Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Monastery My Opinion  (Read 251 times)
_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1228

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 11:00:44 PM

Bitcoin is a currency and a high-value investment asset. The community takes every opportunity for you to benefit from it - several ideas came up and were tried out, but they may also be misused. I didn't delve into the ideas being discussed - so I can't comment much on that.

Personal and group interests may also be mixed in an idea in the name of bitcoin - but people must be wise enough in expressing support for or against it. I'm just sure - certain individuals and group can take advantage of bitcoin's popularity to benefit from it. There's nothing stopping that - it's just that users have to be wise enough in making decisions.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris1520

Activity: 13
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 12:57:21 AM

I am unsure if this conversation has taken place here before and what diverse opinions the community holds. Nevertheless, I wish to express that I do not believe in the concept of a bitcoin monastery. While it may seem interesting, it is not something that is not practical. In a YouTube interview I recently watched, the interviewee discussed 'Bitcoin monasteries' as a metaphor for merging technology with spiritual leadership, proposing a vision of utilizing technology constructively under spiritual guidance. Although I am not an atheist, I strongly believe that bitcoin remains neutral in terms of spirituality, gods, and metaphysical forces. Therefore, we should employ bitcoin according to our personal moral principles and not bring in any sort of spiritual perspective to it. What is you take on bitcoin monastery?

Hey man,

It is funny I came across your post cause I was wondering somes ideas about a related topic in the last few days. I've contemplate a few time the idea of Satoshi Nakamato being some type of being either from the future, or elsewhere. A being who chose to create a protocol and gave us access to it, to save us from ourselves and to liberate us. Maybe in a distant future, without his intervention, the opression of the state would have grown immensely to the point where human civilisation is not heading toward its natural evolution path.
Maybe over the years, oppression, control, corruption and violence would have destroy any possibility for a productive evolution towards the greater good.
Maybe Satoshi chose to alter the future by unlocking a way for us.

This is far fetched, but still an interesting idea.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 01:14:35 AM

It sounds absurd to me. Bitcoin was made to serve practical purposes. It's a technology. It is not meant to boost or awaken whatever spiritual realities there are in humans and in society. I think it is not only ridiculous, it could even destroy Bitcoin itself, or at least its relevance and reputation.

Why should we even attach spiritual or religious meanings to something that is purely secular in nature? Bitcoin is spiritually neutral. Once some kind of religion is attached to it, others might find it repulsive.
pinggoki

Activity: 1470
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 02:04:19 AM

Bitcoin monastery would have sounded nice if bitcoin isn't a decentralized coin. We should not be talking about monastery in an open source decentralized coin. In a pure monastery system, there's a high concentrated, esteemed and almighty head which controls everything in the system. Who will assume this almighty status, since Satoshi isn't around. The foundation of bitcoin is laid pure on codes (C++) and it's maintenance is in the hands of the people and not a group of monks. So, can we discuss the bitcoin ETF and other related news and forget this monastery of a thing?
That depends on where you're standing though, if you don't see the opportunity that you can utilize "bitcoin monasteries" which means that you haven't heard of megachurches, they're a religious organization that's basically acting on behalf of God but not really, they're just there to make money out of poor suckers that will go to their churches. This idea of bitcoin monastery where the people praise and worship bitcoin or Satoshi is going to be a really profitable thing for many aspiring megachurch pastors and I don't really love the idea that there's going to be some religion formed that's related to bitcoin, I can almost always see that there's bound to be some people that are going to be losing their savings to these when this becomes a thing, don't give megachurch pastors ideas, they're already not paying taxes for the tithes now they're going to multiply their money even more.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 02:07:22 AM

I am unsure if this conversation has taken place here before and what diverse opinions the community holds. Nevertheless, I wish to express that I do not believe in the concept of a bitcoin monastery. While it may seem interesting, it is not something that is not practical. In a YouTube interview I recently watched, the interviewee discussed 'Bitcoin monasteries' as a metaphor for merging technology with spiritual leadership, proposing a vision of utilizing technology constructively under spiritual guidance. Although I am not an atheist, I strongly believe that bitcoin remains neutral in terms of spirituality, gods, and metaphysical forces. Therefore, we should employ bitcoin according to our personal moral principles and not bring in any sort of spiritual perspective to it. What is you take on bitcoin monastery?
But you are affected of that Crypto users catching Video  Grin no wonder one day you will start believing what you tend to hate now  Smiley

Just like those gamblers that even pray for their Gods just to let them win , giving offering and dedicating their time before the event happens is for me more on stupidity and Noobness .

We must separate everything from Gods or Religion as they have separate state , like how the Churches  not being ask for taxes we must not let them enters Bitcoin or else they will seek for their Commission in sooner time lol.

It sounds absurd to me. Bitcoin was made to serve practical purposes. It's a technology. It is not meant to boost or awaken whatever spiritual realities there are in humans and in society. I think it is not only ridiculous, it could even destroy Bitcoin itself, or at least its relevance and reputation.

Why should we even attach spiritual or religious meanings to something that is purely secular in nature? Bitcoin is spiritually neutral. Once some kind of religion is attached to it, others might find it repulsive.
I was thinking that the main purpose of that is to take a piece   of cake from this market as they have seen opportunities fooling their members again to deliver them Funds and live luxurious while their Members are remaining poorer .

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 10:11:45 AM

Bitcoin is backed up by mathematics and computations. I do not think it has any concept of spirituality involved in it. The users of bitcoin came from different parts of the world, embracing different cultures, and practicing different religions. I think if a religion were to incorporate or use bitcoin, there is nothing wrong there. But if someone creates a religion based on cryptocurrency or bitcoin, then it just seems pointless. What are they worshipping? Money?

I am quite not sure about your story but building a monastery exclusively to bitcoin users (maybe) is just a little weird. Bitcoin is objective and does not really adhere to any specific religion. I remember seeing a coin trying to be launched as the islamic coin. While I understand it must be about bringing communities together, there should be a clear line between technology and spirituality

Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 26, 2024, 12:12:20 PM

It is really foolish to make any decision regarding Bitcoin based on guesswork or based on your own spiritual knowledge. We should apply whatever knowledge we have about the particular subject. When we try to do something outside of what we know and understand, that is where we are most likely to make mistakes. We have no idea about investment but if we invest only based on our own spiritual knowledge, we will never get anything positive from that investment. We may know less about a subject but we must apply what we know. Do not invest or do anything on such sites without first confirming yourself. First we have to do our own analysis, if our analysis reveals something positive, then we can decide on these issues.

It is not really foolish. I get it that its important making informed decisions, especially when it comes to areas like Bitcoin and investment. Some people prefer the practical route, doing a deep dive before deciding especially with stuff like investments. But others might see value in mixing in a bit of spiritual insight. It's all about finding what works for you

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
February 27, 2024, 12:43:31 AM

I was thinking that the main purpose of that is to take a piece   of cake from this market as they have seen opportunities fooling their members again to deliver them Funds and live luxurious while their Members are remaining poorer .

This is actually happening right now, for many years in fact, but not in the name of religion or some spiritual explanation. There are so many Ponzis and other investment schemes that are being operated by different groups. But these are basically investment groups not religion or something like that.

The basic point is the same though. The members would contribute to those who are running the scheme. It is encouraging of course because anybody can check the rising price of Bitcoin. In the end, only the leaders will make wealth. This is another way of centralizing Bitcoin which is pointless.
OcTradism

Activity: 1736
Merit: 801

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2024, 02:13:27 AM

This is actually happening right now, for many years in fact, but not in the name of religion or some spiritual explanation. There are so many Ponzis and other investment schemes that are being operated by different groups. But these are basically investment groups not religion or something like that.
Ponzi is a scam scheme that is used by scammers and they don't hesitate to use any available tool to steal money from naive people. They can use religion to run their Ponzi and they do not self-restrict their scams in only investment.

When they use religion as tool for their Ponzi scam, they will not publicly say it is a kind of investment, a Ponzi, but they will give some attractive promise and some sweet words to do their scam plan. There are always naive and greed people who will be scammed not only by Ponzi but by other scam types.

The basic point is the same though. The members would contribute to those who are running the scheme. It is encouraging of course because anybody can check the rising price of Bitcoin. In the end, only the leaders will make wealth.
In Ponzi scheme, the creator and early participants, at highest tiers of the pyramid, will gain profit. The lower under the pyramid, people will lose more money than gains.

This is another way of centralizing Bitcoin which is pointless.
No Bitcoiner want to centralize a decentralized Bitcoin network.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
martinex

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2024, 09:14:46 AM

BTC is very common for everyone. We usually hear that BTC is the king of all coins, but if we put it into a spiritual perspective, I don't think the concept of a Bitcoin monastery is appropriate at all and if there is a group of people who make it special, go ahead and that's their right. Which in my mind is a big and extraordinary step to move away from traditional, centrally controlled money.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 262

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2024, 11:22:07 AM

We all know that bitcoin is a digital currency and is not under any control of a decentralized central government. There is nothing to say from a spiritual point of view these are usually just some people's ideas. I haven't heard anything about bitcoin monastery yet. Due to its decentralization bitcoin users are increasing, no matter the religion caste all classes of people are engaged here. Those who describe bitcoin with religion are mistaken.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀