Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:03:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I combine Bitcoin Asic hashboard with the top L3 board  (Read 42 times)
Bonetcx (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2024, 09:54:33 PM

Hello..thank you for your time. I have a question

Can I combine Bitcoin Asic hashboard with the top L3 board to mine LTC???

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
Patikno

Activity: 86
Merit: 48

If you know, you know!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 02:42:37 PM

Not in the right place, maybe you'll get an answer in:
Mining
Mining (Altcoins)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4505

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 08:30:23 PM

the mainboard(controller board) that connects the hashboards are different for bitcoin asic vs ltc asic. so its not just a firmware update, you need to create a whole new mainboard ..or patch things together using a third board, then redesign the chassis box to get it to all fit snug and not overheat each other.. (a whole R&D process)

in short, far more simple to just buy 2 devices and keep them separate as the R&D costs to make them compatible in one unit with one controller board would waste time,effort and cost of any advantage you would hope to achieve

for instance the litecoin device emulates(in design and aesthetics of a) a personal WI-fi router so might aswell just use LTC miner as your home wifi router and then have your btc asic connect through the router to reach the internet

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: