Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Receiving bitcoin donations through my website  (Read 303 times)
remifa287 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 10:13:21 PM

Hello. For some reason I'm really not sure if I already know the answer or not. Still learning.

If I am receiving some small bitcoin donations - 15,000 to 35,000 sats per donation, then how do I know if that donation is from a KYC exchange or a non-KYC exchange?

Does the answer depend on the address of the sender?

I'm still a bit confused about this. I don't want to mix up my KYC and non-KYC coins.

Thanks
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
April 23, 2024, 10:30:05 PM

Bitcoin = bitcoin.

Whatever you receive and wherever they are, it won't really matter at all. This is the kind of topic that's the same about tainted and not tainted Bitcoins which is concerning some.

But to be honest, you shouldn't be too worried whether they are from kyc/non kyc exchanges.

What if people tripping you sending you these donations from both ends? you'll just putting a lot of stress to yourself.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
STINKYBEE

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 08:02:20 AM

If I am receiving some small bitcoin donations - 15,000 to 35,000 sats per donation, then how do I know if that donation is from a KYC exchange or a non-KYC exchange?

beter to find the address of the sender in a blockchain explorer, to be able to know if it is a donation on a KYC or non-KYC exchange. KYC exchanges publish sender details as non-KYC exchange generally does not.

The founder(s) of bitcoin will never be revealed.
remifa287 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 12:29:13 AM

To STINKYBEE, that's definitely something I should look at. I didn't know that KYC exchanges were so transparent. That's kinda the opposite of privacy, eh? I'm thinking that maybe I can keep KYC donations in a separate wallet AWAY FROM my non-KYC donations. Thanks.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 01:50:45 AM

To STINKYBEE, that's definitely something I should look at. I didn't know that KYC exchanges were so transparent. That's kinda the opposite of privacy, eh? I'm thinking that maybe I can keep KYC donations in a separate wallet AWAY FROM my non-KYC donations. Thanks.
But can you give us at least a brief reason why you need to do that? are you into something to hide from the government? sorry because just now that i have heard this kind of stuff in which we are talking about donation here and for me we should be thankful to that donor no matter where they get the funds because you have received that in your wallet so if those are from crimes/hacking then you need to explain that to the authority no matter what.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2024, 03:08:56 AM

I don't want to mix up my KYC and non-KYC coins.

Why?  If you only want to pay taxes on KYC coins, that would be illegal.  Since this is not a darkweb pirate-type forum, giving you direction could incriminate us with whatever you do.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
remifa287 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2024, 10:26:15 PM

But can you give us at least a brief reason why you need to do that? are you into something to hide from the government? sorry because just now that i have heard this kind of stuff in which we are talking about donation here and for me we should be thankful to that donor no matter where they get the funds because you have received that in your wallet so if those are from crimes/hacking then you need to explain that to the authority no matter what.

No, I'm not doing anything wrong or illegal. I simply don't trust that my government, the same one inflating my dollar, has my best interests at heart. I don't want any government telling me how, when, and where to spend my money or currency. If I want to buy a 'Snickers' bar or a loaf of bread, or a gallon of gas, then that's MY business, not the government's. I don't trust banks either now that they are closing accounts based on adherence to their corporate ideology.

You don't have to answer my question, but I am a firm supporter of Bitcoin and understand what it affords me. I will navigate these bitcoin softwares as best I can. Good day.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2024, 01:40:43 AM

For tax purposes, you should declare all income, not just income from tracked sources.

Like boyptc said, you'll just put stress on yourself trying to seperate the two.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 24, 2024, 10:47:21 AM

No, I'm not doing anything wrong or illegal. I simply don't trust that my government, the same one inflating my dollar, has my best interests at heart. I don't want any government telling me how, when, and where to spend my money or currency. If I want to buy a 'Snickers' bar or a loaf of bread, or a gallon of gas, then that's MY business, not the government's. I don't trust banks either now that they are closing accounts based on adherence to their corporate ideology.
I am sure many of us in here share the same sentiment. I’m still curious though what is the real purpose of having to separate kyc to non-kyc donated bitcoins? If not tax evasion then what are you doing with separated bitcoins?

Anyway maybe you can provide different wallets each for kyc and non-kyc donations so that you don’t have to separate each donation yourself. Just let donators donate to a specific wallet based on what wallet they use.

Volimack

Activity: 448
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 24, 2024, 12:18:11 PM

Hello. For some reason I'm really not sure if I already know the answer or not. Still learning.

I'm still a bit confused about this. I don't want to mix up my KYC and non-KYC coins.

Thanks
When the bitcoin is donated you will understand yourself if the exchange is kyc or not then you will be asked to kyc. As far as I understand both wallets you can use all wallets for donation are same capacity or don't want to mix kyc and non-kyc coins so using separate wallets for kyc and non-kyc donation can keep donation in different ways.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 24, 2024, 07:20:57 PM

To OP, you don't get to choose who can send to an address, anyone can as long as they have BTC and the address, you no need to worry about receiving if it's actually donations and not just a coverup or laundering the money to avoid taxes, right?

But you can stop using them if you want to, by using coin control feature that can be used to freeze specific UTXOs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 24, 2024, 08:31:03 PM

Since your name isn't in the laws regarding crypto taxpayers, none of the crypto tax laws apply to you. In fact, all the info in all the US tax laws applies to 'persons'. In law, persons are not people until the people accept that they are persons.

So, you are not a taxpayer... except when you have accepted that application of that term to yourself. If you are not a person or a taxpayer, what are you? Simple. You are a man or a woman, right? Tax laws can't be made to apply to men and women who are not persons, because doing such is not constitutional.

Laws are very precise. They don't assume anything. They mean what they say. Don't let a government 'salesman' talk you into being a person rather than, or in addition to, being a man or woman.

Search on 'offer and acceptance' in law. Anybody who tells you that you are a person on any government form is making an offer for you to accept what they say. Do not accept, right from the start.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
SilverCryptoBullet

Activity: 103
Merit: 45

View Profile
June 09, 2024, 02:04:13 AM

You can try to find information for addresses of donators.
List of useful Bitcoin block explorers
https://www.walletexplorer.com/
https://platform.arkhamintelligence.com/
https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/explorer/

It depends on not only addresses of senders but how senders, donators used inputs, outputs for their bitcoin transactions.

General guidelines for sending BTC transactions
Don't send round numbers
Don't send round amounts. Instead of sending 0.1 BTC, send 0.10125

Use Bitcoin Mixers
Mixers add an additional layer of privacy to a transaction to avoid exposing user identities.

Avoid reusing wallets
Don't send your Bitcoin change to the same address you use for sending bitcoins.

Avoid including many of your addresses in one transaction
Any time you can, try not to send BTC from your various Bitcoin addresses.

Avoid using "send everything" option
If you are withdrawing funds from an exchange, it is okay.
If you're moving funds to another wallet, do not transfer the whole amount to another address. It greatly compromises your privacy.
blckhawk

Activity: 1540
Merit: 334

View Profile
June 09, 2024, 02:37:06 AM

I'm smelling someone here trying to use a charity as a way to evade taxes, I mean why are so you uppity about the segregation of your coins when if you're a real donation platform, it wouldn't really matter because the money or the proceeds will probably go with the projects that you're planning to materialize right? As @Vod has said, no one's going to help you out in this situation because the extension of who's at fault will go to the person that helped you do it. Probably for the best too that this is the thing that many decided to do.
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

View Profile
June 09, 2024, 02:55:33 AM

I'm smelling someone here trying to use a charity as a way to evade taxes, I mean why are so you uppity about the segregation of your coins when if you're a real donation platform, it wouldn't really matter because the money or the proceeds will probably go with the projects that you're planning to materialize right? As @Vod has said, no one's going to help you out in this situation because the extension of who's at fault will go to the person that helped you do it. Probably for the best too that this is the thing that many decided to do.
If you have bought time to read some post above mate you will see what OP says about your smelling here as I will
be happy sharing what OP says here

You don't have to answer my question, but I am a firm supporter of Bitcoin and understand what it affords me. I will navigate these bitcoin softwares as best I can. Good day.

so Maybe its enough to understand what he really meant asking this here though it may be helpful if we extend our
advise and helps for op.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1555

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
June 09, 2024, 04:39:20 AM

I don't want to mix up my KYC and non-KYC coins.

Why?  If you only want to pay taxes on KYC coins, that would be illegal.  Since this is not a darkweb pirate-type forum, giving you direction could incriminate us with whatever you do.

But it also doesn't make sense, I don't know if it's a person who doesn't know much about bitcoin and is mixing things up. If bitcoin is yours, it makes sense not to want to mix it up. You can have a bitcoin that you bought in an exchange with kyc and another bitcoin bought in another way without kyc (that because it was without kyc does not mean that you are not going to declare it later). But it is not good that someone who observes the blockchain can know all the bitcoin you have, so it is better to keep it separate.

But as for the donations, as you say, he should declare them all. The fact that some come from exchanges with kyc and others from other sites without kyc is not relevant.

God bless u

Activity: 364
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 09, 2024, 05:05:58 AM

Thanks
First of all it's not legit to ask for suggestion for illegal actions. Any good traders know the basics of trading laws and as a sensible traders he/she will never giver any suggestion against the norms.

Governments and blockchains have right to charge you. No matter how much they charge you can launch legal campaigns for reductions but that's not the right way. As far as the address is considered it depends upon chain to chain consider contacting the help and support section.

blckhawk

Activity: 1540
Merit: 334

View Profile
June 09, 2024, 05:20:08 AM

~
If you have bought time to read some post above mate you will see what OP says about your smelling here as I will
be happy sharing what OP says here

so Maybe its enough to understand what he really meant asking this here though it may be helpful if we extend our
advise and helps for op.
If what OP says is true then technically I'm right, he doesn't want to pay taxes on his bitcoins because he hates them, you just pointed out what I'm trying to say there, thank you. Yes, I might be wrong that OP isn't doing anything illegal but my point still stands, OP doesn't want the bitcoin donations that they're getting to be taxed, I mean I too wouldn't want the government to benefit in my work when I know that it's not going to go anywhere but the pocket of officials, but still even if the cause isn't wrong or that you share the sentiments with it, the law will not, in the eyes of the law, if you help that person evade their taxes then that means you're an accomplice to the crime.
Maus0728
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1578

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
June 09, 2024, 06:22:25 AM

You're probably better off not worrying about that one, I think that you'd be better off worrying how you would make sure that you'd get the full bitcoin and not the after tax because that's where it's going to hurt the most especially when you don't want the government to have a piece of that bitcoin profit, you're probably going to need to do something about that one, much more scary than distinguishing the exchange bitcoins from non-exchange bitcoins.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Mrbluntzy

Activity: 308
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2024, 06:33:54 AM

Thanks

The answer to your question is no. You can actually tell if the coin comes from an exchanged wallet or not but what you wouldn't know is if the exchange is a KYCd exchange or not. I don't think anyone can know this either, unless they are told.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: