Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:56:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mispadu - banking trojan and infostealer target crypto exchanges across LATAM  (Read 73 times)
Jating (OP)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
April 04, 2024, 10:36:53 AM
Merited by hugeblack (2), DdmrDdmr (2)

Mispadu, a supposedly banking trojan and infostealer that targets LATAM has evolved itself and now venturing not just in that region but other European as well and it also includes crypto exchanges in their crosshair.

Sample phishing email sent by the threat actor, which include a PDF attachment that contains the malware as it will download a ZIP file through a URL shortener service.

Below are the target crypto exchanges,

And this is the two Bitcoin addresses associated with the cyber criminals,

• bc1qn5fwarp0wesjahyaavj3zpzawsh3mp0mpuw94n
  • bc1qzcdrhp30eztexrmyvz5dwuyzzqyylq5muuyllf

The first address has close to 1 BTC already.

This address has transacted 62 times on the Bitcoin blockchain. It has received a total of 0.82939740 BTC $55,022.77 and has sent a total of 0.82937010 BTC $55,020.96 The current value of this address is 0.00002730 BTC $1.81.

https://blog.morphisec.com/mispadu-infiltration-beyond-latam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 588
Merit: 409

View Profile
April 04, 2024, 11:00:25 AM

Any form of attack can spread across the world, mostly on regions where it is not being predominant, this will make them achieve their goals in seeing that they have a larger coverage to the areas being affected of their evil activities, we should have the intention of getting informations from reliable sources daily, in other to help us get informed on the recent mode of attack scammers are using to steal from people, information is our first security measures.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
promise444c5

Activity: 280
Merit: 133

Keep Promises !

View Profile
April 04, 2024, 03:18:32 PM

~
In short, if i could interpret this clearly that this phishing attack is being done through electronic mail , then i think we would all agree that we need to stop(if we are used to it )  downloading  attachment  from an unknown or unverified source  as it could  be an attack and my cost you fortune or maybe debt  Tongue

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3643

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2024, 02:06:46 AM

I think that most cryptocurrency exchanges require two-factor authentication, so even if this trojan was able to obtain information such as email and password, it still needs a two-factor authentication code to log into the account. Therefore, I think that it aims to collect more data about users than stealing their balances. It is better to have a separate device that you use it to conduct banking transactions/connect to cryptocurrency exchanges and not to click on unknown links or download any file.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
promise444c5

Activity: 280
Merit: 133

Keep Promises !

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 10:12:03 AM

I think that most cryptocurrency exchanges require two-factor authentication, so even if this trojan was able to obtain information such as email and password, it still needs a two-factor authentication code to log into the account. Therefore, I think that it aims to collect more data about users than stealing their balances. It is better to have a separate device that you use it to conduct banking transactions/connect to cryptocurrency exchanges and not to click on unknown links or download any file.
Yes  cryptocurrency  exchanges require two-facto authentication  for confirmation  of every  transaction made , so if it  only  get information about user password and email  then I will consider it as a phisher but I don't  think this 2-facto authentication is compulsory  so advice and awareness should also be created towards the usage of two-facto authentication which should  not be limited  to Exchange in the first place.

Dave1

Activity: 1302
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 10:25:11 AM

Yes, but we all know that this scammers might as well get over the 2FA, How Attackers Bypass Two-factor Authentication (2FA).

So there is still a possibility that we can lose our money with this infostealer that goes after our exchanges data.

But I do agree, we can't stress that enough, we should have at least separate device for our crypto and banking transactions so prevent this kind of attack.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2024, 01:36:11 PM

Therefore, I think that it aims to collect more data about users than stealing their balances. It is better to have a separate device that you use it to conduct banking transactions/connect to cryptocurrency exchanges and not to click on unknown links or download any file.
Based on the article above, the main payload allows the malware to collect data from browsers and e-mail messages. So the goal is definitely to steal sensitive data. 2FA might help but if they use a browser add-on to manage their 2FA it might be useless. Not to mention if the services they use only support verification from e-mail messages. Using a different device to manage 2FA probably helps a little bit, but it is still a waste since your passwords and other sensitive data might already be in the attacker's hands. CMIIW.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███