Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the Altcoins Going to Dip in Short Term?  (Read 499 times)
arjunmujay

Activity: 686
Merit: 163

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2024, 01:41:14 AM

We'll just need to monitor to see how far it'll pullback for now ($45,000?). This cycle is actually turning out to be a bit more compressed, but ask me about this comment in two years, and I'll tell you how wrong I was.  Wink

Well, the pullback looks pretty serious so far, it started when Bitcoin was at $73k and has already dropped down to $61k and it keeps going down. Though we can't be sure whether it will reach $45k or near that area or not, I'm pretty sure that we are going to see it going deeper than $55k at least before it starts recovering.
The halving event is still pretty far from where we are standing, a week's time should be enough for it to drop to those levels, if it takes longer than that and the halving arrives, it might start recovering right after the halving event.
The drop in Bitcoin has had a big impact on altcoins, and currently the price of Bitcoin is at $62K and is approaching $63K and I hope that the price of Bitcoin does not return to the price of $61K. Because if that happens and there is a decline below $60 there is a possibility that the price of Bitcoin will continue to fall by 50% from its highest price, but I don't hope that doesn't happen. However, after the halving, prices will rise again because we are almost close to it.
So in my opinion, the possibility of an altcoin decline still exists as long as the Bitcoin price does not reverse direction significantly.
Because Bitcoin experienced a fairly deep decline, altcoins also corrected. but in my opinion that is a good thing, because you can buy altcoins at cheap prices. because when the halving occurs, the price of bitcoin will rise as will altcoins. that's the right time to take profit in the short term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 04:56:42 AM

Hi all,

First time posting here. I have a bit of alt-coins in my tax free account where I can trade regularly without incurring taxes (cannot distribute).

My investments across multiple alt-coins have yielded handsomely in the past 1+ year. My question is:

Should we expect a relatively big pull back in the short term (30%+) with the top 50 alt-coins in the next two months?

I know the market appears to be in a mid-way bull market rally, but after a relatively strong upward movement recently, I feel like there has to be a temporary drop for the market to breath. Given that I wouldn't be paying taxes on these sales, and crypto doesn't have a wash sale rule like equities, I wanted to grab my profit and wait for this hypothetical pull back before investing again for a bigger gain down the road when we might see 5x - 10x by the end of this year, or early next year.

My reasoning is, the whales have dumped their Bitcoin on the institutional investors/Trads in recent months as the Bitcoin ETFs have become available, but they are only seeing bag holders on the alt-coin side, and not seeing newcomers to buy alt-coins from them in order to eventually dump them on the newcomers.

My dilemma is, should I sell now, wait for the short-term pull back, go back in and sell in the long term, or is this a foolish sentiment?

UPDATE (March 19): Well, f*ck me! My hunch was right, and I missed the opportunity. Diamond hand prevailed.
The market experiences volatility, which is the fluctuation of prices upwards and downwards. While some profit, others incur losses. If you're skilled at reading and analyzing trading candles, you can sell your altcoins and buy back at lower prices. However, if you're not adept at trading and rely solely on your intuition, it's better to hold onto them until the 2025 bull run.

irhact

Activity: 616
Merit: 749

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 06:49:34 AM

The volatility of bitcoin/altcoins has been known for a long time, and speculation helps us anticipate eventualities. IMO, accumulating altcoins that have dropped sharply in price in the short term, the altcoin market has many projects competing with each other. Projects that do not have development potential or do not meet market needs may be overlooked by investors, leading to price drops. Some cases of market manipulation can cause altcoin prices to increase or decrease dramatically.

Not every altcoins that have dropped in price should be worthy of buying as they mightn't have the ability to rise again. Many memecoin that have fallen with the price corrections won't rise again as investors will be looking for newly memecoin to buy and not buying old ones this is the reason we're suppose to avoid chasing after memecoin hype. Some altcoins will rise back as they have good fundamentals and investors will want to get them cheap as they're, right now.

Altcoins are always going to dip when Bitcoin dips as Bitcoin is the controller of the market and investors will be looking for profits after the market has pumped very high as it did last week. When you see profits in an altcoin that you bought, it's always good to take profits and keep them in stablecoin as the market can always dump anytime and you might not be aware of the dump ad altcoins will always dump.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 06:56:47 AM

My reasoning is, the whales have dumped their Bitcoin on the institutional investors/Trads in recent months as the Bitcoin ETFs have become available, but they are only seeing bag holders on the alt-coin side, and not seeing newcomers to buy alt-coins from them in order to eventually dump them on the newcomers.

My dilemma is, should I sell now, wait for the short-term pull back, go back in and sell in the long term, or is this a foolish sentiment?
Well its up to your judgement actually. I believe this is an expected retracement prior to bitcoin halving whereas observed as well during last time. After that the real bull season happened and some alts are pumped like sky rockets. But Im not sure if history will repeat itself but as an altcoin trader I think is inevitable and bound to happen anyway. Probably with the new narrative tokens.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AVE5

Activity: 168
Merit: 51

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 07:05:40 AM

Like you said that you've multiple of AltCoins being invested and had made appreciative out of them, I don't know the value of your profits right now either did I know the projects of AltCoins you invested on but all I can say is that the market is getting on setbacks probably investors is not being encouraged to buy and invest more on Bitcoin since the market cap for bitcoin is not going so interesting for Investors at the moment.

So if you feel your asset holding do still have you the value to count profits of it then sell off because probably the market would go lower than. Expected.
Imagine bitcoin in just last week that hitted over $72,000 is hovering within &60,000 - $61,000 today.
That's to say more setbacks awaits the market but it you know you're holding the potential and reputable AltCoins that may not be advisable to hold for a long time such as the MemeCoins then you can keep up holding while the market rises again but be aware that it's all about time.
Ask yourself what your what is the ability of your emotions to withstand the situations when it goes against your wills?

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Essential10

Activity: 308
Merit: 81

View Profile
March 20, 2024, 08:40:13 AM

If you look at the market you will understand that not all altcoins are the same. There are many good altcoins that can provide good longterm growth. It will be easy to prevent all currencies from sinking if you choose the right currency. The market is making new ATHs with the price of bitcoin rising and Eth and BNB performing well.
I agree with you that not all alt coins in the market will follow the same path. Bitcoin rally has seen many altcoins follow Bitcoin, especially Ethereum, BNB, Solana Coin have performed well during Bitcoin rally. Bitcoin has now taken a correction from its peak, also altcoins are following. Whether you hold on to the coin after price dumping is your decision if you have invested in the right coin. Although Ethereum and BNB Coin have dropped in value, I hope they will show their peak performance in the upcoming bull season.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Promocodeudo

Activity: 392
Merit: 192

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2024, 06:38:43 AM

Despite that am not an altcoin person, some altcoin has potential in them too but many scam coins has made it look as if all altcoin are without potentials, your question depends on the particular altcoin, some altcoin may dip and never return to their peak again amd thats because some investors that boost it earlier has now gotten alternative that better, in some cases too when there is market shift it affect altcoin and it is a normal scenario that's is bound to happen but such altcoin may bounce back when the market goes back to normal, but the thing is how will you know profit oriented projects.

leonair

Activity: 1232
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 07:00:24 AM

Actually, you already know how the market moves, especially in the current situation and the setback that occurs is only temporary or a healthy correction, because after this the market will bounce back and we are approaching the halving and Bitcoin is also experiencing a setback and everything is only temporary.
And the attitude we have to face now is, we have to remain calm and don't panic. It is best to take advantage of these pullback moments to accumulate your holdings and hold them for the long term until the market returns to bullish conditions and then sell them as you see fit.
Bitcoin price has been pumped very fast for a few days so the price correction of Bitcoin is affecting all other coins but it will not last long.  This is a temporary problem when Bitcoin price correction period is over when Bitcoin starts pumping again or if Bitcoin price is stable then bull market of Altcoin will start so if one wants to buy Altcoin now for long term holding it will be able to give good returns. so if someone have enough money for long-term investment then they can do it

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Juxoz (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 04:22:22 PM

Bitcoin price has been pumped very fast for a few days so the price correction of Bitcoin is affecting all other coins but it will not last long.  This is a temporary problem when Bitcoin price correction period is over when Bitcoin starts pumping again or if Bitcoin price is stable then bull market of Altcoin will start so if one wants to buy Altcoin now for long term holding it will be able to give good returns. so if someone have enough money for long-term investment then they can do it

Crypto is a super volatile asset class -- one level above gambling sh*t. There lies an opportunity for someone who is patient enough and has emotional and mental fortitude.

I don't believe the way crypto markets operate one should hold when the investment is well diversified. I think the retail investors should cash out their profit in every cycle.

The goal is to hit that 10x on the original investment, then take the profit and flush it to a more stable investment vehicles such as regular stock markets. And as you age, profits from those riskier investments such as stock should be siphoned to more conservative investments -- dividends/bonds etc.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 10:05:09 PM

To some of the altcoins, it's possible a 30% pull back or even more. Thanks to the volatility of the entire market and that's why all you have to do is to be welcoming to any changes and volatility that will affect the entirety of the whole market including Bitcoin. If you are for the short term, it only means that you are holding and waiting for some push of the coins that you're holding and you're prepared to sell them all at once. A good strategy is whenever you're in profit, use it to buy bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Belarge

Activity: 406
Merit: 84

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 11:52:27 PM

Despite that am not an altcoin person, some altcoin has potential in them too but many scam coins has made it look as if all altcoin are without potentials, your question depends on the particular altcoin, some altcoin may dip and never return to their peak again amd thats because some investors that boost it earlier has now gotten alternative that better, in some cases too when there is market shift it affect altcoin and it is a normal scenario that's is bound to happen but such altcoin may bounce back when the market goes back to normal, but the thing is how will you know profit oriented projects.
We can be either straightforward in our dealings with the market, I know it's not easy but we tried our best. There are projects that's pending, to change our life and there are some that doesn't lack any entity, rather they're just in existence to ruined the life's of investors and liquidated trading accounts. We have alot of altcoins in the market, be specific when you're talking about dumping and rising because the current market we found ourselves today will never end well, rather we'll be witnessed back to back inconsistent results.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
bluebit25

Activity: 1638
Merit: 292

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2024, 12:04:46 AM

The volatility of bitcoin/altcoins has been known for a long time, and speculation helps us anticipate eventualities. IMO, accumulating altcoins that have dropped sharply in price in the short term, the altcoin market has many projects competing with each other. Projects that do not have development potential or do not meet market needs may be overlooked by investors, leading to price drops. Some cases of market manipulation can cause altcoin prices to increase or decrease dramatically.

Not every altcoins that have dropped in price should be worthy of buying as they mightn't have the ability to rise again. Many memecoin that have fallen with the price corrections won't rise again as investors will be looking for newly memecoin to buy and not buying old ones this is the reason we're suppose to avoid chasing after memecoin hype. Some altcoins will rise back as they have good fundamentals and investors will want to get them cheap as they're, right now.

Altcoins are always going to dip when Bitcoin dips as Bitcoin is the controller of the market and investors will be looking for profits after the market has pumped very high as it did last week. When you see profits in an altcoin that you bought, it's always good to take profits and keep them in stablecoin as the market can always dump anytime and you might not be aware of the dump ad altcoins will always dump.

And the truth is, any situation is possible, even if bitcoin falls, there will still be some altcoins that increase in price. It brings a feeling of confusion when witnessing independence in space, but the indirect relationship still takes place. And indeed, buying altcoins when prices drop also requires careful research, as you mentioned about memecoin, it is in the category of adventure (gambling) so I don't think honest belief in it is serious. complete.
Some top altcoins such as ETH, ADA, XRP,... offer clear returns when they recover, but investing is a different choice for everyone.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
Bushdark

Activity: 882
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 24, 2024, 10:54:18 AM

We can be either straightforward in our dealings with the market, I know it's not easy but we tried our best. There are projects that's pending, to change our life and there are some that doesn't lack any entity, rather they're just in existence to ruined the life's of investors and liquidated trading accounts. We have alot of altcoins in the market, be specific when you're talking about dumping and rising because the current market we found ourselves today will never end well, rather we'll be witnessed back to back inconsistent results.
The market always dip and surge after a while this is a normal occurrence in the market that we need to expects.
I just hope the price of Bitcoin can do it again the way it does it sometimes ago. The price of Bitcoin would be very profitable just like the way we are holding other cryptocurrency projects in the market. We should be ready to make money and do things in the way it's going to benefits us and bring rewards. There are people that have trader in the market and still don't get any rewards based on the way they do their things.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2024, 07:28:09 PM

Crypto is a super volatile asset class -- one level above gambling sh*t. There lies an opportunity for someone who is patient enough and has emotional and mental fortitude.

I don't believe the way crypto markets operate one should hold when the investment is well diversified. I think the retail investors should cash out their profit in every cycle.

The goal is to hit that 10x on the original investment, then take the profit and flush it to a more stable investment vehicles such as regular stock markets. And as you age, profits from those riskier investments such as stock should be siphoned to more conservative investments -- dividends/bonds etc.

i sure agree with cashing out every cycle but moving to a conservative investment such as dividends and bonds might not be easier for me.  i speak for myself being a crypto investor, i have no idea which bonds and dividends but these are types of assets that you will have to give up all data while the assets aren't very liquid. vehicle is a depreciating asset which is a no-no. for some one like me who wants to reinvest in back, will just keep the asset in stablecoin and wait.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Abu-Naim

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2024, 07:57:28 PM

To some of the altcoins, it's possible a 30% pull back or even more. Thanks to the volatility of the entire market and that's why all you have to do is to be welcoming to any changes and volatility that will affect the entirety of the whole market including Bitcoin. If you are for the short term, it only means that you are holding and waiting for some push of the coins that you're holding and you're prepared to sell them all at once. A good strategy is whenever you're in profit, use it to buy bitcoin.
But the market condition sometimes forces us to hold for long because we can never sell at loss. I am holding some altcoins, the current market affected their prices and I was intending to get little percentage increase before selling, now I have to wait for them to recover before selling them.
Buying bitcoin is the best option I must say because the percentage decrease I have in my current altcoin holding is much while Bitcoin has almost recovers where altcoins are still left behind.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
nurilham

Activity: 1442
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
April 06, 2024, 09:53:09 PM

But the market condition sometimes forces us to hold for long because we can never sell at loss.
For top altcoins, we can decide to hold a longer time when it is not profitable to sell now. However, if it is for shitcoins, you sometimes need to sell for loss because if you are holding for a longer time, you will end up with losing all the money.

Buying bitcoin is the best option I must say because the percentage decrease I have in my current altcoin holding is much while Bitcoin has almost recovers where altcoins are still left behind.
Yes, Bitcoin is the best coin to invest if you don't want to take a higher risk on altcoins. Bitcoin price growth is very clear, it should be safe to hold until the halving time. If you are not confident to continue holding, just sell when the price of Bitcoin rising in halving time. This way can be safe for people who just join the crypto investment.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2024, 06:31:43 PM

For top altcoins, we can decide to hold a longer time when it is not profitable to sell now. However, if it is for shitcoins, you sometimes need to sell for loss because if you are holding for a longer time, you will end up with losing all the money.
Top altcoins are also quite risky if Bitcoin is unstable or Bitcoin dominance increases. If it is to hold long term, you should really pay attention to the top Altcoins, and use your cash reserves to buy when the crash suddenly comes. I also buy some shitcoins sat presale and sell them when they list, never hold a shitcoin any longer because it will go down like crazy.
Mate2237

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2024, 09:32:03 PM

As it is it is better you keep your altcoins foe a long term investment because right now most of the altcoins networks are congested and you can't do any tangible transaction because the transaction fee is very high. So I will advise you to still keeping or holding it till the rise of the altcoins. 30% in few months to.w is god but before that you have to check the market is they are moving and from my observation the market is stable. So I will not advise you to sell now and still wait till the market move upward.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Juxoz (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2024, 10:11:11 PM

i sure agree with cashing out every cycle but moving to a conservative investment such as dividends and bonds might not be easier for me.  i speak for myself being a crypto investor, i have no idea which bonds and dividends but these are types of assets that you will have to give up all data while the assets aren't very liquid. vehicle is a depreciating asset which is a no-no. for some one like me who wants to reinvest in back, will just keep the asset in stablecoin and wait.

When you turn 65 or 70, which most of us still have a few decades to go, you can't, and shouldn't, be investing in a highly speculative and risky asset classes such as crypto (if even these assets will be around that far into the future, or become consolidated and stabilized in a few decades).

This kind of yo-yoing would get you killed in the market, and when you are 70 years old, you can't risk most of your investments in something that might kill the very investment you need in your retirement. You are not 25 or 30 and don't have 30 to 40 years to dig yourself out of a hole anymore.
wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406

View Profile
April 07, 2024, 11:59:46 PM

Nobody knows this for sure.  What I can tell ypu is that at some point we will probably see a parabolic rise with the market.  Not sure which coins will go the most but it happens every cycle and we haven't seen it yet.  So with that being said I wouldn't be scared of a pullback and actually would welcome it.  Cost average in when it comes down and be ready for the real bull to kick in

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀