Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:17:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes cost of living still high in Nigeria when dollars loose value.  (Read 261 times)
Lambugini

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 06:19:31 PM

Na we Nigerian dey make cost of living dey high for us. Is only in Nigeria that I see that what ever thing that the price goes up will never come down instead will still go more upper. When things are costly we should know that things are costly but when the price reduced too we should know that the price have reduced. But for Nigeria, na lie ooo. Is not like that at all. Check pure water for instance, some people is selling 1 pure water for #30, while some are selling for #50. Now check #30 by #20 is #600. Check #50 by 20 is #1000. Then how much is a bag of pure water. So please my people, let's try to help ourselves to reduce the high cost of living in our country.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ever-young

Activity: 1176
Merit: 165

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2024, 09:17:43 AM

I'm surprised when dollars loses value and the cost of things still remains high. now dollars have dropped a little but still yet the cost of goods in the market still Sky rocket, I don't understand the reason why dollar drop and cost things are still high, some time I wonder if Nigerians are using dollar purchase in the local market. what makes me worried soo much is our local food,the seller keep telling me dollar have increased, now dollar has been slash down a little the cost of living still remains the same.what is happening to my people.

For me, I will say dollar wasn't the cause why things are very costly, we are the ones that are increasing the price of things ourselves but blaming dollar, now that dollar has fall, who are going to put the blame on? The government or who? We are too greedy and selfish that is why we find it difficult to reduce the price of things even the price of transportation, to enable others to live a comfortable life but yet some of us enjoy seeing others to suffer and to continue begging especially the traders, who sell food stuffs, they know too well that we can't do without food, so they use the opportunity of rise of dollar to get what they want, so as dollar reduces, they don't want to reduce the price but forgetting nothing lasts forever, gain will come and go, money will also come and go, so let's help each other and be our brother's keeper.

Derekfunds

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 12:02:52 PM

Your are totally right the increase of dollar has been a very big challenge to this country because even now that dollar has fallen things still remains the same instead of getting better, even now dollar has fall the price of things is still getting bigger every month I don't really know exactly what is making the price very high in Nigeria when dollar has fall.
Zanab247

Activity: 1190
Merit: 124

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 03:05:22 PM

Quote from: Bonny070
]
what makes me worried soo much is our local food,the seller keep telling me dollar have increased, now dollar has been slash down a little the cost of living still remains the same.what is happening to my people.
I guess the price of fuel, is what still make the price of things to remain high since the price of dollar has depreciated to naira and the price of commodities still remain the same in the market, but if the federal government can bring the price of fuel down to #300 per liter, it will surely affect the sellers to reduce the price of goods and services in the country.

Those sellers still telling you is dollar that still make the price of local  food items high in the market, tell the person that the naira has appreciation to #1,200 to dollar that made the price of items to remain unchanged in the market, and the government has fight to closed down some cryptocurrency exchange in Nigeria for the price of commodities to reduce  but the cost of living is still higher in the land.

If the government can work on the price of fuel, the price of goods and services will begin to dump for people to begin to live a normal life that will not be stressing them to spend too much on food items and other things in the country.

Samlucky O

Activity: 280
Merit: 200

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2024, 03:39:05 PM

A trader that bought goods when dollars was at ₦1800 and now dollars dey ₦1200 you no go expect am to dey sell at the rate of ₦1200 because na at a lost him dey sell so and there's no guarantee say after him sell finish say dollars go stay stable for am to restock him goods. Dollars self fit go rise to ₦1500 or more. If dollar rise him dun lose in two ways and if he continues like that he'll run out of funds and also out of business.
In addition to wetting you dey talk, I see am say why cost of living still high even as dollar to Naira dey drop, na because of the citizen. Why I say na citizens na because every thing we dey produce for this country sopos cheap since na locally made product wey we no dey import. But the citizens chose to sell their products high and dem go put the blame on dollar to naira. Emagine garri sellers from the rural areas wey been dey sell garri for cheap price don increase am say dollar to naira don rise so garri go cost. Every other sector for the economy dey capitalise on naira to dollar even when dollar don come down E no concern dem. People forget say na lowering the price of good and rendering of low service Naim dey control inflation and deflation, when people decide to bring down price of their products down E go make sence. Another problem be say no unity among citizens. If Mr a decide say his goods price go come down, Mr B fit decide say him own no go sell equally like Mr A. So if government go fit bring price regulation control team to dey regulate price starting from petrol and other production sector like agriculture and so on, you go see say price go come down by force and if price don come down E go gradually stablize dollar to Naira.

MorganaX

Activity: 44
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 04:07:29 PM

I'm surprised when dollars loses value and the cost of things still remains high. now dollars have dropped a little but still yet the cost of goods in the market still Sky rocket, I don't understand the reason why dollar drop and cost things are still high, some time I wonder if Nigerians are using dollar purchase in the local market. what makes me worried soo much is our local food,the seller keep telling me dollar have increased, now dollar has been slash down a little the cost of living still remains the same.what is happening to my people.

I'm not actually surprised if the cost of living is still high well I will say Nigeria is confused

When dollar increased the price of everything skyrocketly increased and I was surprised when even garri increase price too and began to ask myself if we are importing garri too
If you go to the market then and get angry because of the sudden increase they will say it's dollar now dollar has reduced value and things go not getting any better

If I should blame anybody I'll blame the masses because they are the once increasing these things just to make profit
Well I won't actually put all the blame on them because they are trying to make ends meet for them and their families
Belarge

Activity: 406
Merit: 84

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 08:52:38 PM

Your are totally right the increase of dollar has been a very big challenge to this country because even now that dollar has fallen things still remains the same instead of getting better, even now dollar has fall the price of things is still getting bigger every month I don't really know exactly what is making the price very high in Nigeria when dollar has fall.
We should careful because none of us would be happy when we're recording huge losses in the system. Always be on the safer side and avoid the insignificant projects and unwise moves to make. The increase in dollar is as a result of the depreciation of the naira currency. It's been a tough time for Nigerians, everyone is fighting for the betterment of the country because everyone wished to have a smooth running business but it's never going to be easy knowing the couple of dangers we encountered.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: