Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:00:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 744 times)
itguy51 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:32:53 AM

After reading the thread about introductions, I do have something to write, and it's about my experiences with Bitcoin.

So, I was introduced to Bitcoin back in 2011, a friend of mine said "Hey, you should check this out, it's an internet currency and it's based on cryptographic hashes, so the money is basically backed by compute cycles", I thought this was really neat. I just messed around with it back when it was a few dollars, I just used them for small transactions (<$20, I was throwing around WHOLE BITCOINS) and I never really kept anything.

Two years later, 2013, after not using Bitcoin in a while, I hear that they've hit hundreds of dollars in value! And the look on my face when they told me that, It was a mix of surprise, regret and anger all mixed into one. I realized that I had handled hundreds of BITCOIN, back when it wasn't worth much, and I realized those Bitcoins that I had transacted with are now worth probably 90-100x what I valued them at.

I've made that mistake once, "Never again!" I say, shaking my fist at the vicious market of cryptocurrency.

I have little experience actually producing the various cryptocurrencies, but based on what I'm reading, a big up-and-coming coin that's currently around is Dogecoin, gonna keep mining at that one until the cows come home.

My advice to new members of the *coin community (I'm not exactly a veteran, I've just seen the growth and felt the pain of Bitcoin), just save some of your coin, I don't care if it's not doing well right now, hang on to a few. Bitcoin had bumps and problems early on, so it's not uncommon.

A big welcome to all of you,
Josh.

BTC - 1GzWgjKg1kfbDqpAoMdf7nB3m7Exvc5MaJ
DOGE - DRqaMfjbYp8ud2CvsEokLNBbzgDjC7Wm8S
NYAN - KLieK9HAsrbFC3k1d2jP1248vMi3nQmdwB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duhosnyul

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:59:59 AM

Welcome again to the forum. I agree the best strategy is HODL.  Smiley

Energycoin. eD5Kv8NxNAgge58bbyJfZpANDDJg2G7uid
Freebiescoin- Free Distribution
FCsxVbuZzEekqY9q9voNZHps7fnqndRfuF
Lucozade35

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:25:32 AM

Times are testing for BTC at the moment. All this bad news just keeps coming and coming. For those like me that got interested on the high side have no option but to hold. Regardless of how things pan out im not loosing any sleep. Smiley
Domino

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:34:40 PM

I have little experience actually producing the various cryptocurrencies, but based on what I'm reading, a big up-and-coming coin that's currently around is Dogecoin, gonna keep mining at that one until the cows come home.

I am not sure if I really like dogecoin myself...
Shiba are adorable and the doge community is amazing, but to be honest it is pretty much just a litecoin clone...

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:35:48 PM

After reading the thread about introductions, I do have something to write, and it's about my experiences with Bitcoin.

So, I was introduced to Bitcoin back in 2011, a friend of mine said "Hey, you should check this out, it's an internet currency and it's based on cryptographic hashes, so the money is basically backed by compute cycles", I thought this was really neat. I just messed around with it back when it was a few dollars, I just used them for small transactions (<$20, I was throwing around WHOLE BITCOINS) and I never really kept anything.

Two years later, 2013, after not using Bitcoin in a while, I hear that they've hit hundreds of dollars in value! And the look on my face when they told me that, It was a mix of surprise, regret and anger all mixed into one. I realized that I had handled hundreds of BITCOIN, back when it wasn't worth much, and I realized those Bitcoins that I had transacted with are now worth probably 90-100x what I valued them at.

I've made that mistake once, "Never again!" I say, shaking my fist at the vicious market of cryptocurrency.

My advice to new members of the *coin community (I'm not exactly a veteran, I've just seen the growth and felt the pain of Bitcoin), just save some of your coin, I don't care if it's not doing well right now, hang on to a few. Bitcoin had bumps and problems early on, so it's not uncommon.

A big welcome to all of you,
Josh.

yeah the btc boat left. i invite you to to ripple a look.

it's more than just a 'coin', it's a complete payment system with an exchange built in. anyway, to learn more about it, read here:  http://coinjoint.info/ripple-might-want-pay-attention/ and there are intros and guides here:  https://xrptalk.org/forum/61-faq-and-guides/

see you.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:49:45 AM

Hey welcome to the forums and I hope u checkout all of the readmes and the FAQ . I'd your looking for a good way to earn some coin I suggest checking out the service section Specialy if you have a service you can offer people at a decent price

itguy51 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:30:39 AM

Hey again, Just wanted to check up on this post, and I've got a few replies to various replies (replies2?)

I know DOGE is looking like a clone of Litecoin, but it does have a huge community backing it, which may be a very important thing to value later on, I'm not entirely sure about the future of it, but I'm gonna grab some while it's cheap, maybe $10 worth, then I won't mind terribly if it goes down in value.

Also, I just started a Ripple wallet, I'm looking for various giveaways to get my first 25 XRP to get started, but it does seem to have an interesting network, I may have to look more into it (My wallet list is ever-expanding.)

My first Cryptocurrency (Post-BTC debacle) was the Nyancoin (NYAN), but there's a possibility that it'll go to a PoS model, and I have < 200N to my name at this point, so that wouldn't really benefit me at all. There's a poll on the announcement forum about it, and if it does go pure PoS, I'm going to completely jump ship at that point, keep all of my coin and just not use it, Hoping that doesn't happen, but honestly, if it does, it won't get me more coin over there because I don't plan on investing a dime into it.

Now, Ripple is the first (what I'm going to call) "Second-Generation Currency" Its architecture is different, it's the first of its kind, What happened to the value of the first Cryptocurrency a few months ago? It shot way up. I want to get into this next-gen market before it's too hard to get into. (Like what happened with Bitcoin.)

So, I'm hoping that DOGE goes up in value, NYAN stays minable and XRP gets big. BTC, Not involved in, don't mind it. But, I still hope it makes a great recovery.

Let's see how those play out.

Josh.

XRP - rhKWSz2HMVW24tKTbsweCdJhVvAEezqDAP

MonkeyDOH

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:30:47 PM

You meant "HOLD".
Actually i don't think people are holding something when you check the btc market.
PangPang

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

You meant "HOLD".
Actually i don't think people are holding something when you check the btc market.

I believe he did mean HODL Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: