Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BingX exchange openly supports Iranian users, defying US sanctions  (Read 104 times)
Saucemann (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2024, 03:28:17 PM

Since the Binance money laundry case i've been following up cryptocurrency exchanges news and I just came across the news that one of the ones I use mainly-BingX, is enabling Iranian Rial to Tether trades? The question is, will terrorists be using their platform to launder money? Does this make BingX support terrorism indirectly?

Most other exchanges have this region restricted so I thought this was interesting move from their end. Would this be considered a OFAC violation? Any risk from this?

News source: https://twitter.com/Cointelegraph/status/1778876995444617257

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2024, 04:04:09 PM

Since the Binance money laundry case i've been following up cryptocurrency exchanges news and I just came across the news that one of the ones I use mainly-BingX, is enabling Iranian Rial to Tether trades? The question is, will terrorists be using their platform to launder money? Does this make BingX support terrorism indirectly?

Most other exchanges have this region restricted so I thought this was interesting move from their end. Would this be considered a OFAC violation? Any risk from this?

News source: https://twitter.com/Cointelegraph/status/1778876995444617257

it's a Lithuanian exchange. unless the country doesn't have its sovereignty and is just under the colony of the US then they can call it defying US sanctions but did the US really warn them not to allow Iranians?

seem fine after all, the users submit KYC. we seem to be preaching BTC is freedom but when it comes to the Iranians, we don't want them to have this freedom?

people in that country are about to engage in a war, i think they deserve to get to save their wealth. it wouldn't be bad to have some humanity.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1663

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2024, 06:26:16 PM

I have never agreed with anything the Iranians have done, in respect to inner and outer politics, but Bitcoin belongs to everyone. Either we all have this freedom or none of us do. Exceptions create corruption.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
R1dwanRz

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 14, 2024, 04:21:18 PM

I actually wanted to use that cex since they have been hosting some events. Now if I think about it after seeing your post, does it still mean it's a safer cex?

I heard that if the U.S goes full force on this, it will be a nightmare for every user who has been holding assets on their cex for trading.
Bournesparks

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2024, 05:13:49 AM

I actually wanted to use that cex since they have been hosting some events. Now if I think about it after seeing your post, does it still mean it's a safer cex?

I heard that if the U.S goes full force on this, it will be a nightmare for every user who has been holding assets on their cex for trading.

I'm also worried about the outcome, considering what they're doing is restricted by the SEC and might open up pathways to illicit funding and even terror. I think this should be checkmated ASAP, but before then, switching to a more policy compliance platform won't do no harm just to be on the safer side..🤷
Jascrypt

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2024, 06:28:19 AM

The aftermath of @SECgov on any echange hasn't been palatable and to stay SAfU; one need to look for a good alternative before the situation gets worse and the right call will be looking for exchanges that are in compliant with regulatory bodies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: