Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:00:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very weird network problem when mining  (Read 112 times)
tatral (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2024, 12:39:44 PM

hi, new here  Cheesy seems like a good place to request help for my problem. I mine using a few nvidia GPUs to zergpool for auto-exchanging and it used to work just fine. I sometimes would switch mining apps based on profitability. a few weeks ago I started getting errors of type "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". It would happen with every pc with a gpu (all on the same local network) and every app, except for gminer which always works! if I try to mine the same algo, using same settings, on the same gpu, but with a different miner - no good. Now I know that it might not be the biggest problem since I can actually mine, however sometimes I'd like to mine something not supported by gminer or just a more efficient miner. Adding to the mystery is that there are times when I do manage to get a connection with a different miner, then it works for something between a few minutes to maybe an hour, and after that the error again. Usually it takes a few hours to "reset" itself. The problem has to be at my end, but can't figure out what to look for since gminer always connects and I don't recall any changes being made to my connection/router options. Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ms_Mining

Activity: 165
Merit: 33

✔️ Telegram @miningrelease

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2024, 07:29:55 PM

I mine using a few nvidia GPUs to zergpool for auto-exchanging and it used to work just fine.
Not the best idea. It is better to use Kryptex for a beginner or Nicehash for a slightly more experienced user. In both cases, auto-exchange is possible.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Telegram channel witn announcement of new coins for GPU mining - @miningrelease 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3039

View Profile
April 15, 2024, 09:27:29 PM

if I try to mine the same algo, using same settings, on the same gpu, but with a different miner - no good.
Now I know that it might not be the biggest problem since I can actually mine, however sometimes I'd like to mine something not supported by gminer or just a more efficient miner. Adding to the mystery is that there are times when I do manage to get a connection with a different miner, then it works for something between a few minutes to maybe an hour, and after that the error again. Usually it takes a few hours to "reset" itself. The problem has to be at my end, but can't figure out what to look for since gminer always connects and I don't recall any changes being made to my connection/router options. Any ideas?
Sounds like maybe some setting problem , not every miner software is good with the settings that working the best for another miner software.
Back in the days when i started mining i thought the same when i was using sgminer and cgminer and got different results.
Sometimes there is still a little playing with settings and commands to getting it working stable.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 16, 2024, 04:33:12 AM

Are you on WiFi or Ethernet?

If you have a bunch of rigs, and they are all close together, you will get dropped connections with WiFi. The gpus cause all kinds of interference.

I had this issue and had to get a network switch and use the Ethernet for all the rigs and the problems went away. See if that is the issue.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tatral (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2024, 05:53:33 PM

They are all Ethernet wired, allways have been.

[Not the best idea. It is better to use Kryptex for a beginner or Nicehash for a slightly more experienced user. In both cases, auto-exchange is possible.
I know them both. However I'm not looking for BTC payout.

BTW, i tried mining a cpu algo today and the same thing happened with zergpool. Other pools seem to work flawlessly.
JayDDee

Activity: 1385
Merit: 220

View Profile
April 16, 2024, 06:54:17 PM

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".

You were refused, that's not a networking problem it's intentional by the server. Your IP was likely banned temporarily.
Are you switching too often which could trigger protection mechanisms by the pool?

tatral (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2024, 08:06:09 PM

I don't think that too often. Maybe twice a day at max, sometimes not switching for days...
But anyway it can't be banned since Gminer always works, even right after another miner fails
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 17, 2024, 10:13:31 AM

They are all Ethernet wired, allways have been.

[Not the best idea. It is better to use Kryptex for a beginner or Nicehash for a slightly more experienced user. In both cases, auto-exchange is possible.
I know them both. However I'm not looking for BTC payout.

BTW, i tried mining a cpu algo today and the same thing happened with zergpool. Other pools seem to work flawlessly.
Use the list of services from safar1980
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5457533

I also sometimes have errors connecting to the pool, but even each mining pool has several backup pools for connection, which you add to the miner settings.
Usually such problems were solved by changing the mining pool or changing the miner. After a while I returned to the old settings and everything worked well. I have 4G internet.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██