Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:55:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The residual effect of getting involved in Bitcoin.  (Read 2090 times)
Distribution (OP)

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 05:33:21 AM

We use secret rooms and backup safes. Decoy guns and tools are left not so well hidden. We have animals as security. Once in awhile we target practice with semi-automatics in the back forty just so people know we are armed. The distant warehouses have been pretty much looted since they went on the market, but the local warehouses are secure. It's not so much the petty thieves that are the problem, but local bureaucrats pulling dirty tricks to legally steal property through tax assessments and eminent domain. It's getting to the point that nobody can be trusted. What we've found to be the best security is to hire the thieves and pay them for honest work. Most of them want a little self-respect and won't steal (at least your good stuff), at least until they end up in jail again. They tend to ward away other troublemakers as well.

I bought a gun safe from a guy once who was a class III dealer (machine guns, silencers, etc) so he had his safe set up like this: There were nine 1/2 inch bolts anchoring it to a cement floor, inside the safe was a device that would call him if the safe was being broken into. At that point, he would be able to listen in, and if it sounded like it was in fact a burglary, he would press a button to set off a CS gas grenade. And all of this was placed behind a false wall. That's a little too intense for me.

What is the exact address of where this safe is located? I'm free a couple days around Christmas.

128 Huntington Circle, Elyria OH 44035. But it's just too bad, I'll be out of town around that time. Otherwise I'd love to have a chat. I'd say you could stop by and talk to my neighbor, he's a huge gun guy. But he'll be out of town too and is putting all of his guns and gold in my safe. We figure it's more secure that way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 05:41:35 AM

What are these guns you speak of ?

I'm Canadian..

It's what makes a person with a uniform good and a person without one bad. At least in America that's how it is.

At this point the five person team fired 71 rounds at Guerena in seven seconds, who died after being hit 22 times.[6][7] An investigation revealed that Jose had not fired his weapon. The AR-15 rifle Guerena pointed toward officers was found loaded, but with the safety engaged.

That's terrible that they got away with that with no arrests.  

Yeah, they were recently cleared of any wrongdoing. And just to make sure that the grieving family had things in perspective, the attorney for the SWAT team said, "This was all about a man who made bad choices and when you make bad choices to men who are armed, uniformed, and there for a lawful reason, bad things are going to happen."
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 06:04:55 AM

I'm Canadian..

It's what makes a person with a uniform good and a person without one bad. At least in America that's how it is.

At this point the five person team fired 71 rounds at Guerena in seven seconds, who died after being hit 22 times.[6][7] An investigation revealed that Jose had not fired his weapon. The AR-15 rifle Guerena pointed toward officers was found loaded, but with the safety engaged.

Yeah, they were recently cleared of any wrongdoing. And just to make sure that the grieving family had things in perspective, the attorney for the SWAT team said, "This was all about a man who made bad choices and when you make bad choices to men who are armed, uniformed, and there for a lawful reason, bad things are going to happen."

I'd like to think he's referring to the guy who fired the first shot, not the victim.  Of course it's a lawyer so... 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 06:12:07 AM

I'm Canadian..

I'd like to think he's referring to the guy who fired the first shot, not the victim.  Of course it's a lawyer so... 

Of course we would like to think that, but government gets away with murder more often than not.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 06:16:03 AM

the awareness of security is not just growing because of bitcoin, but because we are starting to wake up.  a record 1.53 millioni background checks for prospective gun buyers were made just last month: http://www.news10.net/news/article/168402/2/All-I-want-for-Christmas-is--a-gun

here's a question though.  suppose i want to acquire a weapon for protection should the shit hit the fan but do not want to keep it at my home unless conditions begin to deteriorate.  i would wait to make a purchase if i knew that there would inventory and a fair price when the time comes but i realize that by the time it is apparent that a weapon really is necessary, supply wouldn't even come close to meeting the demand.

would i be able to make the purchase now and just not take delivery until a future time?  maybe even for speculation purposes i'ld buy a couple extra?

does such a service exist?
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 06:39:42 AM

the awareness of security is not just growing because of bitcoin, but because we are starting to wake up.  a record 1.53 millioni background checks for prospective gun buyers were made just last month: http://www.news10.net/news/article/168402/2/All-I-want-for-Christmas-is--a-gun

here's a question though.  suppose i want to acquire a weapon for protection should the shit hit the fan but do not want to keep it at my home unless conditions begin to deteriorate.  i would wait to make a purchase if i knew that there would inventory and a fair price when the time comes but i realize that by the time it is apparent that a weapon really is necessary, supply wouldn't even come close to meeting the demand.

would i be able to make the purchase now and just not take delivery until a future time?  maybe even for speculation purposes i'ld buy a couple extra?

Nothing official that I know of. I'm sure a friend or someone would be able to hold on to it for you. But with something like a gun being delivered at the time you're talking about, I don't know that I would trust anyone else delivering it to me. I'm not sure of your reasons for not wanting it around, but if it's kids or someone else in the house finding it and using it, just get something like an AR-15 that can break down. The pieces could be kept in two or three different places. If a sudden natural or manmade disaster hits, you'll want it around. In addition, the purchase of a gun from a dealer will require a face to face transaction. My point is, unless you're able to really see the demand and catch it before it gets crazy, your gun may be gone. "Here's your 500 bucks back, someone 'accidentally' sold that AK of yours for 1400. Sorry." And if you want to speculate, now's the time. Gun prices go up around election time. They'll go up more if Obama's re-elected, and even more if we go to another war. AK's, AR's, and other semi-auto rifles are most affected. If you want to go the extra mile, get a Barrett. High capacity magazines (anything that holds more than ten rounds), .223 ammo, .45 ACP, and .380 will all be scarce and expensive when these things happen.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 07:30:59 PM

Nothing official that I know of. I'm sure a friend or someone would be able to hold on to it for you. But with something like a gun being delivered at the time you're talking about, I don't know that I would trust anyone else delivering it to me. I'm not sure of your reasons for not wanting it around, but if it's kids or someone else in the house finding it and using it, just get something like an AR-15 that can break down. The pieces could be kept in two or three different places. If a sudden natural or manmade disaster hits, you'll want it around. In addition, the purchase of a gun from a dealer will require a face to face transaction. My point is, unless you're able to really see the demand and catch it before it gets crazy, your gun may be gone. "Here's your 500 bucks back, someone 'accidentally' sold that AK of yours for 1400. Sorry." And if you want to speculate, now's the time. Gun prices go up around election time. They'll go up more if Obama's re-elected, and even more if we go to another war. AK's, AR's, and other semi-auto rifles are most affected. If you want to go the extra mile, get a Barrett. High capacity magazines (anything that holds more than ten rounds), .223 ammo, .45 ACP, and .380 will all be scarce and expensive when these things happen.

Although currently I'm not a gun owner, I had a friend, who passed recently, that own several dozen guns, many dating to the Civil War (US). His wife currently has them buried in the closet behind boxes, and other stuff, so that the grandchildren don't get into them. Her goal is to sell them but, until that time, I believe she should have them put up more securely due to those kids always being around.
koin
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 07:00:14 PM

I'm not sure of your reasons for not wanting it around

sharing a place with others, so it isn't my decision.

my timing was interesting.  ammo as a store of value: http://cdn1.ammo.net/media/images/infographics/Are-Guns-Ammo-New-Gold-Full-Infographic.jpg
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/infographic-are-guns-and-ammo-new-gold
koin
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:55:22 PM

necro thread, sorry.

i would wait to make a purchase if i knew that there would inventory and a fair price when the time comes but i realize that by the time it is apparent that a weapon really is necessary, supply wouldn't even come close to meeting the demand.

well, that was prescient.    though today holding the 100 bitcoins worth $150 each instead of a spending the 100 bitcoins back then on a "paper" gun (a gun owned by me but stored by the person i bought it from) has me in a better position thanks to the 30X or more increase in the exchange rate where i could now afford to get a "better spot in line" from a dealer.

but the situation is getting worse.

it only took the wall street journal four months to report on this story: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1408493_So_GE_Capital_has_pulled_financing_from_Bud_s_Gun_shop_.html     (december)  and  http://www.teaparty.org/ge-capital-cuts-off-lending-to-gun-shops-23417/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:02:09 PM

I never lock my home, the keys to my F250 are on the dash, either in the driveway or on the public street, and my Bitcoin resides in Instawallet. One of my warehouses has never been locked while the other is locked only half the time. What am I missing here?

GULP!
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:05:24 PM

necro thread, sorry.

i would wait to make a purchase if i knew that there would inventory and a fair price when the time comes but i realize that by the time it is apparent that a weapon really is necessary, supply wouldn't even come close to meeting the demand.

well, that was prescient.    though today holding the 100 bitcoins worth $150 each instead of a spending the 100 bitcoins back then on a "paper" gun (a gun owned by me but stored by the person i bought it from) has me in a better position thanks to the 30X or more increase in the exchange rate where i could now afford to get a "better spot in line" from a dealer.

but the situation is getting worse.

it only took the wall street journal four months to report on this story: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1408493_So_GE_Capital_has_pulled_financing_from_Bud_s_Gun_shop_.html     (december)  and  http://www.teaparty.org/ge-capital-cuts-off-lending-to-gun-shops-23417/

I'm glad I held on to mine too. Although my predictions about gun prices and ammo were dead on. A few months ago, you could've sold $700 rifles for $2000 or more. And ammo is still hard to come by.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: