Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:47:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Doge strikes again!  (Read 2137 times)
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

Unfortunately all these efforts don't seem to have much of a discernible impact on dogecoin values. The first one or two events made an impact but now they don't seem to matter, even the Sochi Olympics sponsorships they did failed to stop the coin from continuing to plummet in value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lemier

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:52:06 PM

Unfortunately all these efforts don't seem to have much of a discernible impact on dogecoin values. The first one or two events made an impact but now they don't seem to matter, even the Sochi Olympics sponsorships they did failed to stop the coin from continuing to plummet in value.

Man with a "doge" in his nickname questions doges power - much wow.
Kiki112 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:52:48 PM

of course, bitcoin went half the value dragging other cryptos along Cheesy

dogechode

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:01:27 PM

LOL I don't know why everyone keeps making such a big deal of that. The day I signed up, I was mining doge. I just made a random not-that-serious nickname and now everyone acts like I think I'm some integral part of the doge community - I'm not. And I don't blindly support coins I have mined or bought like 90% of other people on here do. If it is doing shitty, I say so, whether I am still holding or not.

I am still holding some doge but I am not optimistic about it's value. It has done crappy for months. That is a fact.
lemier

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:02:39 PM

LOL I don't know why everyone keeps making such a big deal of that. The day I signed up, I was mining doge. I just made a random not-that-serious nickname and now everyone acts like I think I'm some integral part of the doge community - I'm not. And I don't blindly support coins I have mined or bought like 90% of other people on here do. If it is doing shitty, I say so, whether I am still holding or not.

I am still holding some doge but I am not optimistic about it's value. It has done crappy for months. That is a fact.

Then register a new account! Stop confusing people! Grin Grin
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:04:16 PM

so has bitcoin but it will grow

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:10:22 PM

And Dogecoin has a much bigger growth potential than Bitcoin. Many of those who buy doge do it simply for fun and not at an investment, so they'll buy at any price. Plus, there'll be "The Halvening" of the block reward in a few week. And all the publicity from the Dogecar on Nascar. The moon is near.
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:58:19 PM

And Dogecoin has a much bigger growth potential than Bitcoin. Many of those who buy doge do it simply for fun and not at an investment, so they'll buy at any price. Plus, there'll be "The Halvening" of the block reward in a few week. And all the publicity from the Dogecar on Nascar. The moon is near.

yeah, and the Dogecon is coming up Cheesy

April 25th Smiley

http://www.followthecoin.com/announcing-dogecon-sf-the-first-ever-dogecoin-conference/

dogechode

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:46:35 PM

Then register a new account! Stop confusing people! Grin Grin

Hahahaha and go back to newbie hell where every time you try to post it says "you have to wait 180 seconds to post" even though it's actually been like ten minutes since you last posted? Nooooo way.

Every time they say "block reward halving coming up!" it has ZERO impact on price. Every time they say "XYZ new publicity stunt is coming!" it also has ZERO impact on price.

Look like I said I am a doge holder but I am trying to be realistic here and blind faith doesn't serve you well in crypto. The biggest problem doge has is just TOO MANY DAMNED COINS! There is way too much out there already and more being mined every day. It makes it very hard for the price to fight all the downward sell pressure and this coin will never be "rare."
lynn_402

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

Every time they say "block reward halving coming up!" it has ZERO impact on price. Every time they say "XYZ new publicity stunt is coming!" it also has ZERO impact on price.

Look like I said I am a doge holder but I am trying to be realistic here and blind faith doesn't serve you well in crypto. The biggest problem doge has is just TOO MANY DAMNED COINS! There is way too much out there already and more being mined every day. It makes it very hard for the price to fight all the downward sell pressure and this coin will never be "rare."

The block reward halving solves the problem you mentionned about there being "too many damned coin" Wink
When this will happen, Doge won't be the most profitable coin to mine anymore, so all the instant-dump multipools will switch to another coin. The miners who will remain with Doge are more likely to hold, so less selling pressure.
And keep in mind that about 60% of the world's doges have already been mined (other than the quite small inflation that will happen after; eternal block reward of 10000 vs. 250000 now), and block halvings are happening relatively frequently, so it will indeed be a "rare" coin in a few months.

And publicity does have an impact on price. It attracts new buyers, who are intriged by how ridiculously awesome it is that there's a Nascar car with a doge on it Wink Also, this makes investors have more confidence in Doge; it shows that it has an active community who's willing to support it to great lenght.
yntro

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:18:49 PM

how much is 100% ? in USA dollars

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lynn_402

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:21:01 PM

how much is 100% ? in USA dollars

100% of what?
dogechode

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:27:30 PM

The block reward halving solves the problem you mentionned about there being "too many damned coin" Wink
When this will happen, Doge won't be the most profitable coin to mine anymore, so all the instant-dump multipools will switch to another coin. The miners who will remain with Doge are more likely to hold, so less selling pressure.
And keep in mind that about 60% of the world's doges have already been mined (other than the quite small inflation that will happen after; eternal block reward of 10000 vs. 250000 now), and block halvings are happening relatively frequently, so it will indeed be a "rare" coin in a few months.

And publicity does have an impact on price. It attracts new buyers, who are intriged by how ridiculously awesome it is that there's a Nascar car with a doge on it Wink Also, this makes investors have more confidence in Doge; it shows that it has an active community who's willing to support it to great lenght.

No, you don't get it. There are ALREADY too many coins. Slowing the flow of them doesn't do anything about that problem.

As for the publicity... yeah I doubt too many people at a nascar race are going to give 3 shits about "doge." Besides, my point is that if you set aside opinions and look at the facts, the price hasn't increased when each of these big publicity stunts has happened, not the recent ones. The bobsled thing had some impact, now no one cares. You can't possibly think a freaking NASCAR event is bigger than the olympics, can you? The olympics sponsorship was a much bigger deal and the price still kept dropping.
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:31:58 PM

Doge is getting popular

please unban me.
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:34:20 PM

No, you don't get it. There are ALREADY too many coins. Slowing the flow of them doesn't do anything about that problem.

As for the publicity... yeah I doubt too many people at a nascar race are going to give 3 shits about "doge." Besides, my point is that if you set aside opinions and look at the facts, the price hasn't increased when each of these big publicity stunts has happened, not the recent ones. The bobsled thing had some impact, now no one cares. You can't possibly think a freaking NASCAR event is bigger than the olympics, can you? The olympics sponsorship was a much bigger deal and the price still kept dropping.

it's not about the race

it's about the media that cover the race Cheesy

we didn't actually sposnor the bobsled team, we gathered only 30k$ and 70k was needed I think, we only put some help, perhaps that was why it didn't have much impact

it will help, stop being so pesimistic..

there is a Dogecon in a few days, we're going to be on some of the popular educational channels on youtube too, so after all 3 happen at least some impact we will see!

lynn_402

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:35:41 PM

The price manages to be stable (actually, to raise) even though there are "too many coins". That means there's more buy support than sell resistance. Slowing the flow of new coins to instant-dump multipools will decrease sell resistance and thus a price increase, or at least stability, is quite likely. A coin being "rare" means absolutely nothing; look at the mess that 42coin is.

The impact that publicity gives is long-term. Someone won't buy Dogecoin after hearing about it once. But, if he hears about it enough, then makes research to see it is legit and supported by an amazing and active community, and that this community is ready to invest around Doges in many different and creative ways, he might.
lynn_402

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:37:22 PM

it's not about the race

we didn't actually sposnor the bobsled team, we gathered only 30k$ and 70k was needed I think, we only put some help, perhaps that was why it didn't have much impact

there is a Dogecon in a few days, we're going to be on some of the popular educational channels on youtube too, so after all 3 happen at least some impact we will see!

+1 Cheesy
Looking forward to jumping on moon's low gravity with you Kiki112!
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:46:11 PM

it's not about the race

+1 Cheesy
Looking forward to jumping on moon's low gravity with you Kiki112!

haha, you too Cheesy

at least we will put a first Shibe in space Cheesy

lynn_402

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:51:00 PM

haha, you too Cheesy

Actually, there has already been a shibe in space! http://imgur.com/a/hN83v
The father of a dogecoin enthusiast works in the International Space Station, and sent this Cheesy

Another picture with Earth in the background: http://img.fae.ro/bb5439.jpeg
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:01:55 PM

haha, you too Cheesy

Actually, there has already been a shibe in space! http://imgur.com/a/hN83v
The father of a dogecoin enthusiast works in the International Space Station, and sent this Cheesy

Another picture with Earth in the background: http://img.fae.ro/bb5439.jpeg

let's say it's not photoshop Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: