Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:20:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoinpool (no forum of their own?)  (Read 92 times)
blurrydude (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2024, 01:46:50 PM

Well, I guess litecoinpool has no forum of their own? Awesome.
Combined with the fact that now we *have* to accept DOGE, I'm done.
I *DO NOT* want that shitcoin.
Americans make fun of Canadian money just for being different colors.
Nobody will ever use a currency with a fucking dog on it.
It's a joke, and I'm out.
If anyone at the top of litecoinpool is paying attention, not that I'm a big enough miner to matter, but this was a stupid move.
My advice, fucking convert it yourselves.
I DON'T WANT A FUCKING DOG ON MY MONEY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1786

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 05, 2024, 09:47:57 PM

Profanity!
We know you are disappointed, but It doesn't mean you should go full rage mode.

They do have a thread here, though it's not that active: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org)

This is the announcement
Upcoming Changes to the Reward System
2024-01-20 14:15 UTC

In about three weeks, we will be changing the pool's reward system to pay out merge-mined dogecoins separately. Up until now, the profitability of merged mining was integrated into the PPS ratio, and all accounting and payments were performed in litecoins. Given the evolution of the markets and the high volatility of Dogecoin's network difficulty, however, it has become increasingly difficult to maintain a stable PPS ratio, to a point where uncoupling Dogecoin from Litecoin has become all but a necessity.

We are as fully committed to PPS as we've always been, so that part is not going to change. DOGE rewards will follow the same PPS scheme as LTC. This is an important difference compared to the other major Litecoin pools, which, as far as we know, have only been offering proportional systems such as PPLNS for Dogecoin.

We want to give miners ample notice before this change, so the new system will not go into effect before February 10.

The only thing you need to do is provide a Dogecoin address for payouts, in addition to the current Litecoin one. You can do that in your Account Settings ahead of time, so that you will enjoy a smooth transition and uninterrupted payments.

We will be posting updates as more details become available. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: A few miners have asked us how this is going to affect their bottom line. In short, it won't. You will be receiving payments in two cryptocurrencies instead of just one, but the overall value will remain about the same.

UPDATE: Naturally, more settings to configure your Dogecoin payouts will become available as soon as we switch to the new system.

UPDATE: Answering another frequently asked question: yes, all relevant website pages will of course be updated and expanded to add information about Dogecoin rewards, balances, payments and market prices. This also includes the calculator and the API.

If you don't like the changes, I believe you have a choice of another mining pool which you think is favorable, no?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██