Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:46:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ComedyGold [LEL] New Currency For Awarding To People For Jokes. April 1st  (Read 17860 times)
comedygold (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:55:50 AM

Wallet update planned for Friday. May be launched before then, but may not - Friday is the latest. Update will feature:

- Fixing the KGW exploit that came out recently.

- Integrating the blockchain into the right click menu in the transactions list in the client (there was no blockchain on launch, since been remedied)

- A panel that pulls different jokes every day from the web and displays them.

Also I would like to announce that the winner of the 10 million LEL for best idea for practical joke is Zulandio, who I will be PMing.

If anyone has any ideas on which exchanges we should contact to talk to about getting the coin listed on, please post. I am not up on all the of the myriad smaller exchanges for example that would welcome a newer coin such as this.

As always, anyone who helps will be tipped handsomely Smiley
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 02:11:51 PM

Wallet update planned for Friday. May be launched before then, but may not - Friday is the latest. Update will feature:

- Fixing the KGW exploit that came out recently.

- Integrating the blockchain into the right click menu in the transactions list in the client (there was no blockchain on launch, since been remedied)

- A panel that pulls different jokes every day from the web and displays them.

Also I would like to announce that the winner of the 10 million LEL for best idea for practical joke is Zulandio, who I will be PMing.

If anyone has any ideas on which exchanges we should contact to talk to about getting the coin listed on, please post. I am not up on all the of the myriad smaller exchanges for example that would welcome a newer coin such as this.

swaphole... they are some kind of a joke on themselve (no volume at all but they accept any coin)
Why anybody would call an exchange where you put your coins "hole"... ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Asgard666

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:52:25 PM

swaphole... they are some kind of a joke on themselve (no volume at all but they accept any coin)
Why anybody would call an exchange where you put your coins "hole"... ?

I guess that using the motto "Put them in my hole" turned up too sexual and they decided to just use the name
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:47:20 PM

I'll be the first to admit that I'm amazed the coin is actually, well, a real coin... sorta. I thought this was entirely an April Fool's joke.

If you want to get it on an exchange, Bittrex and Atomic-trade might take it. Even smaller would be allcrypt, and that new kingcoiny exchange. Part of me is hesitant to even mention exchanges, as there are so many coins out that shouldn't be on exchanges. Yet at the same time I am curious if this coin could even get on an exchange.
Thrillho

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:08:58 PM

Let's stay off exchanges. Who needs exchanges?

A father is trying to explain business ethics to his son, who is about to start his own butcher shop.

“Suppose a woman comes in to your shop and orders a hundred dollars worth of meat. You wrap it up and you give it to her, then she pays you with a $100 bill. But as she goes out the door you realize she’s accidentally given you two $100 bills. Now, here’s the ethical dilemma: should you or should you not tell your partner?"

Buy original NSFW artwork with crypto: http://holdenmatarazzo.com/
Dotcommie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:55:42 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 09:45:50 AM by Dotcommie

I may have to withdraw my support for this coin unless someone knows where 2.5 billion of them I mined went.  They were all getting confirmed, but it was getting backed up where it would take a while to fully confirm them and i always seemed to have like 20million in the immature category.

Then after closing down and backing up my wallet, it loaded all the hashes from the last few days up until 8 something tonight but then it only showed stuff mined on the 7th as confirmed(before it had green checkmarks all the way till the 10th).  Then when i closed out and reopened wallet it is now only showing up until the 7th....wtf

**Well I've done hours of research tonight and i've come up with nothing.  I had every block confirmed up until the April 9th or 10th at 7:20 or maybe it was 5:20....I should have taken a screenshot but they were all previously being added to my wallet until i closed it to back up the wallet, then bam, all gone.  (I had switched other rigs to LEL on the 6th i think and got most of my balance from the last few days. I used to be a lel billionare and now i'm barely a lel millionare)

Hey dev, if you're able to tell me what happened or get back most of what I mined the last couple days, Ill donate the rest to get the video made.  Otherwise I'm really thinking about cutting my losses.  The wallet had already flaked out on me once before so I downloaded it again and started fresh only to lose most of it a few days later.  Cry
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:58:51 AM

I may have to withdraw my support for this coin unless someone knows where 2.5 billion of them I mined went.  They were all getting confirmed, but it was getting backed up where it would take a while to fully confirm them and i always seemed to have like 20million in the immature category.

Then after closing down and backing up my wallet, it loaded all the hashes from the last few days up until 8 something tonight but then it only showed stuff mined on the 7th as confirmed(before it had green checkmarks all the way till the 10th).  Then when i closed out and reopened wallet it is now only showing up until the 7th....wtf

**Well I've done hours of research tonight and i've come up with nothing.  I had every block confirmed up until the April 9th or 10th at 7:20 or maybe it was 5:20....I should have taken a screenshot but they were all previously being added to my wallet until i closed it to back up the wallet, then bam, all gone.  (I had switched other rigs to LEL on the 6th i think and got most of my balance from the last few days. I used to be a lel billionare and now i'm barely a lel millionare)

Hey dev, if you're able to tell me what happened or get back most of what I mined the last couple days, Ill donate the rest to get the video made.  Otherwise I'm really thinking about cutting my losses.  The wallet had already flaked out on me once before so I downloaded it again and started fresh only to lose most of it a few days later.  Cry
sorry didn't find them... if someone knows where my 15k rhinohorn went I'll be happy too...

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:55:15 PM

“Suppose a woman comes in to your shop and orders a hundred dollars worth of meat. You wrap it up and you give it to her, then she pays you with a $100 bill. But as she goes out the door you realize she’s accidentally given you two $100 bills. Now, here’s the ethical dilemma: should you or should you not tell your partner?"

ROFL   I love it.

Dotcommie

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:01:51 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 05:36:01 AM by Dotcommie

I may have to withdraw my support for this coin unless someone knows where 2.5 billion of them I mined went.  They were all getting confirmed, but it was getting backed up where it would take a while to fully confirm them and i always seemed to have like 20million in the immature category.

Then after closing down and backing up my wallet, it loaded all the hashes from the last few days up until 8 something tonight but then it only showed stuff mined on the 7th as confirmed(before it had green checkmarks all the way till the 10th).  Then when i closed out and reopened wallet it is now only showing up until the 7th....wtf

**Well I've done hours of research tonight and i've come up with nothing.  I had every block confirmed up until the April 9th or 10th at 7:20 or maybe it was 5:20....I should have taken a screenshot but they were all previously being added to my wallet until i closed it to back up the wallet, then bam, all gone.  (I had switched other rigs to LEL on the 6th i think and got most of my balance from the last few days. I used to be a lel billionare and now i'm barely a lel millionare)

Hey dev, if you're able to tell me what happened or get back most of what I mined the last couple days, Ill donate the rest to get the video made.  Otherwise I'm really thinking about cutting my losses.  The wallet had already flaked out on me once before so I downloaded it again and started fresh only to lose most of it a few days later.  Cry
sorry didn't find them... if someone knows where my 15k rhinohorn went I'll be happy too...

How were you looking for them?  I just hate wasting days of solid uptime to some stupid glitch that likely had nothing to do with my setup.  It appears maybe I got blocked from the very few connections I had to the network but I'm not sure.  All I know is that I did a wallet dump and there are a whole bunch of addresses that don't show up in the blockchain anymore, like this one 12yAwUjzE7MEjYqRcjDPg8X9ofGAQJd6o2

I don't think it was anything on my end because they are mixed in together with ones that do show up.  Still trying to sort through it but I've got other stuff to do so it will have to wait.

*EDIT* Well I managed to dump keys and transactions out of my wallet but I don't think it recognizes the keys properly since these wallet utilities are mainly for bitcoin.  I did see that there were 6,555 "value" entries on the transactions though, and even going way low on the average to 300k reward, that's 1,966,500,00.  So yeah, something was up and now I have all of these that once upon a time passed verification and 200+ confirms and were in my wallet, now the network doesn't seem to even think they exist...
Zulandio

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:00:08 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 08:28:41 AM by Zulandio

Fuck this shit just happened to me now.. WTF I think I know what happend as much as it sucks we were forked. It's easy to happen with the low hash.. And it sucks not only did I lose the coins but I think it crashed my miner with the wallet on it too..
Dotcommie

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:11:37 AM

Yeah, if it was just going to remain a joke coin then I might be fine with ignoring it, but if it wants to be taken seriously there needs to be usable wallets/nodes/etc that you can be confident won't screw you over.
comedygold (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:59:35 PM

I am sorry people are having trouble with forks...this can happen with low hash rate. If it keeps happening I would advise you mine on a pool. Sorry, I've not done anything on purpose to make you lose coins!

Personal issues have prevented me from devoting any time for the last few days on this, but that will shortly be rectified. I will be posting more updates shortly.

Also, Thanks to the Xnigma team, who have put this coin on their exchange Smiley

https://xnigma.com/markets/view/108

If you can't mine, then there is a place to buy LEL to show support.

I will put more attention on getting the video done this week, I am focussed on that getting done as any video that has a chance to go viral will only help.
Dotcommie

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:59:19 PM

I am sorry people are having trouble with forks...this can happen with low hash rate. If it keeps happening I would advise you mine on a pool. Sorry, I've not done anything on purpose to make you lose coins!

You mean low total hashrate of the network?  Because I had 5Mhash thrown at it and I don't think the wallet/nodes could cope because it seemed to get backed up when finding too many blocks.  They all got verified and approved though, so there's something else that went wrong along the way that took verified coin in my wallet and stopped recognizing it on the network a short time later.
Thrillho

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 05:35:33 AM

Come back and make something of LEL, dev. I know you've had personal issues but building a good coin is traveling a long, thankless road with caviar and girls with hula-hoops waiting at the end of it.

Or failure or despotism but regardless you'll learn alot and build character.

Buy original NSFW artwork with crypto: http://holdenmatarazzo.com/
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:09:45 AM

Added for voting at C-CEX.com exchange:
https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:12:11 AM

yes it would be good, if it could get to an exchange

djm34 facebook page
flazafer

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:13:32 AM

exchange LEL/BTC  where?
Zulandio

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:23:35 AM

So this was just an April fools joke or what?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: