming from a platform that isn't well recognised, no known details, etc.

One really need to be mindful in this space else they'll learn the hard way.

It would be super nice if people share tips on how to identify legitimate crypto events and giveaways so others can learn and not be gullible to fall for scams.
TheVeteranAngel

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 05:53:36 PM

Exactly! I mean these kind of offers feels and seems super suspicious especially when it's coming from a platform that isn't well recognised, no known details, etc.

It would be super nice if people share tips on how to identify legitimate crypto events and giveaways so others can learn and not be gullible to fall for scams.

I think it's greed that is responsible for people's vulnerability in crypto. Trying to reap where they did not sow. That doesn't mean that there are no ways people can earn crypto but it doesn't come entirely free. There are reputable CEXs like Binance, Bitget, OKX and the likes that do come up with some events where users complete some certain task to get points which can be used to redeem usdt or crypto but it's not that often. Am not more of a DEX person so i don't really know how those guys earn money or crypto from those platforms but i have heard they have ways of earning.
Ticdeneb (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 05:19:24 AM

I think it's greed that is responsible for people's vulnerability in crypto. Trying to reap where they did not sow. That doesn't mean that there are no ways people can earn crypto but it doesn't come entirely free. There are reputable CEXs like Binance, Bitget, OKX and the likes that do come up with some events where users complete some certain task to get points which can be used to redeem usdt or crypto but it's not that often. Am not more of a DEX person so i don't really know how those guys earn money or crypto from those platforms but i have heard they have ways of earning.

Have you at any point participated in a rewarding event on either of the exchanges you mentioned? I know quite well that I have seen a fake Binance event. Turned out to be some scammers trying to impersonate the exchange. How do you identify a legitimate and rewarding crypto events?
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2024, 07:18:30 AM

The crypto world is full of scammers looking to trick users and it gets even worse by each passing day. Some giveaways are real, but many just steal your information or hack your wallet. You might wanna ask, oh ! what about a surprise crypto that drops into your account? Sometimes it happens, but telling real from fake drops isn't easy. The idea of making easy money makes even savvy crypto users fall for traps. Before chasing free crypto hype, research thoroughly and never share sensitive details. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. The untamed world of crypto has many bandits wanting to take advantage of the unaware. Go carefully!

Being an informed user i.e questioning hype, securing accounts, avoiding irrational excitement - is key. Crypto riches exist, but finding legitimate freebies requires wisdom and smartness, not greed and gullibility.
Stay attentive, friends!

Mind sharing with us some successful and unsuccessful airdrop/giveaway events you've joined in the past or maybe your near-scam airdrop/giveaway experience?
Good reminder here mate , this is what community needs to here because it may sounds a warning and of course to listen with because now that halving is near to scams will be in everywhere and the potential victims will be us so warnings is a must for the bitcointalkers .thank you for this man really appreciated .

rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 01:46:02 PM

has value? or another shitcoin or scam coin?  try not to be lured by this foolishness mate because internet

Yeah and with people like us who keeps telling others about the potential scamming or victimizing
then I think everything will be on place by all means , these offers will never end as long as there is a willing
victims , so if all the people are knowledgeable about the possible scam then they will leave this kind of thing
as there are no victims to come and take their baits.

Volimack

Activity: 406
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 01:51:52 PM

Stay attentive, friends!

Your warning words are good because there are many such scam traps in the world of crypto. By being careful, the chances of getting scammed are much lower. It is not good to rush any work but if you proceed wisely it is possible to succeed. Your words of caution will be helpful to all.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TheVeteranAngel

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 05:41:40 PM

Stay attentive, friends!

Perhaps you need to check the CEXs official website to get authentic info. Launchpads and Launchpools are genuine ways of earning decent Airdrop by staking the exchange native tokens like BNB, BGB, MX e t c.. occasionally there are events like lucky wheels events that requires you to invite friends and also carry out some task to get points which can be redeemed to get either USDT or crypto but one must comply with the rules strictly to stand a chance just like the Bitget telegram App event am currently participating in

Your warning words are good because there are many such scam traps in the world of crypto. By being careful, the chances of getting scammed are much lower. It is not good to rush any work but if you proceed wisely it is possible to succeed. Your words of caution will be helpful to all.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

View Profile
February 01, 2024, 11:37:23 AM

There are lots of these kind when season of Halving and Bull market is coming because this is when the investors are vulnerable  in any forms of promises , better to not listen to those too good to be true,
we must have learn this if we are an old timer here but the problem are those newbies , they are great in this way of fooling people.

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

View Profile
February 01, 2024, 03:44:00 PM

I am not into much with it. I remember the glory days of the faucets and they're for free and I think that there are still in existence as of today.

That's a real free satoshis there but it is not a lot and most of the airdrops now are even giving a lot of money when they become successful.

But for someone who has no idea on what he's up to, he can try to spend spare time on those faucets just to feel how it works and then when you realize that it's just a waste of time, you stop.  Grin

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 01, 2024, 04:13:46 PM

There are two types of ads we can see, the legit ones and complete scams.

The one important thing that differentiates between them is the part, too good to be true. For example if the ad is legitimate they offer very little rewards let's say $10 for example but there will be always a catch to claiming the rewards but in scams, they offer something huge money as reward for little to no effort which makes it obvious scam.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀