Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:40:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy method to stay safe for new bitcoin buyer crypto beginner  (Read 249 times)
Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 17, 2024, 01:12:10 PM

All the points are there OP but I'd prefer for them to experience that because that is the way it helps them to realize that they need to be more careful on their keys and avoid unnecessary things like installing apps that cause losing control of their wallet. Maybe this is not a piece of good advice but as we observed, the majority just learn how to secure their funds after suffering losing their money.

It was not hard to avoid losing our keys if we are able to understand the simple message that experienced investors told us. But if we are hard-headed, we don't need to blame the market and hackers but just ourselves.

KiaKia

Activity: 686
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2024, 08:42:21 AM

This is not hard to handle.

The best advice ever is too keep your Bitcoin separately away from your devices that you connect to the internet, all the problems of getting hijacked or clicking on links and even viruses and malware happen through the internet connection.

We can't do without the internet though, but when it comes to Bitcoin and crypto, the best way to keep their safe is far away from the internet, so use your device to do everything you want online but do not keep your Bitcoin wallet near the devices to use to surf the web and do all internet related activities with.

If you are someone who always makes crypto transactions every day, get an Electrum wallet on your smartphone and only keep a small amount of Bitcoin in the wallet, already, hot wallets are made for everyday transactions, while hardware wallets are made for long-term safe holding.
Renampun

Activity: 2310
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2024, 10:08:19 AM

All the points are there OP but I'd prefer for them to experience that because that is the way it helps them to realize that they need to be more careful on their keys and avoid unnecessary things like installing apps that cause losing control of their wallet. Maybe this is not a piece of good advice but as we observed, the majority just learn how to secure their funds after suffering losing their money.

It was not hard to avoid losing our keys if we are able to understand the simple message that experienced investors told us. But if we are hard-headed, we don't need to blame the market and hackers but just ourselves.

your advice is very rude imo lol, experiencing ulu just realizing that actually not everyone has this kind of awareness, in fact many of them keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again, so very tight security at the start is a better and wiser way than experience.

what I mean by initial security can be likened to you having a house and in every corner of your house, you provide good locks and also CCTV cameras in areas that are not visible, as well as the security of your PC, smartphone or laptop, as owners we must pay attention to security especially when we have a lot of data inside.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4173

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2024, 11:26:11 AM

To summarize everything that you have said

All those your points are pointing towards one thing and that is too make use of an offline wallet that isn't connected to the internet all the time and the best offline wallets are hardware wallets. If you make use of a hardware wallet then you'll be safe from all the warnings you listed above. When you make use of a wallet that isn't linked to the internet 24/7 and your device gets compromised from visiting the sites you mentioned, your Bitcoin will be safe and not get stolen from your wallet.

Another advice is not to put all your eggs in one basket, don't store all your coins in one wallet because you might never know what could go wrong. Due to nature, Humans are careless, it takes just one mistake and all your Bitcoins are lost. You can make use of a hardware wallet to store your Bitcoin that you intent to hodl for a very long time and those that you might need frequently can be stored in an Electrum wallet on an airgapped device. Then you also need to protect your seed phrase/Private key by keeping it in a secure manner that only you can have access to which means they should be nowhere online or kept on a device that aren't airgapped.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Y3shot

Activity: 602
Merit: 171

Bitcoin👌 or nothing

View Profile
April 20, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

3) If you use an online wallet, always keep the wallet's email address username and passwords separate from other accounts.
For your point number 3 if you use an online wallet, do not save the username and password on your browser. You can never be sure of who is watching you remotely or who has remote access to your browser.
People who save their password and username in browsers it means their is no point for security because for one that takes security very important will never allow password and username to be saved on browser. This act can allow anyone that have access to your phone to get into your wallet. When your phone is hacked and password is been saved in the browser I think it is possible for hackers to get access to your account with these useful details.

Security should be very important responsibility that users needs to take care of themselves without the help of third parties or any application. When people save their login details on browsers it shows that they are careless and they can't trust their self of keeping username and password in a safe place that they can always remember.
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1035

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2024, 09:41:54 PM

5) Do not download or install unnecessary apps / software.
This is a very good advice and many people do not understand this. Especially people who have never been victim of hack before. You will see some people's mobile phone where they have wallet in it and still see different kinds of application running it without knowing the developers of such a applications.

7) If someone wants to share data or work with team viewer, be careful, if you do not have enough knowledge about team viewer, do not give access or share with team viewer software.
I was nearly a victim of this scam, when I was a newbie. It was just in this forum someone offered a job that will pay very high amount of money. I contacted the person via telegram and they requested that I install team viewer and give them the details. I did as they directed. When I realised that the person started navigating through my folders I quickly shot the system. Restarted it and uninstalled team viewer.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██