Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Venture investing and cryptocurrencies with taxes  (Read 13 times)
GrLinkey (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 15, 2024, 08:00:23 AM

When ideas for new projects are discussed on programmer forums, the problem always arises that it is not profitable for an individual programmer to do risky projects, while it is profitable for a large company. Roughly speaking, if you have a project that with a 10% probability will make you a millionaire, and with a 90% probability you will kill a lot of time, you will not do it, but a large company can launch 100 such projects and make money on it. Scientifically, this is called “nonlinear dependence of utility on income for small players” (rational choice theory). And venture investments are, on average, more profitable than regular ones.

I can offer two ideas of risky projects:

1)
Code optimization, for example in Delphi, often comes down to different options for reproducing code, for example, inline functions. What if someone writes a program that takes the complete Delphi code of the project and rewrites it, inlining all the functions inside of it (except recursive ones), and multiplying the loop bodies, say, five times. The result will be code that, when compiled, will run faster than the original. It will be larger in size, but I think this will not be particularly critical.

2)
You can write a static analogue of Wine: a program that analyzes someone's executable, processes it and turns it into executable for Linux/Mac. I mean, Wine does this dynamically, but here it will be static, and it will be possible to adjust the compilation manually, and the author of such software will be able to manually compile different programs to order.

Now about cryptocurrencies. I believe that the world can be saved by cryptocurrencies with taxes and democracy: if some commission from transactions goes to a fixed wallet, and by general voting the people can change this wallet. The manager of such a coin (the owner of this wallet) will invest money in venture projects and return profits to the holders.
I have suggested this idea on several programmer forums. Will you buy such a developercoin if it appears? Can you participate in its development?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: