Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin save the world?  (Read 1902 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 05:54:30 AM

Can bitcoin save the world?

go look at the video  

http://youtu.be/Ey5SpUJs3Cs

if you feel up to it post a comment saying why/how bitcoin could change the world

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheHeroMember

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 11:51:30 AM

Computers for everyone. How will 3rd world countries get,earn,mine for bitcoins if they don't have computers?

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
SLVR4ME

Activity: 120

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 03:28:50 AM

Computers for everyone. How will 3rd world countries get,earn,mine for bitcoins if they don't have computers?
How do people in 3rd world countries mines gold,oil, or other resources? The poor of any country will be left behind in the digital age much like they have been left behind currently. Near the end of the Roman empire, the top 1% owned over 16% of all the wealth, today in America the top 1% own over 40%.....
TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 02:02:18 PM

How do people in 3rd world countries mines gold,oil, or other resources? The poor of any country will be left behind in the digital age much like they have been left behind currently. Near the end of the Roman empire, the top 1% owned over 16% of all the wealth, today in America the top 1% own over 40%.....

Are this stats realistic? Really?

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
natman3400

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

firstbits: 1nathana

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 02:19:53 PM

I'm almost hesitant to doubt them.
The only one of those I know is true is that if you have spare money in the bank, you are among the worlds top 8% in wealth.
Me goggling while writing my post: Its actually 38 some percent of the wealth belong to the top 1%, so some projections might place it over 40.
Honestly, I think bitcoin might be the enabler that allows the lower classes to jump that gap.
As it stands, you need alot of money to get involved in high finance.
With bitcoin, you have just as much control over those bits as he does. You are free to put every single one where ever you want.

Support the BitClip project:
http://bit.ly/vghQFK
Donate to bitclip: 1BCincd4sHM1ou5QcxZ4vc4hKzsxXCpQT
Dontate to me: 1NathanAubdutd4kW4VwfcEXEWvgkqEq7V
PGP key 1: http://goo.gl/TUIWe
PGP key 2: http://goo.gl/jrfaI
Proof both keys belong to me: http://goo.gl/dQSHl
SLVR4ME

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 04:26:44 PM

I'm almost hesitant to doubt them.
The only one of those I know is true is that if you have spare money in the bank, you are among the worlds top 8% in wealth.
Me goggling while writing my post: Its actually 38 some percent of the wealth belong to the top 1%, so some projections might place it over 40.
Honestly, I think bitcoin might be the enabler that allows the lower classes to jump that gap.

This is EXACTLY why bitcoin has and will meet heavy resistance in the future. Those in control of wealth dont want to start from scratch again...
With bitcoin, you have just as much control over those bits as he does. You are free to put every single one where ever you want.
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 04:58:23 PM

This is EXACTLY why bitcoin has and will meet heavy resistance in the future. Those in control of wealth dont want to start from scratch again...

Bitcoin won't force them to start again; there are already (and will continue to be) ways to move your existing wealth into bitcoins.  However, bitcoins do level the playing field.  Corrupt third world governments will find it much harder to steal bitcoins from their citizens.  They will find it very hard to even know if they have any wealth.  The ability to earn, store and move wealth around would make a huge difference to the world's poorest.

I hear that mobile phone credits are used as a kind of pseudo-currency already in parts of Africa.  No one on this forum will need the danger of that explaining to them; but it's obvious that the people doing that are only one step away from bitcoins already.  Bitcoins facilitate trade, and trade is what will pull third world nations out of their poverty hole.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
SLVR4ME

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 08:38:27 PM

Bitcoin won't force them to start again; there are already (and will continue to be) ways to move your existing wealth into bitcoins.  However, bitcoins do level the playing field.  Corrupt third world governments will find it much harder to steal bitcoins from their citizens.  They will find it very hard to even know if they have any wealth.  The ability to earn, store and move wealth around would make a huge difference to the world's poorest.

I hear that mobile phone credits are used as a kind of pseudo-currency already in parts of Africa.  No one on this forum will need the danger of that explaining to them; but it's obvious that the people doing that are only one step away from bitcoins already.  Bitcoins facilitate trade, and trade is what will pull third world nations out of their poverty hole.

Pretty sure we are saying the same thing worded differently...Its estimated that around 2015 most transactions will be done via mobile phone. Bills being paid, petro and other resources purchased, mortage being paid, shopping etc.

It simply makes sense that bitcoin or something of the sort would be the means goods and services get moved from place to place in the future. Fiat currency is doomed and anyone who is awake knows it.

Im just honestly glad im here now, reading these forums with you guys. 
TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 04:53:41 AM

"Corrupt third world governments will find it much harder to steal bitcoins from their citizens." They'll find a way to steal it from their citizens, it still could be hacked.

altuin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 08:53:03 AM

I think Bitcoin is just a way to lose money while having fun.
TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2011, 02:30:09 PM

Cool.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 03:34:34 PM

You should trade more often.  Increase your volume that is how you get ahead.
TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 02:50:51 AM

More Cooler.

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 09:29:06 PM

The world needs saving??  Shocked
TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 04:48:28 AM

The world needs saving??  Shocked

Save from???

TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 05:46:44 PM

Terrorism i guess.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:37:41 PM

Yes those stats are real. That's why I laugh at clowns who come here, and complain about the rich paying to much...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 01:51:52 AM

Holy shit! I didn't know Bob Stupak died. http://www.lvrj.com/news/las-vegas-icon-bob-stupak-defied-the-odds-61743247.html Just discovered that fact while researching my source for the following:

Introducing Polish Roulette! We lose money on every spin. But we hope to make it up in volume. No zeros.”
altuin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:23:44 PM

In the end even the highest volume trader will have issues with scamming and such...
TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 02:45:13 AM

Bitcoin can heal the Business world.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: