Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:09:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Satoshi Nakamoto's networth ever being rated?  (Read 229 times)
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3775

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2024, 09:40:39 AM

We do not know how much Bitcoin Satoshi owns and whether he will spend it or not, so we cannot answer this question. All talk about Satoshi is speculation because we do not really know whether he is alive or not, but inevitably his appearance will bring about a major change in the direction of Bitcoin.

Everyone talks about bitcoin that Satoshi owns, but I see the greatest impact on the extent to which Bitcoin will be decentralized if Satoshi exists, meaning can s/he/they convince all the full nodes of the necessity of making the block size 16 MB?
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 02, 2024, 09:55:21 PM

It is difficult to know Satoshi's bitcoin worth because he has numerous addresses and he/they are anonymous as you can tell if he's just one person or they're many because for me, with the growth that this digital currency have recorded since it's invention means that it was well planned and it's not just one person that brought up the idea. Apart from Satoshi Nakamoto, I think it would be very difficult to know many Bitcoin investors hodling or worth because a lot of them have so many wallets of which all cannot vibe traceable.

nakamura12

Activity: 2310
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 02, 2024, 10:12:13 PM

If ever we found out how many Bitcoin that Satoshi Nakamoto owns then we can estimate the net worth but as others have explained where no one knows how many Bitcoin Satoshi Nakamoto have and also his identity so that we can add the other net worth if there's another so, the answer to your questions is stil not known. I'd rather focus on different topic instead of this one because no one will be able to answer your questions unless Satoshi Nakamoto publicize himself then we will be able to do it.

Nakamura12 Sig Space and Avatar 4 Rent
Cricktor
Legendary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1174

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 02, 2024, 10:16:20 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2024, 11:32:40 AM by Cricktor

There's this site http://satoshiblocks.info/ which identifies a miner called "Patoshi" who likely was Satoshi him/her/themselves. It's quite interesting to read the whole story and how the attribution was done. It's quite technical though and needs some deeper understanding of Bitcoin mining details.

If the attribution of blocks to the miner "Patoshi" is more or less correct and if we assume it's actually Satoshi Nakamoto then this miner mined somewhere in the ballpark of 21954 blocks, times 50BTC block subsidy that's roughly 1.1 million BTC. Only a few of those BTC ever moved (Hal Finney got some directly from Satoshi's block #9 e.g.).

Can you call this Satoshi's fortune? Well, it depends. Personally, I don't expect any of those roughly a million+ BTC to ever move again. Satoshi Nakamoto will not resurface on its own and I hope for him/her/they to remain anonymous forever. This is the way.

P.S.
My Patoshi blocks watch-only wallet gives me the following balance as of today (it's not entirely correct as very few blocks are likely wrongly attributed; they've been spent at times and in a manner which doesn't quite match so far observed behavior of the miner "Patoshi"):
Code:
time bitcoin-cli -rpcclienttimeout=0 getbalance

real 6m34.653s
user 0m0.003s
sys 0m0.003s

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1039

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile
March 03, 2024, 02:24:30 AM

Bitcoin and me (Hal Finney).

When Satoshi announced the first release of the software, I grabbed it right away. I think I was the first person besides Satoshi to run bitcoin. I mined block 70-something, and I was the recipient of the first bitcoin transaction, when Satoshi sent ten coins to me as a test. I carried on an email conversation with Satoshi over the next few days, mostly me reporting bugs and him fixing them.
Satoshi Nakamoto is not only early Bitcoin miner, Hal Finney is one of them.

Jameson Lopp wrote that Hal Finney was not Satoshi Nakamoto with some of his analyses to prove it.
Pi-network314159

Activity: 252
Merit: 198

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 03, 2024, 03:09:20 AM

There is no point trying to know his net worth because someone who chose to be anonymous, will be very hard for you to know his net worth. You will need to know him physically first before talking about his net worth. Since Satoshi Nakamoto has decided to keep his indetity hidden, I don't see enough reason to why I shouldn't be bordering my self about that. What I just know about his monetary aspect is that he has some bitcoin in his possession.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Cricktor
Legendary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1174

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2024, 11:41:51 AM

It could also be that Satoshi Nakamoto has no bitcoins at all in his possession. Maybe he decided to destroy all private keys of all the blocks he mined after he decided to vanish from his project. Problem is, you can't prove that no key exists anymore. I assume no-one would believe him, especially criminals. It's his life insurance to stay anonymous. This should be respected, no matter what!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████