Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for bitcoin options on e-trade  (Read 54 times)
onedumbquestion (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2024, 08:43:13 AM

I wanna trade bitcoin options so I logged in to my e-trade account and tried to find the options but I couldn't find them

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1785

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
March 02, 2024, 10:58:29 PM

Any reason you are using e-trade instead of the traditional Bitcoin exchanges such as Binance, OKX, deribit, Crypto.com, Bybit etc.
They seem to also offer Bitcoin options trading among other products and might not be as limited as e-trade.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
onedumbquestion (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2024, 11:13:20 PM

Any reason you are using e-trade instead of the traditional Bitcoin exchanges such as Binance, OKX, deribit, Crypto.com, Bybit etc.
They seem to also offer Bitcoin options trading among other products and might not be as limited as e-trade.

Because I already have an e-trade account and I don't have a Binance or otherwise account You said "also" does that mean e-trade has them?
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1785

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
March 02, 2024, 11:28:29 PM

Because I already have an e-trade account and I don't have a Binance or otherwise account You said "also" does that mean e-trade has them?
I am simply suggesting to you platforms where you can easily find and trade Bitcoin option. The crypto exchanges are pretty easy to sign up to and undergo KYC verification. I have never used e-trade, but a quick check shows me that they only have other forms of options and not Bitcoin options.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 03, 2024, 01:40:53 AM

As far as I know the new Bitcoin ETFs which were launched in January haven't enabled option trading. The only way on the NYSE is to trade the BITO options. BITO is that ETF that launched in 2021 and it follows the BTC Futures on CME instead of the actual spot market.

Keep in mind its not a good idea to trade options on a product which follows the futures. The futures have a premium or discount and when you buy a call or put, you are paying another premium on top of that. So unless there is a huge move, you willl end up with an option that expires useless.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██