Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANCE OF MONEY OVERRATED  (Read 17 times)
Tungbulu (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2024, 09:06:41 AM

In our world today, people are blinded by the pursuit for wealth and riches that they ignore what matters the most. I know that over 90% of people here would argue that MONEY gives lasting happiness, but that's a blatant lie. because if it's only money you have, you'll notice that something is actually missing in the picture.
Human's wants are insatiable, the richer you become, the richer you want to get until you realize that all the riches means nothing if you've lost yourself while chasing riches.

Money is essential and I do not dispute that fact, but it shouldn't be our reason for living, because it's only one piece of the puzzle not the whole puzzle. Our generation has so exalted money that people view it as the only thing you need in life to be complete and so you're ready to trade every other thing for money, including your piece of mind which is the most essential. This is the actual reason why most youths in our country today would go to any length just to make money.

I was chatting with an old friend some days ago, and he was telling me of how desperate he is to make money and how he's ready to do anything humanly possible to make money, I was very heartbroken when I saw the desperation in his words and I asked Him, after you get the money by all means, what's next? He boldly replied that, he'll buy houses, cars, travel around the world, live the big and luxurious life and be happy.

It's such a shame and really heartbroken how many have sold their souls to money. Selling your soul doesn't necessarily mean that you'll go to a spiritualist to sign an agreement to sell your soul for money, prioritizing money and placing it above every other thing equally means selling your soul because at that point nothing else matters anymore, not even your own existence, some even goes as far as trading their life for money, we've heard cases of Nigerian youths having all the money to spend but have only a few months or years to live. These are things that are happening in our society and people just pay blind eyes and ears to them rather than learning from them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: