Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:35:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sensitivities of Bitcoin secret hunters.  (Read 228 times)
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2024, 05:50:57 PM

One should never have their financial apps unencrypted if they know they can't say no if someone asks for their phone for any reason whether it's a family member, a friend, or anyone because no one can be trusted these days when it comes to money and finances, and even if someone says they don't know about cryptocurrencies or such stuff, they can still compromise your funds if they get their hands on them.
In gatherings such as you mentioned, you shouldn't hand over your phone to anyone, and if you think you can't resist and they keep asking, you should have an app lock or something where you should hide your apps in it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
HideYourKeys

Activity: 129
Merit: 110

Metal Seed Phrase at the lowest price! From 36.99

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2024, 06:35:05 PM

tbh the behaviour of your cousin is quite shady. I fully agree on the fact that we should be more private about our BTC holdings

█▀ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▄ █▀█ █░█ █▀█ ▄▀█ █▀ █▀▀   █ █▄░█   █▀▄▀█ █▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀█ █░░
▄█ ██▄ ██▄ █▄▀ █▀▀ █▀█ █▀▄ █▀█ ▄█ ██▄   █ █░▀█   █░▀░█ ██▄ ░█░ █▀█ █▄▄
hideyourkeys.io
Zigabel

Activity: 266
Merit: 154

Duelbits.com

View Profile
March 03, 2024, 06:54:28 PM

I don't really know the relationship between you and your cousin a d soon wouldn't want to sounds judgmental but then it's possible his intentions are clear and pure but his curiosity may make it look like it's not a pure one because if he was opportuned he would definitely want to get a full detail of what the app actually entails but the fact that he's gat little to no idea about how he could access the app then he had to start throwing questions at you to help him gain access to the wallet and probably satisfy his curiosity.

This is an opportunity for us all to learn our lessons on how to safe guard our wallets because we never can tell who may gain access accidentally to our device and put our assets at risk, if there's a provision for a secret folder, you could put your wallets there to reduce exposure to anyone who gains access to your device.

Natsuu

Activity: 1134
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 04, 2024, 12:40:02 PM

Keeping our crypto safe is a big deal and locking down your wallet with encryption and secret folders is like having an extra set of eyes on it. The story with your cousin is a reminder to stay on your toes even with family. Keeping your Bitcoin stuff under wraps helps dodge any unnecessary drama or nosy questions and a lowkey way that they should get their hands off of your business haha Keep it private and you're less likely to end up in awkward situations

EluguHcman (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2024, 09:34:23 AM

It is unfortunate that you have been exposed to such a situation, but it is better to store your cryptocurrencies in a cold storage wallet and for the wallets on your phone to be watch-only, with some balance in other wallets for emergency purposes.
You must also choose the password so that it is unique and cannot be known by anyone, and avoid storing it digitally or in a place that is easy for others to access. If you are in a shared house, it is better to have a Multisig wallets where you leave one of the seeds in your house, and the other two in a safe and separate place.

Network error and I have been trying to refresh and reload for a successful upload on several occasions.
I am already deleting some of them off at this moment but not working out.
I almost did the same thing, but I decided to open a new tab before refreshing the page and found that the post had already been posted.
You are not far from the reality truth because as at that time I saw it deep in his facial expression like there is something about all that he was curious about which I am not tell him.
@hugeblack, please do you have a recommendable cold wallet to be best in used? But anyhow, I appreciates your efforts and advice.

Marvelman

Activity: 1008
Merit: 137

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 06, 2024, 10:05:50 AM

please do you have a recommendable cold wallet to be best in used? But anyhow, I appreciates your efforts and advice.

Cold wallets refer to anything not hooked up to the internet.  This includes an Electrum wallet on a device that's offline and air-gapped or even a private key or seed phrase written on a scrap of paper or etched into a metal slab and  you've got plenty of options to pick from.  Folks here have offered up loads of pointers on properly setting up a wallet that's totally offline.  If you want easy, just get yourself a decent hardware wallet.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: