Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:30:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox online fee calculator  (Read 3123 times)
jaminunit (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 14

Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 06:20:11 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 10:17:19 AM by jaminunit

Hi Everyone,

I want to learn how to trade but my math skills are really crap,

I would love if someone wrote a little website or google spreadsheet where you could enter how many bitcoins your selling and how much for, then the calculator tells you what price you would have to sell the bitcoins to cover the round trip in fees.

and the same for the other way around.

I would pay 3 BTC for this. Smiley

I've been a Bitcoiner since 2010, and currently working on TheStandard.io, a next-generation stablecoin, and lending protocol.
The Standard Protocol Announcement thread
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 06:45:52 AM

The fees are 0.6%.  The round trip fees are 1.2036%.  Take the amount you're selling and multiply by 1.012036.  It's the same whether you're starting from BTC or USD.  No spreadsheet required.  Smiley

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
jaminunit (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 14

Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 07:36:05 AM

The fees are 0.6%.  The round trip fees are 1.2036%.  Take the amount you're selling and multiply by 1.012036.  It's the same whether you're starting from BTC or USD.  No spreadsheet required.  Smiley

great thanks Smiley

I've been a Bitcoiner since 2010, and currently working on TheStandard.io, a next-generation stablecoin, and lending protocol.
The Standard Protocol Announcement thread
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 09:27:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

I want to learn how to trade but my math skills are really crap,

I would love if someone wrote a little website or google spreadsheet where you could enter how many bitcoins your selling and how much for, then the calculator tells you what price you would have to sell the bitcoins to cover the round trip in fees.

and the same for the other way around.

I would pay 3 BTC for this. Smiley
Here you go:  http://usingbitcoin.com/mtgox-fee-calculator.html

That is an approximation, and the details matter if you're going to do high-volume trading.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 10:12:49 AM

Sorry, I left out that you don't pay compounded fees in the second sale.  The correct number is 1.1964%.  This will come out exact IFF you buy and sell at the same price (IE, you're not losing the spread) and your fees are 0.6% (no volume discount).

btc_artist's page shows how it works much more clearly, though.  Smiley

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 10:06:51 PM

Hi jaminunit.... just curious if my page met your requirements?

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: