Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:21:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: APW17 DEAD - Bitmain refuse to repair  (Read 71 times)
danieleither (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 407

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 04:18:12 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2024, 05:56:27 PM by danieleither

Is anyone offering a repair service for APW17 PSU's (for S21 / T21)?

I have one that is completely dead after 3 weeks of running. Obviously it is under warranty (miner is only a month or so old) however Bitmain will not accept a ticket, citing the following response: "I'm sorry that no repair site has enough materials to repair APW17 currently."

I have been arguing with them for the past two weeks (my approach being that they should just swap the PSU if they are unable to repair it) however they refuse and have said I have to wait until repair becomes available, or buy a new one from them.

The cost to buy 1 x APW17 PSU from Bitmain, including postage to UK - is over $1000. There would then be an additional 20% import duty on top of this (as technically it is a purchased part, not a free warranty replacement).

I am on virtually free electric so I have lost out almost $300 already wasting time arguing over the repair with Bitmain. I have since ordered a new PSU from ZeusBTC, however I would like to get this one repaired so I have a spare.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: