Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:39:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid these crypto investment mistakes  (Read 142 times)
Inior (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 12:20:23 PM
Merited by Hatchy (1), Makus (1), Grace333 (1)

Hello fam, please read closely e get one wise quote, way I like so much " a stitch in time saves nine" for this investment game no body know everything all at once , we are all Learners , and trust me, we go continue to dey learn and also dey adapt as long as say na this investment game. Normally e get some mistakes way we dey make as investors normally , nine make I say make I bring them to the table so we go fit educate ourselves  and also improve our investment skills. The first most common investment  mistake way most of us dey make na

•un-diversified portfolio:  this one just dey like putting all your eggs in 😂 one basket. Which means say anything way sup for that basket go affect all your eggs. So make we try to spread our investment across other reasonable assets.  then another major investment mistake na

• timing the market: This one done really affect many people, way be say them no dey fit hold investment or wait for the right time to invest. This matter way I dey talk so , done make some people sell some kind assets way them suppose hold for maturity too early, and also make some people go buy too early, so make we just allow the market do em thing, because these big moves way we dey find , to be honest, e dey take time.
And then the last major mistake na

•In-adequate research: This one na to dey make investment decisions without proper research and strategy, one thing we suppose know na say we need to understand how this thing works, no be magic, we need to go into comprehensive research to get the best out of our investments.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvelockg

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 12:47:54 PM
Merited by Troytech (5), Amphenomenon (1), Obim34 (1)

•un-diversified portfolio:  this one just dey like putting all your eggs in 😂 one basket. Which means say anything way sup for that basket go affect all your eggs. So make we try to spread our investment across other reasonable assets.  then another major investment mistake na
if you diversify your investment wrongly, you might end up investing into different project that have failed before arrival. For me, it's best to stick to probably a single investment option which is bitcoin if you're considering investjng in the long run. At the moment, thier is no indication that suggest that bitcoin will go down and never come up again, from it current trend and with the increasing level of adoption, it's clear that if you choose to only invest in Bitcoin, it's not same as putting all your eggs in one basket and it will even help you to stack up more Bitcoin if you put all your investible resource into it rather than shifting part of them into some altcoins and meme coin that might end up crashing in no time.

I'm not unaware about how some of this altcoins do double up to 100% and some persons have been lucky to benefit from them but that's always good for a temporary point of view and wouldn't work well if you're considering investing into different crypto asset for the long run.

• timing the market: This one done really affect many people, way be say them no dey fit hold investment or wait for the right time to invest. This matter way I dey talk so , done make some people sell some kind assets way them suppose hold for maturity too early, and also make some people go buy too early, so make we just allow the market do em thing, because these big moves way we dey find , to be honest, e dey take time.
maybe this is coming from a trading point of view and if that's the case, I understand how important it is to analyse when best to buy and to know the right time to sell but if you're considering building a strong portfolio, then you shouldn't be too fucosed on over timing the market to know when is the best time to buy. It will do one of this two things; it's either it will slow than the quantity of your stack or you will have to keep waiting for the price to dip to a convenient entry point for you only to discover that the Bitcoin price is only going all way up.

•In-adequate research: This one na to dey make investment decisions without proper research and strategy, one thing we suppose know na say we need to understand how this thing works, no be magic, we need to go into comprehensive research to get the best out of our investments.
doing the needed research puts you in a good position where you don't get moved about what people are saying because you already have your fact all sorted out and it gives you the emotional intelligence to hold up your crypto asset for long so yeah, if you miss out on doing the right research, you might have some issues along your investment journey.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Barikui1

Activity: 182
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 12:53:07 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2024, 01:27:20 PM by Barikui1

Hello fam, please read closely e get one wise quote, way I like so much " a stitch in time saves nine" for this investment game no body know everything all at once , we are all Learners , and trust me, we go continue to dey learn and also dey adapt as long as say na this investment game. Normally e get some mistakes way we dey make as investors normally , nine make I say make I bring them to the table so we go fit educate ourselves  and also improve our investment skills. The first most common investment  mistake way most of us dey make na

•un-diversified portfolio:  this one just dey like putting all your eggs in 😂 one basket. Which means say anything way sup for that basket go affect all your eggs. So make we try to spread our investment across other reasonable assets.  then another major investment mistake na

Diversification : My brother I get ur point clearly but in the crypto space, diversifying your investment no make sense, you know why? Because their is no substitute to Bitcoin, almost all those alt and shit coin out their na scam, and if anything happens to Bitcoin, e go affect all other coin.

Timing the market : bro, you no need to time the market as you are a long term holder of Bitcoin, because as long as you dy accumulate am through the DCA method, bro, you go always dey at a profit if you are a long term holder, because the current market value of Bitcoin today is no where near it potential price in the future, just think of it limited supply, and you go understand wetin I dy talk.

Inadequate research : bro, as long as the crypto industry is concerned, Bitcoin remains the most trusted and reliable asset to invest in, I no think say you need to do any research, but if you must do any research, na to just gain more knowledge about it, nothing more, I believe say the research you dy talk about na for most of this alt and shit coin, and to tell you the truth, you will eventually get burn by investing in any of this coin, aside Bitcoin, so my brother, think wisely and act smart.

Amphenomenon

Activity: 504
Merit: 326

Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2024, 04:49:14 PM

Marvelockg have said everything I will actually like to speak about.
To be frank investing only on bitcoin is better than any form of diversifying investment in bitcoin, don't listen those who speak about diversifying portfolio in cryptocurrency especially when you are new to crypto space because even those who are experienced in the Crypto space still suffer from this when they invest on shit and scam projects, just stick with bitcoin.

Inadequate research : bro, as long as the crypto industry is concerned, Bitcoin remains the most trusted and reliable asset to invest in, I no think say you need to do any research, but if you must do any research, na to just gain more knowledge about it, nothing more, I believe say the research you dy talk about na for most of this alt and shit coin, and to tell you the truth, you will eventually get burn by investing in any of this coin, aside Bitcoin, so my brother, think wisely and act smart.
Actually no Matter if you're investing on bitcoin or altcoins you need research and that's why you see advices here on BTT for reasons to do your own research DYOR.

Just imagine say person ask u why u dey invest in bitcoin but your only reply na bcos person tell you about am, if u put this person wey ask you this question for high regard even above the person wey make you invest in bitcoin and he/she cor say make you nor invest in bitcoin again say you go lost your money, you go likely stop your bitcoin  investment bcos you nor get actual knowledge to defend your bitcoin investment.

Another thing be say you need continous research to tel protect your coins.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Jegileman

Activity: 322
Merit: 168

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 05:24:17 PM
Merited by EL MOHA (2)

No be say e no good to diversify your portfolio, but doing that no mean say you go achieve wetin you want without not investing in the right coins wey deserve the diversification. If you wan make your investment grow through diversification, you suppose research on other coins wey you wan invest into and make e no just be anyhow coin. E better to stick to one coin to earn some amount of profit than diversifying and ending up not making any profit.

To be honest, no body fit time the market and get it at their finger tip 100%. You just have to watch out for the right time to invest, looking and following the market trend at that time before taking an investment decision. You cannot always get it right, that is why e better make you use strategy like DCA in order to get a better result at the end of the day by buying timely.

Research dey very good for investment and e dey help to decide the right coin wey you suppose invest on before taking that step. Research gives you an insight on how the coin you’re trying to invest in is qualitative for the long or short time. If a project is not clear and convincing enough to put money into, no talk say you wan try your luck make you come lose out on everything including your capital. It it’s not clear, don’t invest.

Obim34

Activity: 224
Merit: 202

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 10:05:45 PM

I cannot counter all what you have listed,it is based on what you believe, nice one tho, but let me say something. Diversification is not always a necessity, their are people who wants nothing to do with Altcoins, like they do not give a fuck if the price of this Altcoins skyrocket so they have nothing to diversify, they believe solely in Bitcoin. We consider the implementation of diversifying our investment when we dealing mostly with lots of Altcoins, since there is high risk of losing funds. It Is considered wise for every investors to hold good portion of Bitcoin before thinking about diversification, we diversify our Altcoins investment not on Bitcoin.

Kwarkam

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 12:41:29 AM

About diversification of investment, be aware not to over diversify your investment, as you could end up splitting allocations that could go into Bitcoin with too many investments, some of them which may be failed enterprises, and you end up having smaller Bitcoin holdings than you should. Diversification is key, just like the saying goes, not to put your eggs in one basket, but if the basket is Bitcoin, oga, put am. 😂
You need to know what it is that you're investing in, and it's authenticity and reliability.

One thing I'd like to add is that before going into Bitcoin, know that you need a steady reliable source of income to be able to fund your investment with, so that you will have no need to touch your coins before the allotted time.
And if you want the best of Bitcoin, it goes with long term investment, buying and accumulating, rather than trading.
Churchillvv

Activity: 378
Merit: 166

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2024, 07:27:50 AM

Hello fam, please read closely e get one wise quote, way I like so much " a stitch in time saves nine" for this investment game no body know everything all at once , we are all Learners , and trust me, we go continue to dey learn and also dey adapt as long as say na this investment game. Normally e get some mistakes way we dey make as investors normally , nine make I say make I bring them to the table so we go fit educate ourselves  and also improve our investment skills. The first most common investment  mistake way most of us dey make na

Diversification is very important for ones investment life whether na cryptocurrencies or any other investment diversification is very important but it's only required when one already have enough investment, like for example; you cannot have a hundred dollars investment in bitcoin and be thinking of diversion because it's not yet worth to diversify but when start having life thousands of dollars in an investment then you can start think of investing in other areas of business or other cryptocurrency.

Since market time has been a big issue in the crypto space, the investment strategies has been developed to control our investments market timing. If you DCA, Lump Sum or buy the dips you will reduce the rate at which you worry for market timing.

AVE5

Activity: 154
Merit: 39

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 08:00:25 AM

To me the first mistake to be considered before venturing in any of the coins is
1, Coin research; Before engaging on any of the coins, you must research to personally understand the potentials of the coins and also the coins popularity adoptions so that you don't fall into trend and dump coins. Most coins may have p profitable potentials that may last in just a short while and you could be unlucky to bump into the coin at the late time when the coin is already flopping.
Some coins are only hyped in disguised but of zero values.

2, Lack of disciplines; Lot of investors are fond of spending off their profits ignorantly believing that they've already secured their capital so in no case can they count lost in their investments. They're envious and wondering how others are progressing better than them meanwhile they fails to understand that their investment strategies differs. Instead of accumulating more to your asset holding from the incomes they've made, they chooses to withdraw it off with the tasty of being in need.
So likely they could shutdown their investment due to lack of orientations and hastening to make external expenditures from their investments which doesn't have the potentials of bringing more incomes. Just at any little cause they extracts from their incomes which could lead to investment breakdown.

3; Diversification of investment; Some Investors are much comfortable leaning on just one source of income simply because it has the potential capacities of yielding to them incomes meanwhile they ignorant the other side of it that sometimes the market may not be fairing favourable well and should be given some periods of time to regain its value again.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Manlikefrank1

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 10:01:32 AM

One thing I know for sure before engaging in a crypto trading or investment you need to have the basic foundation about the smart money and not an inform person in the crypto system.you need to have done your visibility studies to know how it work and done your background check and research and your should know making mistakes help us to learn but there are some mistakes that cost a lot and we can loss a lot and not been able to recover.so Atleast let have the the basic knowledge before engaging in anything crypto trading or investing.we have to be crucial about that because of how the market system work.
Gozie51

Activity: 2464
Merit: 621

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 04:10:26 PM

This one wey you dey talk na wetin dem dey call selling early and I don't know if we go also call am as mistake but for me I no go regard am as mistake oo because at least the person wey sell at a price higher than the price wey him buy the coin don also make profit no matter how much profit wey him make so long as him get ROI from the buying price. So therefore, if you sell early for me no be mistake. It means either the person get need for money or the person dey feel say price go drop for correction and so dem want sell collect the initial profit and then look for another DCA. I don see person wey don dey lucky to dey accumulate coins base on DCA . But if person sell and make profit, that one no be mistake even say him sell early and the purpose fit be for DCA but if him no see lower price to enter again, e no still mean say na mistake but the person no maximize him profit.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Marykeller

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2024, 04:16:17 PM

For peso wey put all eggs for one basket wey be bitcoin no do bad thing nah cos having Bitcoin as the only investment made will be regarded as a good investment strategy because Bitcoin has the tendency to give a huge profits in the long run compare with other altcoins.

The reason why most investors they have a diversified investment na because of profits, like if this coin no give much profits, the other ones go give. No matter how the market boom rich, na bitcoin be the main coin wey the control other altcoins cos wherever em go for price(increase or decrease) all the altcoins go follow am

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
odunybiz

Activity: 616
Merit: 122

Epsiloan Protocol

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 10:58:30 PM

One thing I know for sure before engaging in a crypto trading or investment you need to have the basic foundation about the smart money and not an inform person in the crypto system.you need to have done your visibility studies to know how it work and done your background check and research and your should know making mistakes help us to learn but there are some mistakes that cost a lot and we can loss a lot and not been able to recover.so Atleast let have the the basic knowledge before engaging in anything crypto trading or investing.we have to be crucial about that because of how the market system work.

Making research is the problem most people have. Crypto are taken as side hustle by most people. So we mainly engage more on our main job  making it impossible for research to be made. Some are even lazy for that. All they want is already made job to tap from. In any business one want to engage in, it's better you make good research on them so as not to invest ones capital into a wrong ideas.

Perfectbaby

Activity: 80
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 13, 2024, 12:52:42 AM

You don try like this but  make i tell you one thing, having many assets around does not show that you have secured your investment rather you have created more holes to quickly sink down your hand earn money so easily. So to me having only one better investment wey go yield you better profits is more better than splitting your investment across shitcoin that won't add any reason value to you than emptying your funds.
For references; you can buy and hold bitcoin at least it has been proven for decades now and have been gaining more attention across the globe than you saying of digging holes to go sink your money.
rachael9385

Activity: 434
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2024, 07:24:30 AM

Op, wisdom also tell us say diversifying your funds na one of the way to get yourself distracted with too many coins wey go fit still bring loss no matter the research wey you do. I know of many people wey just focus on only one coin after them don find out say that coin get better potential for life, them go just use all their funds for investment take shook body inside the coin, and then dey cash out real time. Since I start my Bitcoin holding untill now, I know how much profit wey I don get, if to say I diversify e get as e for be, because no coin don make that same bull wey Bitcoin give.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Zigabel

Activity: 238
Merit: 152

Duelbits.com

View Profile
April 13, 2024, 03:58:51 PM

All This your points dey very much valid but the problem na to keep to them, e go surprise you say many people fit know all these things wey u mentioned but na to keep to am be dia wahala because them no get the discipline to keep to am like d one u talk about to sell asset quick, some people dem dey do base on dem no get patience while the others dey do am based on hunger, dem fit broke now, dem go rush go sell dia assets make dem fit survive so e good say as you dey invest get another thing wey dey give you money wey you go dey use hold your side if not you go still see say you no fit jeep to all dis rules dem even if you Sabi dem

If you get something else wey u dey do e go help you get d enablement to diversify your portfolio and also to fit hold your assets for long time make e mature before you go come go sell am but if you no get wetin u dey do and all ur money na investment den e go hard to fit maintain that investment.

Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 182
Merit: 25

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
April 15, 2024, 11:15:55 AM

Op, wisdom also tell us say diversifying your funds na one of the way to get yourself distracted with too many coins wey go fit still bring loss no matter the research wey you do. I know of many people wey just focus on only one coin after them don find out say that coin get better potential for life, them go just use all their funds for investment take shook body inside the coin, and then dey cash out real time. Since I start my Bitcoin holding untill now, I know how much profit wey I don get, if to say I diversify e get as e for be, because no coin don make that same bull wey Bitcoin give.

Diversification I no condemn but I will just point out one thing out when you invest a  capital in full and when you divide it if you use simple interest in maths you will find out that the interest it generate with differs and you will loss more than when in bunk been invested. Diversification is only and basically for those who may show interest to such because for me I don't see it as good one it increase your think over various issue of losses and reduces your benefits why is invested in full. As long as shiltcoin and some altcoin is concerned one don't need to stressed itself because it's has been tested and seeing the capacity as many can't withstand the market forces.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: