Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Largest DEX receives wells notice from the SEC  (Read 268 times)
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4283

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2024, 02:31:43 PM

Uniswap will be managed centrally, so sooner or later the authorities will require them to adhere to minimum identity verification and anti-money laundering procedures, which means requesting more data from all users.
I don't know if Uniswap will comply or not but I think some users will have no problem with that.
Uniswap is not a mixer, but simply an exchanger of some tokens for others within the same wallet.
What worries me most is how long Uniswap can continue with the legal procedures. Uniswap Labs' annual revenue is around $20 million. Their revenue is less than PancakeSwap, and I do not think it is enough to go into the details of a long trial if there is serious evidence against them.

https://blockworks.co/news/top-defi-protocols-by-revenue

PancakeSwap and Maker seem to be in a better position.
Before the SEC sends Wells notice to the companies, then the commissioners vote. If the majority wins, the Wells notice is sent to the company. The uniswap company now has 30 days to try to present its case and not bring the matter to trial.
If there is a trial, the case will get a lot of press coverage and other similar companies will help Uniswap as much as possible because it is in their best interest to do so

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
April 18, 2024, 02:06:23 AM

@zasad@. I wish there will be a trial. Similar to Ripple's case, the cryptospace needs another precedent to limit uncle Gary's regulation through enforcement tactic. Also, we need another market pump hheheehhe.

However, if the judge rules for the case of the SEC and declares that Uniswap should stop allowing American citizens from using the DEX, what can the government do if a person inside the American jurisdiction uses a VPN and continue trading on Uniswap? How can the SEC stop self custody of their tokens?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2024, 09:07:23 AM

@zasad@. I wish there will be a trial. Similar to Ripple's case, the cryptospace needs another precedent to limit uncle Gary's regulation through enforcement tactic. Also, we need another market pump hheheehhe.

However, if the judge rules for the case of the SEC and declares that Uniswap should stop allowing American citizens from using the DEX, what can the government do if a person inside the American jurisdiction uses a VPN and continue trading on Uniswap? How can the SEC stop self custody of their tokens?
If this case goes to court, my guess is that it will last at least 1 year. And then you have to look at what fines will be imposed on the company. Banning the use of the service by citizens of certain countries and blocking it by IP address do not work. For now I hope that an agreement will be reached between SEC and Uniswap.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2024, 03:19:42 AM

@zasad@. An agreement will only put everything on the cryptospace into a legal grey area. If uncle Gary's decisions are to always attack the cryptospace by regulation through enforcement, it will certainly be much better to go to trial and get a judge's ruling. I predict Hayden will not listen to the SEC and he is ready to go to court with his lawyers. We can be quite certain that he expected this already.

How Ripple can help Uniswap in its clash against the SEC

What lessons should Uniswap take from Ripple’s resilience amidst the SEC’s rising scrutiny?

Source https://ambcrypto.com/bnb-beats-the-market-crash-heres-what-you-should-know/

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2024, 11:31:39 AM

@zasad@. An agreement will only put everything on the cryptospace into a legal grey area. If uncle Gary's decisions are to always attack the cryptospace by regulation through enforcement, it will certainly be much better to go to trial and get a judge's ruling. I predict Hayden will not listen to the SEC and he is ready to go to court with his lawyers. We can be quite certain that he expected this already.

How Ripple can help Uniswap in its clash against the SEC

What lessons should Uniswap take from Ripple’s resilience amidst the SEC’s rising scrutiny?

Source https://ambcrypto.com/bnb-beats-the-market-crash-heres-what-you-should-know/
First of all, this trial is very expensive, if you look at the experience of Ripple. As long as there is a standard procedure, it is very difficult to say what will be favorable for Uniswap.

Of course, Uniswap will have the opportunity to assert its rights in court, and most likely the trial will be very long and very costly for the company.

I'm waiting for the standard 30 days to see how this stage ends.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2024, 05:32:58 AM

@zasad@. However, if they do nothing and the SEC begins winning against Uniswap, Coinbase and other decentralized exchanges, similar to our argument before, the SEC can start requiring the cryptospace protocols to register with the government to get a broker license, a license to hold assets similar to a bank and for users they will demand KYC for each wallet used. This will certainly kill the purpose of DeFi.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2024, 01:07:57 PM

@zasad@. However, if they do nothing and the SEC begins winning against Uniswap, Coinbase and other decentralized exchanges, similar to our argument before, the SEC can start requiring the cryptospace protocols to register with the government to get a broker license, a license to hold assets similar to a bank and for users they will demand KYC for each wallet used. This will certainly kill the purpose of DeFi.
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the whole procedure of working with Wells notice, but I am sure that there is an active work in progress, but we will know the results later.

I remember the history of Uniswap, and this protocol was made by a US engineer who got into programming. The company is registered in the US and this is a problem for them.

I don't think that DeFi will stop developing under the pressure of SEC, it is more likely that the companies will leave the US market.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██