Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:49:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt mining is dead - a real thread discussing what the title says  (Read 3593 times)
Ryota

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:32:02 PM

ASICs are the best way to secure the blockchain.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DrReaper

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:53:59 PM

Yeah bring on the asic miners! The scrypts I have been mining for months will come into their own! Necessity being the mother of invention, a new coin will pop up for graphics cards. Thorcoin is already jane scrypt. Maybe it will get some love from the out of work graphic card miners.
Watchy312

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:03:43 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 07:18:08 PM by Watchy312

ASICs supporters can say all they want, GPU miners will continue to GPU mine on new algorythm coins
It's the only path to ROI while ASICs is the path to ruin and manufacturers scamming

Mining is work and is taking a lot of time, and really imo currently it is not even worth the time if you are not a "believer"
Though people may be willing to work for almost nothing, nobody is willing to work for loosing money...so no sane GPU miner wants ASICs

Crypto is not only about technics, it needs to not fuck up almost every early adopters...and with all the scams, steals, exchanges failures and this bear market, i'm sure LOTS of early adopters/investors got raped
Really i don't think that would not be too much if all the miners from november/december, like me, could at least ROI or...you can keep your cryptos for the few survivors of this huge mess for years or decades
paulcipher

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:34:40 PM

Amateur hour is over boys. Buck up or get off the horse!   Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8HzyMiLd0 My rig...Been running for over 2 weeks now.

I upgraded from my 8 r9 280x's 5.5mh to 30-32MH with the addition of 80 gridseeds.

Did you do any research into the quality of those things? $20k is a lot to dump on something that could be fried in a month or two.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: