Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:56:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indeed you were heedless of this  (Read 1964 times)
senbonzakura (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 05:41:43 AM

"Indeed your were heedless of this and we have removed from you, your cover so your sight today is IRON "

What do you think the above means

1 x 0.02 BTC if you can give me good answer (if you are first)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 06:12:13 AM

"Indeed your were heedless of this and we have removed from you, your cover so your sight today is IRON "

Hadeed = Iron

http://www.in2quran.com/death.html

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=so+your+sight+today+is#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=%22so+your+sight+today+is+iron%22&pbx=1&oq=%22so+your+sight+today+is+iron%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=18540l20886l1l21416l5l5l0l0l0l0l295l1164l0.1.4l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=406e82ce9e371013&biw=1280&bih=685

You owe Google .02 BTC!
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 06:16:51 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2011, 07:08:57 AM by senbonzakura

I asked "what do you think the above means"

I want at least a sentences on what YOU think the above quote I posted means, I dont want a link on what it means.

** 1 x 0.02 BTC if you can give me good answer (if you are first) **
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 06:25:01 AM

Sounds to me like it could be a couple things:

Your sight becoming Iron could mean that it is now permanent -- iron would have been much stronger than bronze, and therefor last longer. Essentially, we are clearing your vision and setting it "in stone."

Alternatively, it could be the opposite, referencing the fact that iron rusts and degrades without something to protect it (historically probably oil). With the cover removed, your sight will fade and fall apart.

I'm not as familiar with the Quran as I could be -- haven't gotten around to it yet.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 06:25:09 AM

Roll Eyes i think ....

"Indeed your were heedless of this "  = you didn't care about this

"and we have removed from you, your cover" = we made you understand, by removing your carelessness

"so your sight today is  IRON   = so today you realize what a sick sad world you live and and your MAD  Angry <- IRON

Cheesy

senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 06:40:09 AM

ok I like Vanderbleek's answer , its not the answer I am looking for but its a good answer, also you posted before 'Phinnaeus' Gage & 'adamstgBit'

your bitcoin address please Smiley
Vanderbleek

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 06:46:44 AM

1KNUFSJ4hSp6vvtM3HtEspFusU9h8oFV81

Like I said, I'm not really up to snuff on doing "good" interpretations of the Quran (even if it's in English, you need quite a bit of knowledge to get the references).
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 06:59:12 AM

Maybe the bounty should be for a native Arabic speaker to better translate the particular passage to English...
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 07:00:39 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2011, 07:18:41 AM by senbonzakura

1KNUFSJ4hSp6vvtM3HtEspFusU9h8oFV81

Like I said, I'm not really up to snuff on doing "good" interpretations of the Quran (even if it's in English, you need quite a bit of knowledge to get the references).

ok 0.02 sent Smiley

Shall I reveal the answer or wait for the correct answer i am looking for ?

** NEW BOUNTY 0.02 BTC if you show me correct answer for the above

(hints)from the above we know :-

1. its a verse from the Quran

2. specifically why was IRON mentioned

3. arabic text لَقَدْ كُنتَ فِي غَفْلَةٍ مِّنْ هَذَا فَكَشَفْنَا عَنكَ غِطَاءكَ فَبَصَرُكَ الْيَوْمَ حَدِيدٌ the red is hadeed (iron) 50:22 Chapter Qāf

4. you can use science to explain the iron and sight
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 07:07:11 AM

Maybe the bounty should be for a native Arabic speaker to better translate the particular passage to English...

you can use the above arabic text in google translate, you really dont need arabic to understand the last part of the verse.

science is the key

senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 07:18:21 AM

bounty increased now Smiley  0.02 BTC + 1 SLV share 
deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 07:33:17 AM

I don't know Arabic grammar so I just translated the individual words for a reading "We removed the veil, today perception is iron". I would think that this means your sight is clear and sharp. Perhaps the sixth-century metaphor is to a blade or sword, sharp and piercing.

Science: Low hemoglobin can cause blurred vision? Don't think Muhammad knew this...
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 07:54:55 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2011, 08:10:17 AM by senbonzakura

I don't know Arabic grammar so I just translated the individual words for a reading "We removed the veil, today perception is iron". I would think that this means your sight is clear and sharp. Perhaps the sixth-century metaphor is to a blade or sword, sharp and piercing.

Science: Low hemoglobin can cause blurred vision? Don't think Muhammad knew this...

ok very close , but satisfactory answer.

I was looking for someone to say there is a link between the sight/vision and iron. Why did god of the quran mention "....and your vision/sight today is Iron" ?

why not ....and your vision today is copper ? or .......and your vision today is gold or calcium ?

yes , mohammed didnt know this, the Quran is from god not mohammed (as muslims believe) , so in short the explanation is that when you die and/or on day of judgement , your eye-sight will ble clear and sharp like you said, ofcourse today through science we know why God mentioned IRON along with sight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05OyzyqgjXU ( good video to explain what i was looking for )

give me your bitcoin address and USER ID for GLBSE so I can send the 0.02 and 1 SLV share congrats !  Grin
deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 08:33:56 AM

Metaphors, like word meanings, can change in their usage through time, and the Quran would be written in the language of it's day, and a modern literal translation may miss the meaning the literate contemporaries of Muhammad would find. I think iron as being used in early Arabic might be interpreted like strength or weaponry, or being "set in stone". Perhaps too much is being read into a single word when a 12 minute video has to explain it.

Other uses in the Quran:

[57.25] Certainly We sent Our apostles with clear arguments, and sent down with them the Book and the balance that men may conduct themselves with equity; and We have made the iron, wherein is great violence and advantages to men,

[17.48] See what they liken you to! So they have gone astray and cannot find the way.
[17.49] And they say: What! when we shall have become bones and decayed particles, shall we then certainly be raised up, being a new creation?
[17.50] Say: Become stones or iron.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 04:45:36 PM

I asked "what do you think the above means"

I want at least a sentences on what YOU think the above quote I posted means, I dont want a link on what it means.

** 1 x 0.02 BTC if you can give me good answer (if you are first) **

Hence my links. The links point to others sites, addressing the same question. I was pointing out that all I had to do was copy and paste the most appropriate response to satisfy your question. I opt to not do that but, instead, provide the links showing where the answer could be found, since not knowing if you already knew the answer and simply wanted others to find it, or you had a deep desire to find an answer. Therefore, I tried to cover both bases by providing the links then, jokingly, state you owe Google Bitcoin. Either way, I hope the discussion here leads to your quest offered up in the OP, albeit my provided links possibly aided with the answering.

Shalom!
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 05:10:43 PM

@Phinnaeus Gage

I already knew the answer, I just wanted to see who would guess correctly and find the connection/link between eye-sight/vision and iron. After you went offline Vanderbleek posted a good answer. Thanks for your explanation and shalom.

@deepceleron

yes other verses mention iron, but the verse I posted mentions eye-sight/vision and iron.

I just wanted to see if someone would say "iron is good for eye-sight" thats all.

vanderbleek was close in is explanation, adamstgBit was far away , if you said your vision or eye sight would be clear/sharp DUE TO IRON, that would have been a correct answer for me.

please post your bitcoin address and user id for glbse (if u have one) to get bounty

@Phinnaeus Gage , Vanderbleek , adamstgBit

what do you think of the video ?

Vanderbleek

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 06:23:13 PM

Honestly it was pretty cool. I was aware of the role Fe plays in the transfer of oxygen, but hadn't read anything about it's relation to eyesight. I might have to do a little more reading about it.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 07:07:57 PM

@Phinnaeus Gage

I already knew the answer, I just wanted to see who would guess correctly and find the connection/link between eye-sight/vision and iron. After you went offline Vanderbleek posted a good answer. Thanks for your explanation and shalom.

@deepceleron

yes other verses mention iron, but the verse I posted mentions eye-sight/vision and iron.

I just wanted to see if someone would say "iron is good for eye-sight" thats all.

vanderbleek was close in is explanation, adamstgBit was far away , if you said your vision or eye sight would be clear/sharp DUE TO IRON, that would have been a correct answer for me.

please post your bitcoin address and user id for glbse (if u have one) to get bounty

@Phinnaeus Gage , Vanderbleek , adamstgBit

what do you think of the video ?

WOW! I didn't expect to win. I was trying to help. But, I'll take it. I'll take it and donate it to Bitcoin100 in your name. I knew you would like that idea. Please let me know when it's sent. The address is  1BTC1oo1J3MEt5SFj74ZBcF2Mk97Aah4ac

Thank you kindly, senbonzakura.

~Bruno~
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 08:26:51 PM

I passed this one along to SAB. Quran science is incredible.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
senbonzakura (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 08:32:03 PM

I think you got it wrong Phinnaeus Gage

the winner is deepceleron Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: