Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About taproot address  (Read 114 times)
vneos (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 07:32:26 AM

Hi everyone.

I'm struggling with the taproot address.

In python, how to convert a hexadecimal privatekey to taproot address?

I use bech32m lib but the taproot address generated is doesn't match to the correct address.

Can anyone explain taproot address generation process? I want use a hexadecimal privatekey to generate taproot address.

Thank you.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OGsmall

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 07:54:53 AM

Hi everyone.

I'm struggling with the taproot address.

In python, how to convert a hexadecimal privatekey to taproot address?

I use bech32m lib but the taproot address generated is doesn't match to the correct address.

Can anyone explain taproot address generation process? I want use a hexadecimal privatekey to generate taproot address.

Thank you.

Well From the Little search and knowledge i think you should try to coverts your personal key to a wallet and it should be a new version 0 maybe on your phone or desktop.
This are some steps you could take just follow them!!

Step 1

Step2

Step3

This should be of help after run them

Try to check on this link to confirm it OP

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/118135/get-the-scriptpubkey-from-a-taproot-address
DifDrama

Activity: 33
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 09:30:16 AM

Hope this topic can help you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5405946.0
Cricktor

Activity: 742
Merit: 1102

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 04, 2024, 09:51:54 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2024, 10:04:47 AM by Cricktor

The cited topic is mostly about how to deal with Taproot with various software and hardware wallets. I couldn't find anything related to OP's question on how to properly derive Taproot addresses from a private key in Python.

I've no experience with this in Python, but I assume a mandatory intermediate step is to properly get the public key by elliptic curve magic from the private key and then apply some Python Taproot library magic. Can't assist here further...

Tap root is a significant upgrade with the adoption of bitcoin core version 0.21.0. It introduces several improvements, including enhanced privacy, improved smart contract flexibility and increased efficiency
Tap root address is a pay to public key hash (p2pkh) address that utilizes the new taproot script. Tap root addresses provide increased privacy by allowing multiple parties to collaborate on complex transactions without revealing the details of the transactions script. It also enables more advanced smart contract capabilities. With taproot complex smart contracts can be represented as a single public key, known as taproot key. This shows that more sophisticated transactions can be implemented simply using taproot addresses

I deliberately quoted the full post. The OP is not asking for an explanation of what Taproot is. What you posted sounds a lot like you copied or paraphrased some other source which you don't cite properly. If true, your forum account might be in trouble due to some sort of plagiarism.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████