Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:06:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-Launch] ⏩GLOBAL RESERVE - The Board Game⏪ Kickstarter Pre-Launch Notice!  (Read 201 times)
slumberjack (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 92
Merit: 96

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2024, 07:17:39 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2024, 02:51:25 PM by slumberjack
Merited by krogothmanhattan (10), OgNasty (2), Halab (2), MoparMiningLLC (2), Cyrus (1), DdmrDdmr (1), tread93 (1), mx12.levins (1)

The Tabletop Board Game
by: Bitcoin Cartoons

Hey Bitcoin Talk...I've been in the "bear markets are for building" phase and I'm Back for the Bull! This time with the biggest product I've ever done!
I introduce to you my first ever tabletop board game, Global Reserve.

Global Reserve is a competitive strategy game with one mission - become the world’s next Global Reserve Currency. Players will take on the role of 1 of 6 currencies with the goal of expanding their currency’s influence worldwide. But there’s a catch. Each currency has a unique superpower and weakness; one will either enhance your gameplay, or leave you at the mercy of your opponent. Can you build a monetary empire? Or will you gamble your future in a high-stakes bid for global domination?

Play as Bitcoin, BRICS, CBDC, Dogecoin, Ethereum, and Fiat.

6 months ago, @markzellers gave me the idea to do a board game derived from the classic board game - RISK. Instead of armies taking over the world...it's money!

Pre-Launch Notice

--->https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitcoincartoons/164697635?ref=4zecuz&token=c7371b94<--

Be sure to hit "Notify me on Launch" in the top left corner!
scheduled to launch April 1, 2024

All this hard work has brought me to this point where the manufacturer's prototype is in production and it's time to get serious about orange-pilling the board game world with Global Reserve! In order to achieve this goal, I ask you to keep your eye on this thread and the Kickstarter page above!

Founders Editions Available :

There are 21 copies of the Founders Edition. They are not numbered 1 through 21. Just a 1 of 21 emblem printed on the box. These 21 will be signed by me, have 3D resin printed pieces that are much more detailed than the mass-produced version and I will be doing a cartoon to accompany the Founders Editions. So 21 prints of this special Global Reserve themed cartoon - the cartoons will be numbered 1/21, 2/21, 10/21 etc.
Code:
Game         Reserved By (subject to payment)

1     markzellers
2     slumberjack
3     mike a.
4     everett
5     michael w.
6     gian m.
7     charlie c.
8     steven c.
9     patricia l.
10     moparminingLLC (paid)
11     santos h.
12     richard
13     jonathan w.
14     george m.
15     gary h.
16     jake s.
17     mike g.
18     geyser raffle
19     halving party '24
20     halving party '24
21     tread93

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2203

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2024, 08:40:44 PM

are they numbered? if so, would like #76 - if they do not go that high - would like #10 is there a way to reserve the number? and I cannot do kickstarter atm I dont have means of paying fiat.

Should have done geyser.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
mx12.levins
Copper Member

Activity: 624
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2024, 09:23:47 PM

are they numbered? if so, would like #76 - if they do not go that high - would like #10 is there a way to reserve the number? and I cannot do kickstarter atm I dont have means of paying fiat.

Should have done geyser.

Geyser  Cool  Wink
tweetious

Activity: 1943
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
March 03, 2024, 10:33:38 PM

Congrats on your new project, I wish you all the best !!!

As others commented, I was wondering why you chose to launch your fundraising campaign on a platform like Kickstarter (that only accepts fiat as a means of payment/donations) versus other platforms (such as Geyser) that accept only BTC for payment.

Your previous project (Bitcoin Beats Fiat) got fundraised through Geyser, hence I am curious why you chose to change your crowdfunding strategy this time....  For example, you didn't like Geyser platform and/or you would like to receive contributions also from non-coiners that do not hold crypto, etc. etc.

Regardless... I wish you all the best !!!  Smiley
slumberjack (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2024, 12:15:06 AM

Should have done geyser.
^ There are 21 of the Founders Edition. They are not numbered 1 through 21. Just a 1 of 21 emblem printed on the box. These 21 will be signed by me, have 3D resin printed pieces that are much more detailed than the mass-produced version and I will likely be doing a cartoon to accompany the Founders Editions. So 21 prints of this special Global Reserve themed cartoon.

I've already got about 10/21 spoken for locally. If there's a demand for the last 10 on Bitcoin Talk...I'd gladly give Bitcoin Talk members first dibs on these collectibles over Kickstarter! Then I'd just remove the Founders Edition from Kickstarter because it's not live yet.

Congrats on your new project, I wish you all the best !!!

As others commented, I was wondering why you chose to launch your fundraising campaign on a platform like Kickstarter (that only accepts fiat as a means of payment/donations) versus other platforms (such as Geyser) that accept only BTC for payment.

Your previous project (Bitcoin Beats Fiat) got fundraised through Geyser, hence I am curious why you chose to change your crowdfunding strategy this time....  For example, you didn't like Geyser platform and/or you would like to receive contributions also from non-coiners that do not hold crypto, etc. etc.

Regardless... I wish you all the best !!!  Smiley

Thanks for the input!

I did do the Bitcoin Beats Fiat via Geyser Fund. However, I did end up floating about 50% of the cost myself and only achieved maybe 10% of the desired product amount. Whether that was the lack of marketing I put into it, or just low demand...I don't know.

For this one, I'm weighing how much of the board game world I want to introduce bitcoin to...OR how much of the bitcoin world I want to introduce to board gaming. Tradeoffs either way!

My thought process was the board game world may be many times larger than the bitcoin world.

BUT...I don't know if Geyser Fund's Terms and Conditions prevent me from doing a Kickstarter. My gut says that's not cool...hence why I didn't propose it initially. Any insight on this would be appreciated.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2024, 01:22:32 AM

Should have done geyser.
^ There are 21 of the Founders Edition. They are not numbered 1 through 21. Just a 1 of 21 emblem printed on the box. These 21 will be signed by me, have 3D resin printed pieces that are much more detailed than the mass-produced version and I will likely be doing a cartoon to accompany the Founders Editions. So 21 prints of this special Global Reserve themed cartoon.

I've already got about 10/21 spoken for locally. If there's a demand for the last 10 on Bitcoin Talk...I'd gladly give Bitcoin Talk members first dibs on these collectibles over Kickstarter! Then I'd just remove the Founders Edition from Kickstarter because it's not live yet.

is #10 available? or is that specific number spoken for? and what is the cost of the Founders Edition?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
slumberjack (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2024, 02:34:10 PM

Should have done geyser.

is #10 available? or is that specific number spoken for? and what is the cost of the Founders Edition?

The emblem on the outside of the box will all say 1/21. Not 1/21, 2/21, 3/21 etc. Instead, the cartoon print that will accompany the game will have the print number and my Certificate of Authenticity. So print 1/21, 10/21, 21/21 etc. only #1 and #2 are the specific numbers spoken for already. Myself and @markzellers

For the Founder's edition + the accompanying cartoon, I'm asking 300k sats.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2024, 05:17:11 PM

Should have done geyser.

The emblem on the outside of the box will all say 1/21. Not 1/21, 2/21, 3/21 etc. Instead, the cartoon print that will accompany the game will have the print number and my Certificate of Authenticity. So print 1/21, 10/21, 21/21 etc. only #1 and #2 are the specific numbers spoken for already. Myself and @markzellers

For the Founder's edition + the accompanying cartoon, I'm asking 300k sats.

I will pay 300k sats for #10 no problem. I just cannot pay on kickstarter.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
slumberjack (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2024, 06:34:08 PM

Duly noted!

I removed the Founders edition from the Kickstarter pre-launch page at first mention of your feedback. I won't collect any corn until I get the boxes in my hands later this month...but I will mark you down for one Founders edition + #10 print of the accompanying toon.

When I get the 21 games, I'll update this thread with the details for the remaining 9.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2024, 06:51:08 PM

Duly noted!

I removed the Founders edition from the Kickstarter pre-launch page at first mention of your feedback. I won't collect any corn until I get the boxes in my hands later this month...but I will mark you down for one Founders edition + #10 print of the accompanying toon.

When I get the 21 games, I'll update this thread with the details for the remaining 9.

sounds good and thank you!

Mine BTC @ kano.is
tread93

Activity: 1100
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 06, 2024, 01:24:10 AM

Wow, this is incredible! You have really put a lot of time and effort into this and it shows. I think the kickstarter campaign is a cool idea & I wish you the best of luck with your kickstarter campaign here! As of right now I would like to put in my "dibs" to get one of the founders editions. Is it also possible to see a sample of one of the cartoons? Also if you're numbering i'll take #21 if possible

slumberjack (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2024, 05:28:51 AM

Wow, this is incredible! You have really put a lot of time and effort into this and it shows. I think the kickstarter campaign is a cool idea & I wish you the best of luck with your kickstarter campaign here! As of right now I would like to put in my "dibs" to get one of the founders editions. Is it also possible to see a sample of one of the cartoons? Also if you're numbering i'll take #21 if possible

Thanks, Tread! I have definitely put in the proof of work and eager to get these in the hands of board gamers and bitcoiners alike! I will be working on the cartoon over the next 2 weeks to have it ready to go by April. The concept right now is inspired by Street Fighter's player select screen Wink I'll update the original post to include yours and Mopar's dibs tomorrow!
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2024, 03:09:40 AM

my game/numbered art piece came today (#10) and also two shirts Slumberjack had made for me (with the two companies I work for - my own and crypto cloaks) These are done up like team shirts for the "Miner League" very cool!

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: