Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:15:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which libmemenv.a is used when using the gitian builder?  (Read 945 times)
boris_johnny (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:02:09 PM

I'm trying to build the Windows binaries for an altcoin using the gitian building process as described here:

https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/blob/v0.8.6.2/contrib/gitian-descriptors/README

I'm running:

Code:
    ./bin/gbuild --commit altcoin=HEAD ./gitian-win32.yml

But get this error:

Code:
/home/ubuntu/build/altcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/build/nationscoin'
make[1]: *** [release/nationscoin-qt.exe] Error 1
make: *** [release] Error 2
I've been trying a variety of solutions (trying to rebuild/reindex libmemenv.a), but they did not seem to work. This made me wonder if my changes had any impact at all because the output was always exactly the same. So I removed the libmemenv.a file:

Code:
rm /home/gitian-builder/inputs/altcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a

Turns out, the error remains the same (so no complaint about the missing file!). This leads me to think that I am not working with the right libmemenv.a file. A 'locate libmemenv.a' returns only one file though so I am utterly confused exactly WHICH libmemenv.a is causing this problem. Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 05:44:59 AM

this is a level db issue, did you get it solved ?

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: