Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Self-Education Resources: Tips for Developing Math & CS Skills for Bitcoin Tech  (Read 58 times)
MoneroModel (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 12, 2024, 04:29:35 AM
Merited by PowerGlove (1)

Hey everyone!

I'm thrilled to join this fantastic community and am eager to dive into the world of cryptocurrencies and cryptography. As a determined self-learner with some math and computer science knowledge, as well as some programming experience in Python (currently exploring Mojo), JS/HTML/CSS, I believe that the most knowledgeable people here have likely forged their own paths through self-education.

I'm excited to gain the knowledge and skills needed to contribute to the community and eventually create interactive educational materials about relevant technologies. Therefore, I'd genuinely appreciate any advice from experienced members on the most effective resources for building a solid foundation in Bitcoin technologies, distributed systems, and cryptography.

If any of you have personal learning paths to share or can recommend resources similar to the Rosalind project for bioinformatics (rosalind.info) or Project Euler for math/programming problems (projecteuler.net), but specifically tailored to Bitcoin technologies, I'd be incredibly grateful.

Thanks a ton in advance for your insights!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7464

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 12, 2024, 09:17:58 AM

I don't remember if there's any website which make you learn programming through coding practice. But since you have math, programming and CS background, i believe Mastering Bitcoin[1] is perfect fit for you. Jameson Lopp also have list about technical Bitcoin resources[2], although most of those makes you read book or documentation.

[1] https://github.com/bitcoinbook/bitcoinbook
[2] https://www.lopp.net/bitcoin-information/technical-resources.html

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MoneroModel (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2024, 03:01:44 PM

Mastering Bitcoin[1] is perfect fit for you. Jameson Lopp also have list about technical Bitcoin resources[2]

Thanks for the pointers, ABCbits! I was aware of the book but it had totally slipped my mind, so cheers for the reminder. And Lopp's list is indeed gold – much appreciated! The ChatBTC (technical chat bot) on Lopp's list immediately caught my eye – just checked it out and it looks super cool!
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7464

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 13, 2024, 08:43:55 AM

Mastering Bitcoin[1] is perfect fit for you. Jameson Lopp also have list about technical Bitcoin resources[2]

Thanks for the pointers, ABCbits! I was aware of the book but it had totally slipped my mind, so cheers for the reminder. And Lopp's list is indeed gold – much appreciated! The ChatBTC (technical chat bot) on Lopp's list immediately caught my eye – just checked it out and it looks super cool!

ChatBTC is convenient and provide source of the information (which is nice since many chatbot never state the source), but don't rely too much especially for niche topic. And if you already tried it few times, you probably already know the website will ask you for Bitcoin payment to keep using the chatbot.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MoneroModel (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2024, 06:12:19 PM

ChatBTC is convenient and provide source of the information (which is nice since many chatbot never state the source), but don't rely too much especially for niche topic. And if you already tried it few times, you probably already know the website will ask you for Bitcoin payment to keep using the chatbot.

I completely agree that it's important not to rely too much on ChatBTC or I, would say, any single source of information, whether it's a chatbot or a human teacher - both have their limitations and both can make mistakes. However, the ChatBTC project has given me an idea to create my own custom version of ChatGPT (https://openai.com/blog/introducing-gpts) using a collection of resources from Lopp's list, some repositories, and Mastering Bitcoin. This will hopefully help me solve my information overload problem 🤯
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: