Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is This How I Lost All Of My Money From Atomic Wallet?  (Read 282 times)
Anderson0077 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 06:32:15 PM

All you did was follow the instructions of the scammers at the cost of your funds. The used Atomic wallet to deceive you, I have seen similar scams attempts using trust wallet but I never fell for them because I knew from miles away that they were scams.
Whether he was scammed in the name of Atomic Wallet support or somewhere else, we can't be sure, because based on what he has said so far, he contacted the official support and also downloaded the official version of the app, and the support team never asked for his seed phrase but asked him to import his wallet in the Cosmostation. I don't see how they can transfer his funds if they didn't get the seed phrase themselves.

So, I believe he most probably got phished or something before this issue or while he was in contact with the support team of Atomic Wallet because there can only be two things, either someone had access to his wallet through the seed phrase or the Cosmo wallet team accessed his wallet and transferred the funds.

I don't see how they can transfer his funds if they didn't get the seed phrase themselves.
This is where a lot of people disagree. They say:
1. Unbound the ATOMs from staking.
2. Then, transfer the funds by giving a wallet address.
If this is true, why did they have me insert my seed phrase into the links?
nakamura12

Activity: 2268
Merit: 669

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 06:55:19 PM

I don't see how they can transfer his funds if they didn't get the seed phrase themselves.
They clearly want to deceive you to get the funds from you by asking you to provide the seed phrase. If they didn't then they wouldn't asked you to provide the seed phrase and would only provide you an instruction on how to import your wallet to a different wallet provider by using the seed phrase to manage your atom in another wallet. To receive crypto is you need to provide an address if you are the receiver and you also need the wallet address if you are the sender which is you will use to fill in when you send a crypto.
Anderson0077 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 07:59:47 PM

They clearly want to deceive you to get the funds from you by asking you to provide the seed phrase. If they didn't then they wouldn't asked you to provide the seed phrase and would only provide you an instruction on how to import your wallet to a different wallet provider by using the seed phrase to manage your atom in another wallet. To receive crypto is you need to provide an address if you are the receiver and you also need the wallet address if you are the sender which is you will use to fill in when you send a crypto.

What you wrote is what I always thought.

They clearly want to deceive you to get the funds from you by asking you to provide the seed phrase.
So you are saying Atomic Wallet Support deceived me by requesting me to insert my seed phrase into different links?
When I wrote Atomic Wallet about this, they claimed it was a safe procedure.
Another poster wrote that this is necessary to transfer the funds.

Atomic Wallet Support claims I must have had malware on my PC so when I inserted the seed phrase, it picked it up.
nakamura12

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 08:09:05 PM

They clearly want to deceive you to get the funds from you by asking you to provide the seed phrase.
So you are saying Atomic Wallet Support deceived me by requesting me to insert my seed phrase into different links?
Well, it is necessary to access the wallet using the seed phrase so you can send the funds to another wallet of your choice but if they aren't deceiving you then they wouldn't told you to import the wallet on that link and would just told you that you'll need to use the seed phrase to import the wallet to another wallet provider so that you can manage your funds like sending funds to another wallet. Anyway, have you checked the wallet and is there funds on it?. If yes then you don't have to worry about it and just create new wallet and transfer the funds in there.
Anderson0077 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 08:18:43 PM

Well, it is necessary to access the wallet using the seed phrase so you can send the funds to another wallet of your choice but if they aren't deceiving you then they wouldn't told you to import the wallet on that link and would just told you that you'll need to use the seed phrase to import the wallet to another wallet provider so that you can manage your funds like sending funds to another wallet. Anyway, have you checked the wallet and is there funds on it?. If yes then you don't have to worry about it and just create new wallet and transfer the funds in there.

Anyway, have you checked the wallet and is there funds on it?
As soon as the funds were transferred to the Cosmostation wallet, a transaction was made to transfer all the funds to another wallet. I never made that transaction.

I am confused because people are telling me different things.
1. You don't need to insert a seed phrase into any link to transfer funds. All you need is a wallet address. If you did insert your seed phrase into any link that malware probably picked it up.
2. You must use the seed phrase to transfer the funds into another wallet. This is what Atomic Wallet Support told me. Atomic Wallet Support claims I must have had malware on my PC.

I just wrote to Cosmostation Support so I can get their take on the situation.
nakamura12

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 09:00:38 PM

1. You don't need to insert a seed phrase into any link to transfer funds. All you need is a wallet address. If you did insert your seed phrase into any link that malware probably picked it up.
2. You must use the seed phrase to transfer the funds into another wallet. This is what Atomic Wallet Support told me. Atomic Wallet Support claims I must have had malware on my PC.

All I can think of is that you have been deceived that's why after using the seed phrase then you saw a transaction of transferring the funds to another wallet address or you got scammed. However, both are lose for you since it's your funds and that's what you should do is to contact them and ask cosmo about the situation. I also think that you may have got the email from a scammer pretending to be atomic wallet because if a legit wallet provider is helping someone then they don't ask you to provide the seed phrase but to tell you a way to manage your funds like importing your wallet to another wallet provider and won't give you any link to provide the seed phrase like you have been asked to do in the link.
Anderson0077 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 09:10:22 PM

All I can think of is that you have been deceived that's why after using the seed phrase then you saw a transaction of transferring the funds to another wallet address or you got scammed. However, both are lose for you since it's your funds and that's what you should do is to contact them and ask cosmo about the situation. I also think that you may have got the email from a scammer pretending to be atomic wallet because if a legit wallet provider is helping someone then they don't ask you to provide the seed phrase but to tell you a way to manage your funds like importing your wallet to another wallet provider and won't give you any link to provide the seed phrase like you have been asked to do in the link.

I also think that you may have got the email from a scammer pretending to be atomic wallet
When I contacted Atomic Wallet Support about this, they confirmed that the links sent to me by the support team were safe and a standard procedure. So it wasn't a scammer pretending to be Atomic Support.
I'm still waiting for a response from Cosmostation Support.
Anderson0077 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2024, 03:41:47 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2024, 04:26:25 PM by Anderson0077

I finally received a response from Cosmostation Support.
After reviewing the photos I sent regarding inserting my seed phrase, they informed me that I was talking to a scammer posing as Atomic Wallet Support.

However, when I told Atomic Wallet Support this, they claim I wasn't talking to a scammer and everything was legit. They claim the reason I lost my money was because my PC was infected.

I don't know who to believe.
Atomic Wallet Support wouldn't out right lie and steal money from you, would they?
Either way I'm out of my money.
Belarge

Activity: 420
Merit: 85

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 15, 2024, 10:24:27 PM

Cryptocurrency is not for random people, rather its meant for top traders that knows specifically how to handle the operations when it concerns the market. Sending and receiving crypto have become easier and even newbies can simply perform this particular tasks without thorough guidelines. We should become more comfortable when we have known the basis of the market. Everybody should be careful because the space is turning to be something else and watching how complex it have grown to become, I expects them to be extremely careful.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: