Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:10:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S17+ zero hashrate but no other apparent errors  (Read 133 times)
Steevithak (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 12:14:40 AM

I picked up a old Antminer S17+ and have been trying to get it working. At this point, it boots with no errors in the kernel log, all fans working, temps ok, no faults indicated, no network problems, connects to braiins pool... but hashrate on all three boards sits at zero. Status page shows all chips with 0's for all three boards (no X's) and it shows getworks from the pool. Other miners on the same network are hashing ok so I don't think it's a network issue. I'm baffled. Haven't seen anything like this with my other miners but I've never used this particular model. I'll attach a screenshot of the status page. I've let it run for as long as an 1 hour with no change... Any ideas?

Hmmm... doesn't look like I can add an image to my post but here's a link to a screenshot
https://www.flickr.com/photos/steevithak/53550182338

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2024, 06:16:09 PM

Can you try to switch to another pool instead of Braiins?
I want to suggest https://solo.ckpool.org/ it is just for testing purposes and maybe the pool itself is the reason why it is not mining.

If still not mining I suggest try to flash the unit through the SD Card you can follow the instructions below and then upgrade it to the latest version from the GUI dashboard.

- https://www.zeusbtc.com/articles/asic-miner-troubleshooting/1183-s17e-t17e-s17-plus-t17-plus-control-board-program-recovery

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Steevithak (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2024, 10:33:36 PM

Can you try to switch to another pool instead of Braiins?
I want to suggest https://solo.ckpool.org/ it is just for testing purposes and maybe the pool itself is the reason why it is not mining.

Brilliant suggestion, I should have thought of trying an alternate pool myself. I set it up to use solo.ckpool.org and it fired right up with all hashing boards hitting their rated speed. So somehow my S17+ won't talk to the braiins pool properly while all my other miners do. At least I know where to focus my research now. Any ideas on why this particular miner would have problems with braiins? I guess I could try loading the braiins firmware and see if that made any difference.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2024, 03:08:15 PM

Brilliant suggestion, I should have thought of trying an alternate pool myself. I set it up to use solo.ckpool.org and it fired right up with all hashing boards hitting their rated speed. So somehow my S17+ won't talk to the braiins pool properly while all my other miners do. At least I know where to focus my research now. Any ideas on why this particular miner would have problems with braiins? I guess I could try loading the braiins firmware and see if that made any difference.

I don't know why but maybe it is due to high ping that is why this miner can't connect even the other miners connected on the same pool. I heard similar issue before but it was solved by mining to a different pool.

I think you can try to use other Braiins pool servers they have other pool servers and only choose a server near your country or a country where you live.

Check the stratum v2 servers from this link below.

- https://academy.braiins.com/en/braiins-pool/btc-mining-setup/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 29, 2024, 12:41:42 AM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

I think you can try to use other Braiins pool servers they have other pool servers and only choose a server near your country or a country where you live.

I highly doubt that would change anything, this doesn't seem like a connectivity issue but rather a compatibility issue, it's pool-firmware related and there is probably nothing he can do about it except changing the firmware or the pool, obviously, it depends on his preference, personally, I would change the pool, if that is not an option (which I can't see how) then another firmware would fix it, try the latest S17+ firmware or contact Braiins pool team.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████