Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:33:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My trustwallet of $211,000 has been stolen, any help or advice is appreciated  (Read 406 times)
Mate2237

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2024, 09:59:30 PM

It might not be your fault, since Trust Wallet can be easily hacked but it is seems like you know the right ways of saving your funds but I don't know why still stick with Trust Wallet but hope you are going for a more better wallet or at least a good hardware wallet like Trezor.

Hope your Mom gets better soon, the is your strength, I see you already did made a post in their ANN thread base on MusaMohamed which will get to their notice faster
I guess I'll need to move my bitcoin again, didn't know that Trust Wallet is that easy to bypass that they can just easily take away the funds in someone's wallet that easy? Kind of ironic that, you name your product as Trust Wallet but then you as a hodler can't trust to put your funds in there, I guess the plan to move it all to a safer Electrum wallet is going to be a priority to me now, prevention is better than cure. I hope that OP finds out the perpetrator and I think that with the resources that you've put into this, you've increased your chances of recovering that stolen funds if not find out who's the scammer. One thing that you've got to understand about this though, once they uncover that it's people outside of the country that you're in, you're going to have a hard time pinning them down because you're going to need the help of the country of origin of the hacker, if you're lucky they might make a move and arrest or seize that person or group behind the hack.
It was like a song in the forum that nobody should keep coins in trustwallet because it is a custodial wallet which is prone to hacked at anytime. There are two places you don't have to store.or keep your coins. Trustwallet and Exchanges. Some people so much exchanges that whatever they have they would use it to buy Bitcoin and store it in the exchange wallet. And I think what happened in the my with Binance is a good example . Although nobody lost coin there but Binance disabled the fiat currency p2p and  You can't sell again and assuming Binance was not a reputable company and they run away with your coins like others do? What will you do? So we advise people to use electrum and other non custodial wallets.

Don't use anything centralized exchanges or wallet to keep your coins in the cryptocurrency world.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀