Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:40:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Lealana Coins BTC ICG Set Silver  (Read 743 times)
inelasticsupply (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 125
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 04:04:21 PM

Will the ltc set be auctioned?

No
elmejorrematador

Activity: 107
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 01, 2024, 11:02:22 PM

I have a question for you guys. I have a couple Lealanas that got not a great grading by PCGS like 5 or 6 years ago. Like MS68, I was thinking to pop em out of the case and just send them again to get graded, I was thinking to go with ICG because they historically for coins seem to grade higher than PCGS?

what do you guys think? Or is there criteria they follow that almost certainly if it was MS68, then its going to be MS68 again?

What agency did you use originally, ANACS yellow slabs? 

ANACS yellows carry a collector premium.

Regrade to PCGS would be my personal preference for a regrade.

The original grading was done with PCGS, i'm just afraid if I send back to them it they would  regrade it and it would still be MS68, hahhaa. I had just heard in the past tthat ICG was possibly more liberal with their higher grades is why I was asking.
2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 01, 2024, 11:18:33 PM

I have a question for you guys. I have a couple Lealanas that got not a great grading by PCGS like 5 or 6 years ago. Like MS68, I was thinking to pop em out of the case and just send them again to get graded, I was thinking to go with ICG because they historically for coins seem to grade higher than PCGS?

what do you guys think? Or is there criteria they follow that almost certainly if it was MS68, then its going to be MS68 again?

What agency did you use originally, ANACS yellow slabs?  

ANACS yellows carry a collector premium.

Regrade to PCGS would be my personal preference for a regrade.

The original grading was done with PCGS, i'm just afraid if I send back to them it they would  regrade it and it would still be MS68, hahhaa. I had just heard in the past tthat ICG was possibly more liberal with their higher grades is why I was asking.

What is your motivation?  Is it just to have a higher grade, do you prefer ICG, or are you trying to ensure higher premium?  If it's to ensure higher premium, you're probably best to leave as in, in its current PCGS holder.  Besides PCGS could probably check the firstbits and tell it was previously graded by them by cross referencing the pedigree.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: